E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Weathertech Digital floor mats. wtf!

10-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
325high
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3

Weathertech Digital floor mats. wtf!

man, you guys really let me down this time!

I paid $100 plus $18 shipping to get these highly recommended floor mats and they're pathetic. They don't even come close to matching the tan interior and they're made out of the same material is a kiddie pool. I thought they'd be rubbery, not plastic-y. Plus they don't really fit that well width-wise as there's a solid inch gap between the mat and the side of the footwell. I'm obviously returning them but I'm bummed to be giving up $36 in shipping costs for these things.

Overall, they look cheaper than $15 autozone mats and they ruin the whole interior of the car. I'm just gonna buy the cheapies and cut them so they fit the pedals.

Overall rating: 2/10 v
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

Why don't you just get the BMW winter mats? They might not cover 100% but the cover well and are very thick rubber.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
325high
Second Lieutenant
Rep

b/c it seemed like every thread favored weathertech and b/c i heard the OEMs don't have a lip to catch water/slush/etc. I figure the whole point of winter mats is to keep melted snow off the carpet so if it can't hold the water, mats are useless.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Like I said. Go OEM. You can buy OEM mats which are designed more like a tray if that's what you're looking for.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by auger330 View Post
man, you guys really let me down this time!

I paid $100 plus $18 shipping to get these highly recommended floor mats and they're pathetic. They don't even come close to matching the tan interior and they're made out of the same material is a kiddie pool. I thought they'd be rubbery, not plastic-y. Plus they don't really fit that well width-wise as there's a solid inch gap between the mat and the side of the footwell. I'm obviously returning them but I'm bummed to be giving up $36 in shipping costs for these things.

Overall, they look cheaper than $15 autozone mats and they ruin the whole interior of the car. I'm just gonna buy the cheapies and cut them so they fit the pedals.

Overall rating: 2/10 v
You must have either received the wrong set, or ordered the wrong set - I just got my WeatherTechs for my 09' E92 328ix and they fit like a glove. I needed black so of course the color matches perfectly, don't have any experience with tan color.

But there are prolly 100 different shades of tan - no where do they state that the mats are color matched to any specific car - they just come in a generic Black, Tan, or Gray color.

As far as the material goes, mine are definitely rubbery and flexible (not at all like hard plastic swimming pool material). After all, if you bought the 'Liners' they are just that - Liners, not mats. They don't need to be 1/2" thick, that would make them look stupid.

I bought the entire set with the Cargo Liner and they are so flexible that the Cargo Liner comes shipped rolled up in a box - take it out of the box and after about 30 minutes it flattened right out.

If you were looking for the old style heavy rubbery mats like people put in old pickup trucks, then Autozone is definitely the place to get them...

Here's my fitment (forgive the pics - it was hard to get the right lighting, but they are black):

F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

I got a cheap set of tan ones for you (OEM, brand new).
      10-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Dude I don't understand...I have the tan weather tech mats for my xi 335.

They fit very very well..they have two holes that don't do much...and the mats for the driver side move around, so I bought velcro attachments for them...so they stick to our oem floor.

Other than that...they are great, look classy...they are winter mats, and winter mats are usually made of material like that...so you can remove the "pan" or "mat" and get rid of water/melted snow without it spewing all over your interior.

As for fit...mine is near perfect, and I have 6 MT/clutch, so perhaps you got the wrong set?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Dude I don't understand...I have the tan weather tech mats for my xi 335.

They fit very very well..they have two holes that don't do much...and the mats for the driver side move around, so I bought velcro attachments for them...so they stick to our oem floor.

Other than that...they are great, look classy...they are winter mats, and winter mats are usually made of material like that...so you can remove the "pan" or "mat" and get rid of water/melted snow without it spewing all over your interior.

As for fit...mine is near perfect, and I have 6 MT/clutch, so perhaps you got the wrong set?
Those (2) holes in the front mats are for the mat holders that are supplied with the mats from WeatherTech.

They screw into the carpeting just as the BMW ones do, only instead of velcro, they have a hook that the holes in the mats go over.

I take it you didn't get the mat holders with yours?
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Those (2) holes in the front mats are for the mat holders that are supplied with the mats from WeatherTech.

They screw into the carpeting just as the BMW ones do, only instead of velcro, they have a hook that the holes in the mats go over.

I take it you didn't get the mat holders with yours?
:| no i did not...hmmm
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
325high
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I bought the only ones that were available for the 3 series: Floorliner digitalfit. The only other mats they have don't look anything like what you have. It surprises me that yours are rubbery and flexible. Mine are def hard plastic. I put them in and sat down to get a feel for them and i was literally embarrassed for my poor car. my shoes sounded like they were on a kiddie pool. And for that kind of money, i would have expected some effort on color matching. They're designed specifically for the 3 series so if you're gonna cut them differently, why not dye them differently?

Do most dealerships carry the OEM winter mats in stock? I'm taking the car in for an oil change tmrw so maybe i can check them out.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
325high
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE4SPEED View Post
I got a cheap set of tan ones for you (OEM, brand new).
oem winter? how much?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #12
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I bought the only ones that were available for the 3 series: Floorliner digitalfit. The only other mats they have don't look anything like what you have. It surprises me that yours are rubbery and flexible. Mine are def hard plastic. I put them in and sat down to get a feel for them and i was literally embarrassed for my poor car. my shoes sounded like they were on a kiddie pool. And for that kind of money, i would have expected some effort on color matching. They're designed specifically for the 3 series so if you're gonna cut them differently, why not dye them differently?

Do most dealerships carry the OEM winter mats in stock? I'm taking the car in for an oil change tmrw so maybe i can check them out.

They are hard and plasticy, but you get used to it. I even leave them year round now.

Colour on the beige is a bit darker.

The problem with all other mats is that they do not have a LIP. You need this lip to keep salt, snow, water from staining the side of your beige carpet. Thats why they are so good.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #13
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I bought mine from AutoAnything. When ordering I had to go thru a slew of drop down menus to get the correct liner listings for my specific car (it wasn't just a generic 3 series order). Had to input BMW/2009/328ix Coupe and it came up with all the liners
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #14
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
:| no i did not...hmmm
The MatGrips came packaged in a small ziplok bag with instructions and were contained inside one of the bags that the front mats were in.

Hopefully you didn't throw them out by mistake If you bought the mats new I would call WeatherTech and tell them they were MIA and have them send you some...

They b lookin like this:

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
The MatGrips came packaged in a small ziplok bag with instructions and were contained inside one of the bags that the front mats were in.

Hopefully you didn't throw them out by mistake If you bought the mats new I would call WeatherTech and tell them they were MIA and have them send you some...

They b lookin like this:

ohh i want those.

yea i emailed them. told them i have 6 MT...my clutch could get stuck under a moving mat...could be hazardous (It did once, even with my velcro)

yea, i def didn't get that package...i still have my original boxes. they sent 2 sep shipments
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #16
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I was missing a washer in my clutch hose so I called xxxxauto.com and they said not worth it we'll send you a new hose, which they did. Imagine $67 part, rather than ship the washer which costs all of what $0.49, the hose is so cheap to them that they ship another one out.

Hopefully weathertech uses this same business model and ships you 4 new mats! LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #17
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Just as a check for you:

The stick on label on my WeatherTech Liner box states

BMW 3-Series (E90, E91, E92, E93) 2006+

Front Mats part number - 441461

Rear Mats Part Number - 441463

I can't understand why yours would be that far off on the sides? The sides on my mats actually hit the tunnel and door sill before the mats are all the way pushed down to the carpet - so when they are the way down the sides are tight.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #18
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I was missing a washer in my clutch hose so I called xxxxauto.com and they said not worth it we'll send you a new hose, which they did. Imagine $67 part, rather than ship the washer which costs all of what $0.49, the hose is so cheap to them that they ship another one out.

Hopefully weathertech uses this same business model and ships you 4 new mats! LOL
Yeah, I bought my K&N air filter for my Euro Airbox off them - they had the cheapest price going.

When I got it, the seal on the box was cut as if the box had been opened, and the plastic that the filter is sealed in was cut open. It did not look used in any way, but I bought a new/sealed filter and that is what I wanted.

I called, they apologized, and sent me out a brand new one with 2 day shipping (that was sealed this time) and told me to just keep the other one for my trouble - so now I got a spare
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #19
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

I have had a set of weather tech mats and a cargo liner in the past and they suck, hate the material they are made from, fit is ok at best - bmw heavy rubber mats are way better for less money!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #20
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
I hate when I'm reading a car mag and have to flip through a 3 page weather tech ad
      10-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #21
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

I've always bought the other style, the ones with the close rib pattern that you need to trim for an exact fit and been very happy with them.

I agree that they look more like floor / truck liners, if yours are the same as the ones in the pics posted by the other guy. I don't think I'd want that style in my car, either. They do look at bit like cut-down rubbermaid tubs...

But the trim-to-fit ones are fine, very much like the bmw mats, in fact. A little deeper tread pattern.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #22
325high
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromisdesigns View Post
They do look at bit like cut-down rubbermaid tubs...
Exactly. Just doesn't match the rest of the interior. Leather seats, wood trim...rubbermaid mats.

What are these 'trim to fit' ones? Does anyone have a link?
Appreciate 0