E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Exhaust preferences and Mods

10-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
sn0pea
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black 325i 2006

Exhaust preferences and Mods

I own a 2006 325i and I was looking for a nice sounding exhaust system.
Do you have any suggestions for exhausts I should look at?
Should I go with just a muffler or invest in the whole system? How much of the exhaust system do I need to get a nice sound?
And I was told installing a different exhaust system would mess with some of the electronics in my car, is this true?
Thanks.

Also, I'm looking at blacking out my car. So far I am planning on blacking out the grille and emblems. What other things can/should I black out on my car? And if it is something I would need professionally done how much would it cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
scrufy
Zoom Zoom This
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Short Bus

Ive tried just mufflers at a muffler shop and it was cheap butit didnt sound good so I ended up wasting the cash and going catback.
No, the only electronics that would get screwed up is if you change out the part with the o2 sensor and thats only if you dont get a new piece with a bung welded on to accept the sensor. Pretty much catback and your good to go. More than that and its still not a huge issue but wont pass smog and illegal in most states...
Hope that helps a bit.
I dont know much about the 325 so cant really help on the other questions, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
c_jeong89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 TiAg

try posting in the NA(Non-Turbo) section for more responses but for now BMW Perf exhaust is a good option
Appreciate 0