E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > wreck need input

10-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
m1tal1k
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi black sedan 07

wreck need input

some chick rear ended me at a red light, and shes already admitted her fault, just waiting for the insurance company to call me to get it checked out, but for a "rear" end i am having some other car troubles after this *happened yesterday*

My bumper is gonna get replaced. bolts punched through etc. Also my wheels seem "off" when I drive (AWD) and my alignment is definitely off. When she hit me all my "check" lights went on and stayed on for like 20 mins. My driver door now 'creaks' when I open it, and that i cant even fathom happened since i was just rear ended. I do have Xdrive and hope she didnt mess that up.

What yall think BMW will do for me?

2007 328xi
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tal1k View Post
some chick rear ended me at a red light, and shes already admitted her fault, just waiting for the insurance company to call me to get it checked out, but for a "rear" end i am having some other car troubles after this *happened yesterday*

My bumper is gonna get replaced. bolts punched through etc. Also my wheels seem "off" when I drive (AWD) and my alignment is definitely off. When she hit me all my "check" lights went on and stayed on for like 20 mins. My driver door now 'creaks' when I open it, and that i cant even fathom happened since i was just rear ended. I do have Xdrive and hope she didnt mess that up.

What yall think BMW will do for me?

2007 328xi
BMW will do nothing for you since it isn't their fault.

Go to your local forums and get recommendations for a good body shop. You might get lucky and it'll be one that works with a dealership that can diagnose your mechanical issues - but none of this is covered under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
m1tal1k
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi black sedan 07

Oh I only posted this cause it said maintenance, even though it isnt me checking in, my local BMW has a body shop and i figured insurance would send me car to the....dealer? BMW isnt something you can just "drop" off at any body shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #4
JC316
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i | 2009 E90 335i

I would just take the car to the BMW service center and have them take a look at the vehicle. They should do an inspection of the vehicle. Her insurance should pay for the parts and the labor associated with the issue. When you take it to the service center, I would tell them specifically what you think is wrong so they can spend extra time looking for possible issues associated with what you think is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
volsgradstudent
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tal1k View Post
Oh I only posted this cause it said maintenance, even though it isnt me checking in, my local BMW has a body shop and i figured insurance would send me car to the....dealer? BMW isnt something you can just "drop" off at any body shop.

To your insurance company, your BMW is just a car. It can be repaired at any body shop. It doesn't have to go to a dealer.

If you want the work performed by a dealer, work with your insurance adjuster to make it happen. Don't assume that the dealer will get the approval automatically.

And be ready for remanufactured and non-OEM parts, the latest battle in the insurance world.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Kylekuu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi, 84 318i

there are bmw certified collision centers, look around the web, or call a bmw dealer and ask them about good recommended shops. Depending on your location you can find bmw enthusiasts shop, they tend to be good if they specialize in bmw new and old
Appreciate 0