BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
lacie4me
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 X3

2009 X3 memory functions with keys

This is my first BMW and so far I love the car but the dealer seems a little lacking in knowledge. FYI, this is a new vehicle which was an Executive demo under full warranty so I want everything to work as it should.

I advised the dealer that per the owners manual the keys should also activate the memory for the seats and mirrors and that I wanted that function activated. Per the owners manual this is an option that the dealer has to activate.

Well they advised that this was not applicable to my vehicle but I do not agree. They also advised that I had to hold the seat memory button down until the memory settings were completely applied, well that just isn't true. They are one touch once programmed and work fine.

Could somone please advise if the keys should activate the memoroy settings as stated in the owners manual on a 2009 X3.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
joylove
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI

Yes seat memory is possible, however it's disabled in the software, probably for litiigation reasons in the USA. I just enabled it using NCS expert on my 2008. Also turned on a few extras such as comfort closure, enabled the rain sensor, enabled the roof to auto close the roof when raining, auto close the blind when locking, disable the roof pause at comfort position when closing, disabled the seatbelt chime and key in chime and enabled RDS in the radio.
Appreciate 0