E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > NC performance power kit install

10-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

NC performance power kit install

I'd like to get the BMW performance power kit installed on my 2007 bmw 335 sedan. But I am getting totally different labor estimates and even comments on the install process from different local dealers in Raleigh, NC. One says its just software and 2K to install it (!) another wants8 hours of labor.

It seems to me that none of them have actually done one.

Can you guys please suggest some dealer in NC who might have actually done one of these installs?

Thanks, I am looking to get this done this week.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
pantherfan69
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D M-Sport

Garage List
2011 335D  [0.00]
I know TMann motorsports in greensboro does some crazy upgrades, and you should see his collection of vehicles!
      10-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
I'd like to get the BMW performance power kit installed on my 2007 bmw 335 sedan. But I am getting totally different labor estimates and even comments on the install process from different local dealers in Raleigh, NC. One says its just software and 2K to install it (!) another wants8 hours of labor.

It seems to me that none of them have actually done one.

Can you guys please suggest some dealer in NC who might have actually done one of these installs?

Thanks, I am looking to get this done this week.
I cannot help you with a dealer in NC to install a PPK but I will say I have priced the labor out around the MD/DC/VA area and 6 to 8 hrs is about right and yes very few dealers have done them.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
zeenon53
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have tried to get quotes on this from a couple VA Beach dealers and none of them know what the power kit is. Tisher told me it should be 3-5 hours in labor typically.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
imperium2000
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 Coupe

1)If you care about your warranty, you need to get it installed by a BMW dealer.
2)My dealer charged me 8hours of labor but it a very long time to get it done. It took them almost 3 working days before the car was ready. Most of the issues were trying to program the ECU.
3)Most dealers have never installed it. My dealer, the largest volume BMW dealer in California, has installed 2 before mine. Most were either installed in port during the early release or new buyers are just getting the 335is.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenon53 View Post
I have tried to get quotes on this from a couple VA Beach dealers and none of them know what the power kit is. Tisher told me it should be 3-5 hours in labor typically.
That's odd, Tischer told me 6 to 8. I have heard at port they use to get 4 if that helps you in negotiations but in actuality BMW has no set standard for hours to install, it's up to individual dealerships to set their own labor hours, which I will say is not a good thing unless you have many dealerships to choose from, ie competitive pricing!
Appreciate 0