2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Info on ED invoices and doing the deal

09-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
bfv
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bajaj Auto Rickshaw

Unhappy Info on ED invoices and doing the deal

Hi,

Considering my first BMW 528i with ED. Does anyone know good CA(s) experienced in ED for NY/NJ area?

How do I get hold of ED invoices?

If a CA from California does ED for me, do I have to go to California to pickup the car when it comes to USA?

Thank you...........HELP !

V
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

This may, or may not help...

When purchasing a vehicle for ED, you have the option of having it delivered to your selling dealer after you turn it in for shipment in Europe OR having it delivered to the factory in South Carolina. If you opt for SC, they'll pay for a night at a motel and a day at the track driving a similar car, then you're on your way home.

While I don't know this for sure, my guess is those are your only two choices. Also, not sure if there are any differences in the vehicles when sold for delivery to CA, so not sure if they could deal with that easily. There is some labor the selling dealer needs to use to prep your car for re-delivery. I thought that was part of the money you end up paying to buy the car (he keeps part, sends the rest to corporate), but it may not matter if he effectively bills BMW for that.

At least where I live, any BMW dealer will perform the maintenance, but if you didn't buy the vehicle from them, your chances of a free loaner are much lower. This may or may not be true everywhere, but has been my general experience.
Appreciate 0