E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Has anybody switched from Dinan Stage 2 to Procede ? I would love to hear a review.

10-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Has anybody switched from Dinan Stage 2 to Procede ? I would love to hear a review.

I have the Dinan stage 2 and I am about to come out of warrantee - at which time I would consider a piggy.

Has anybody made this switch?

I would love to hear the differences and what you need to get.

Is there anyone in Ontario - Toronto area - installing Procede/Meth ?

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Hey DaFish, I've got a Procede on my car and have installed/unistalled it at least 10 times so far, its not hard you could do it yourself just follow the video on youtube...

as for meth, I installed it for Irishace on this board...he's now running the fastest 135i in the world with that setup, never any issues...if you'd like I can get it installed for you but I'd charge...pm me for pricing...takes a full day depending on what car and where you'd like to mount it (trunk or windshield washer fluid tank)...Irishace has a 135i and I did a trunk mount install for him...i've got an E90 335i and I did a windshield washer fluid tank install for me...

this install isn't really hard either, it just takes a long time...lots of tubing and wires to run/splice/etc etc

Last edited by dzenno; 10-16-2010 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

He does good work

If you want to swicth to a piggy you will need to reflash your ECU back to stock before you install the piggy. You really can't go wrong with either a PROcede or JB3.
      10-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Bro, I'm going out to Cayuga tomorrow...didn't get that line lock yet from AR and they're unresponsive for days...not sure what's up
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
Bro, I'm going out to Cayuga tomorrow...didn't get that line lock yet from AR and they're unresponsive for days...not sure what's up
Hey awesome, wish I could go. Just got back from the hospital today with my new baby girl so my drag racing this year is officially over.

Shoot Andrew a note to see what's up with that line lock. Good luck man, you should be running 11.7s with your trap speeds! May the force be with you on the launch.
      10-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey DaFish, I've got a Procede on my car and have installed/unistalled it at least 10 times so far, its not hard you could do it yourself just follow the video on youtube...

as for meth, I installed it for Irishace on this board...he's now running the fastest 135i in the world with that setup, never any issues...if you'd like I can get it installed for you but I'd charge...pm me for pricing...takes a full day depending on what car and where you'd like to mount it (trunk or windshield washer fluid tank)...Irishace has a 135i and I did a trunk mount install for him...i've got an E90 335i and I did a windshield washer fluid tank install for me...

this install isn't really hard either, it just takes a long time...lots of tubing and wires to run/splice/etc etc
Thanks Man, I may take you up on that when the time comes.

My question is though, what is the difference in power going from Dinan S2 to Procede/Meth? I spent 2k on the Dinan and want to know what I need to spend to make it worth spending the extra cash.

You guys have spend a flippin fortune I think... wow those cars are fast... I should come and take a ride in one and it would probably blow my mind and I would fork out the cash immediately.

Berger Motor sports... did they do all the work? Good guys?

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Thanks Man, I may take you up on that when the time comes.

My question is though, what is the difference in power going from Dinan S2 to Procede/Meth? I spent 2k on the Dinan and want to know what I need to spend to make it worth spending the extra cash.

You guys have spend a flippin fortune I think... wow those cars are fast... I should come and take a ride in one and it would probably blow my mind and I would fork out the cash immediately.

Burger Motorsports lol

I'm going from Dinan Stage II to a Procede... whole other ball game. You won't regret it
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

I should have brought this thread up to Steve Dinan today. He was at a local Dinan dealer Atspeed Motorsports near me and had a really nice exotic/race car show.

Steve D showed up and gave a 'presentation' which basically consisted of him bragging about himself, then there was a question and answer which I found funny.

He claimed BMW solved the HPFP issue on the n55 by lowering the pressure compared to the n54, WRONG......they are failing too Steve.

answer to your question is, have you driven a procede v4 equipped car yet? I would do that 1st before forking out the cash, you already have a largish investment w Dinan.

Here he is:

and a few of the cars there:

10-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Burger Motorsports is the manufacturer of my tune (JB3) and my intake. Do some searching on this site for JB3 and Procede and you will find out some info.

Moving from Dinan Stage 2 to a PROcede is night and day. Dinan stage 2 is so far out of the PROcede's league its not even funny.
      10-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
Burger Motorsports lol

I'm going from Dinan Stage II to a Procede... whole other ball game. You won't regret it
Hey Brey, when you do, let me know how it is. I would imagine you would need the suspension and LSD to go with that with the subframe.... or it will be squirrelly I bet.

The numbers are amazing though.... "Burger" site looks good. For 3 or 4 grand you could have a rocket..... intercooler, JB3, exhaust and DP... I will PM them for a quote. I don't think Dinan is putting anywhere near that power out, maybe 330 to the wheels (or less). Does anybody know what Dinan Stage 2 is to the wheels?

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I should have brought this thread up to Steve Dinan today. He was at a local Dinan dealer Atspeed Motorsports near me and had a really nice exotic/race car show.

Steve D showed up and gave a 'presentation' which basically consisted of him bragging about himself, then there was a question and answer which I found funny.

He claimed BMW solved the HPFP issue on the n55 by lowering the pressure compared to the n54, WRONG......they are failing too Steve.

answer to your question is, have you driven a procede v4 equipped car yet? I would do that 1st before forking out the cash, you already have a largish investment w Dinan.
I would have loved to be in the audience for the presentation

DaFish- The Burger product is basically a boost controller, not a comprehensive engine tune. It increase boost pressure (somewhat erratically at that) unlike other tunes (Gaic, Dinan, CPE, Procede, etc,.) which offer better boost control and remap ignition advance as well. As a result, it will never make the same level of power as safely as the other options that can rightfully be called "tunes". But they are inexpensive which is why many people run it/have run it. Since you have the ability to start from scratch, do your research and find the tune option that best meets your needs AND conforms of basic engine practices.

Your current tune is perfectly sound if a bit too conservative for most users. There have been many people who have made the Dinan->Procede switch and have been happy with the results. As well as the new features provided (built-in boost/afr/meth gauges, autotuning, mapswtiching, etc,.).

If you need any help with regards to building a complete package (tune plus supporting mods), feel free to email us at sales@vishnutuning.com.

Regards,
Shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 10-16-2010 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
Burger Motorsports is the manufacturer of my tune (JB3) and my intake. Do some searching on this site for JB3 and Procede and you will find out some info.

Moving from Dinan Stage 2 to a PROcede is night and day. Dinan stage 2 is so far out of the PROcede's league its not even funny.
Irishace, is there a reason you haven't tried the PROcede? (correct me if you have tried it before) With the 15 day return policy, I think everyone should give it a try. You seem intelligent and knowledgeable..and speaking positively of the Procede...yet still have the JB3.

Just curious if you have ever tried the procede...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Lowering the pressure + bigger flowing injectors, is what I heard him say at the end.

I think the injector changed at Jan 2009 for the N54, but I remember SIB 13 04 09 which said the improved part was for, "high pressure injector failure (leakage or incorrect spraying pattern), due to internal wear or unfavorable stack of tolerances", as well as, "injector tips are covered with a layer of carbon deposit".

No mention of the re-design to be able to flow more fuel to compensate for lower HPFP pressure?

N54 part numbers:
08 Injector 6 12/2008 13537565138 ENDED
08 Injector 6 13537585261 $309.66

The injector # on the N55 is different, so maybe the story of their failed attempt to correct the issue is accurate? He is very quick with his answers though...

N55 part # 13 - Injector 6 13537568607

Last edited by scottp999; 10-16-2010 at 09:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I would have loved to be in the audience for the presentation

DaFish- The Burger product is basically a boost controller, not a comprehensive engine tune. It increase boost pressure (somewhat erratically at that) unlike other tunes (Gaic, Dinan, CPE, Procede, etc,.) which offer better boost control and remap ignition advance as well. As a result, it will never make the same level of power as safely as the other options that can rightfully be called "tunes". But they are inexpensive which is why many people run it/have run it. Since you have the ability to start from scratch, do your research and find the tune option that best meets your needs AND conforms of basic engine practices.

Your current tune is perfectly sound if a bit too conservative for most users. There have been many people who have made the Dinan->Procede switch and have been happy with the results. As well as the new features provided (built-in boost/afr/meth gauges, autotuning, mapswtiching, etc,.).

If you need any help with regards to building a complete package (tune plus supporting mods), feel free to email us at sales@vishnutuning.com.

Regards,
Shiv
I would have paid to see that one......seriously. Listening to that man talk makes me want to run headfirst into a wall in hope of being knocked unconscious. Its the same sales pitch every time he's been there.

whats funny is a friend of mine who is one here has a Dinan stg II tune, once his warranty is up which is very soon he's going Procede. he was actually speaking with another 335 owner who was interested in a tune...even at a Dinan event of sorts the Procede was being pushed by a current Dinan customer.

The Dinan tune is fine and certainly sound, but not what a lot of people who are tuning their cars are looking for in the end.
      10-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #15
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Listening to that man talk makes me want to run headfirst into a wall in hope of being knocked unconscious.
Agreed! When I have been in that shop waiting on work (and the shop guys do great work), the typical tune customer has no boost gauge, does not do any of their own maintenance, and has a tough time knowing if the tune is still working. In two visits there were 3 customers that wanted their DME read to see if the tune was still working. I told one of them about Rick's boost gauge and that they could tell if they floored it gettting on the highway. If a recommendation does not come from the Dinan dealer, it goes in the trash with most of the customers there.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #16
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Quote:
Hey - been in and out of the office for a few days - did you email me?
      10-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #17
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Irishace, is there a reason you haven't tried the PROcede? (correct me if you have tried it before) With the 15 day return policy, I think everyone should give it a try. You seem intelligent and knowledgeable..and speaking positively of the Procede...yet still have the JB3.

Just curious if you have ever tried the procede...
I have not tried the PROcede and probably should try it but at this point I really have no reason to. I do very much understand the positives vs. the JB3 but I have had such a great experience with the tune and the support from Terry that I am very loyal to the Burger brand.

I also very much appreciate my proximity to Mike@N54tuning who has been a tremendous help for me personally. With the Gen 4 board imminent I feel that there is even less of a reason to try the PROcede.

I don't really get into the PROcede vs JB3 pissing contests on the forums because I know the merits of each product and have selected the one that is best for me.

That being said, I do have the fastest non-nitrous 135i on the planet so its pretty hard to argue with the results of the JB3 for me.

Last edited by Irishace; 10-17-2010 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #18
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
I have the Dinan stage 2 and I am about to come out of warrantee - at which time I would consider a piggy.

Has anybody made this switch?

I would love to hear the differences and what you need to get.

Is there anyone in Ontario - Toronto area - installing Procede/Meth ?
I have had 2-3 customers switch from Dinan to the JB3 and all are very happy with the switch. One of them got a refund from Dinan for the price of the flash but the others had to eat the cost unfortunately. I think its common feeling that the JB3 or PROcede are better then Dinan in terms of power delivery (especially top end) and overall modding enjoyment (and cost)

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #19
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Why would you consider a piggy out of warranty ? Don't you want to minimize the risk of premature engine wearing / blowing so that you won't have to pay the repairs ? I would stick with Dinan Stage 2, maybe upgrade to Stage 3 or GIAC...much safer options when you are out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #20
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Why would you consider a piggy out of warranty ? Don't you want to minimize the risk of premature engine wearing / blowing so that you won't have to pay the repairs ? I would stick with Dinan Stage 2, maybe upgrade to Stage 3 or GIAC...much safer options when you are out of warranty.

How is the GIAC safer than a procede if you cap boost at the same level for each tune? As far as I know the procede is probably even more accurate at boost targeting, and GIAC does not have the increased water pump speeds that Dinan swears is essential for tuning these cars.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #21
Calvin@Vishnu
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #22
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
I have not tried the PROcede and probably should try it but at this point I really have no reason to. I do very much understand the positives vs. the JB3 but I have had such a great experience with the tune and the support from Terry that I am very loyal to the Burger brand.

I also very much appreciate my proximity to Mike@N54tuning who has been a tremendous help for me personally. With the Gen 4 board imminent I feel that there is even less of a reason to try the PROcede.

I don't really get into the PROcede vs JB3 pissing contests on the forums because I know the merits of each product and have selected the one that is best for me.

That being said, I do have the fastest non-nitrous 135i on the planet so its pretty hard to argue with the results of the JB3 for me.

Nice response!
Appreciate 0