E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Bought a vishnu v3

10-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Yemeniii
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Bought a vishnu v3

i wanted to ask what you think before i install my car is stock i only have bms air intakes and i wanna install the v3 by next week im hoping for no code errors or problems. Did any of you have any problems with this chip?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

why do you post a picture of your car when the question doesn't relate to it?
Your DRLs do look sick though

Nonetheless, as many will say:

Problems:
If you do a Bad install..... car may not start, etc etc
You forget to remove prior to service and goodbye warranty
Over-boost it and blow a turbo or engine (extreme I know, but it's possible)
Run too much boost when you lack other mods (a BMS DCI is mainly sound on a closed hood)
If you do remove it prior to service, you leave the ECU box/covers etc loose and they suspect something...

Pros:
Increased power
Eliminates codes on its own
Ability to custom create a map (which you probably shouldn't do since Shiv's default maps are enough)
PNP install (not super easy, but much simpler than a jb3 pin out)

etc etc

Good luck with whatever you do

Last edited by persian54; 10-13-2010 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Slidewayz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

You'll want to upgrade to V4.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
M3 Eater
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I just tried to install a V2 in my buddies car.

I sent it to procede for a V3 harness upgrade and when i got it back one of the wires was disconnected. I haven't heard back from them even though they took the time to respond initially since I got the tune back. I did my best to install but there are no install instructions anywhere for a V2 chip that has been upgraded to the V3 harness. I followed the V3 instructions and got codes gallore. Called Vishnu and emailed and haven't heard back since. My buddy since then went to a tune shop where the recommended a Jb3 instead. I was excited becuase I had never drove a car with the VIshnu tune in it so I tried hard as I could to get it in and running right. I still haven't been able to do it.

Wires and install are pretty manageable but the plugs that go in the inputs were not plugged up when i got the box back from vishnu. I didn't know that they were supppose to be in place prior to install and starting so my bad! Like I said I called, emailed Vishnu about the issue, thanked them for the harness and the firmware upgrade but haven't heard back since.

They actually put it in a test car so I guess it worked for them but I wish it worked for me. I actually was paid to install that damn thing twice and haven't been able to do it successfully. I have installed several JB3's and the directions make the procede easier to install accept the car has coded every time I have attempted to put it in. Also having one of the power wires detached from the harness with no instructions on this unit specifically have made it difficult. The V3 is just like the V2 with the PNP harness.

I hope yours works the first time you put it in. Procede is a great tune and unless you plan on running Meth or Race gas, the V3 is more than enough Boost for 80% of the folks who purchase a tune.
      10-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Post a picture of your vishnu harware including the harness so we can be sure what version it is.

Great looking car. Get rid of the amber side markers and replace with body colored ones.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Yemeniii
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Post a picture of your vishnu harware including the harness so we can be sure what version it is.

Great looking car. Get rid of the amber side markers and replace with body colored ones.
i already have changed it now i will just need to paint it but thanks

im getting the v3 by mail soon i dont know about upgrading it ill just keep the v3 remove and install hopefully perfectly try not to raise suspicions lol
Appreciate 0