BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    I May or May Not Regret......

09-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I May or May Not Regret......

Hello.
I'm gonna rant and rave a little. feel free to reply with advice/bragging/agreements/etc etc.
After driving my car for almost 1,000 miles, and lurking this site nonstop, and starting to see a few other e90's on the road, i think i do regret not getting the 330. I always like to have the best. i feel like i built one of the best 325's(navi,xenons, heated/power front seats, bmw assist.) i got every option that i would use, and that didnt require leather(i would have liked a few of the features in the sport and premimum package, but im 100% against leather). and i feel like im missing out alot on not having the 330. i just walked past an alpine white one with its nicer wheels and chrome grill and im a little jealous.
the worst part is, i think i could have afforded it.
im 21 years old. i own a business. i JUST moved out of my parents house, and im trying to get my priorities in the proper order. because for a while they werent. when i had my last car(2003 acura tl-s) people that i was crazy for having a 32k dollar car and living with mom and dad. so i opted for the "cheaper" bmw in hopes to sort out whats more important a little.
Did i do the right thing?
i only locked into a 24 month lease. cause i was pretty sure this would happen. hopefully in 23 months im making a lot more money and i can get whatever is newer and exciting and have no regrets at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdheaven
im 100% against leather
Why? Don't like killing cows?

I don't know what kind of advice you are looking for, like you said you are locked in to a lease. Enjoy your car and don't put too many miles on it.
      09-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
cdheaven
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclay
Why? Don't like killing cows?

I don't know what kind of advice you are looking for, like you said you are locked in to a lease. Enjoy your car and don't put too many miles on it.

nope. vegan.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #4
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

You can't trade in for a 330i without penalty?

I was going to get a 325i but with all the options I wanted it was just worth it to get the 330i. After driving the two, there is definitely a big difference.

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #5
cdheaven
Rep

i special ordered my 325. it took 6 weeks to get here. plus i thought and still sorta think i did the "right" thing by saving myself like 150 dollars a month or something. im not sure if there would be a "penalty" for upgrading. but i would have to special order the 330 and take on a bigger payment.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #6
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
i special ordered my 325. it took 6 weeks to get here. plus i thought and still sorta think i did the "right" thing by saving myself like 150 dollars a month or something. im not sure if there would be a "penalty" for upgrading. but i would have to special order the 330 and take on a bigger payment.
yeah, if you do decide you want a 330i, i would check out a few dealers and see if anyone can do something for you. it depends on how long you've had the car for and if they think there is some benefit for them.

Last edited by Nikki; 09-10-2005 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #7
Costa
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Take it from someone a bit older who has owned a few cars and seen what a waste of money they can be ... For my 2c worth, I would say stick with your current car, enjoy it (it's a great car), invest that extra cash into your business ... and in a few years let your business buy you that more expensive car
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 07:56 PM   #8
darkie
Private
Rep
Drives: going to be 330i

If you are like me, it's natural to feel a bit of buyers remorse. Just enjoy your car. in 2 years when your lease is up, you will probably be able to upgrade to the 335i
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #9
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkie
If you are like me, it's natural to feel a bit of buyers remorse. Just enjoy your car. in 2 years when your lease is up, you will probably be able to upgrade to the 335i
This is the most sound advice...

Once you get the 330, the 335 will soon come out. You will then have regrets again. Don't get into this cycle, it can be very expensive. Enjoy what you have. The 325 is a great car. When the 335 is available you will be ready for the upgrade.
      09-12-2005, 03:09 AM   #10
sunchild
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Hello.
...when i had my last car(2003 acura tl-s)...
hey, just like me. 03 TL navigation with oem kit, used to post on the TL forums a lot. the TL and frankly japanese cars got real boring. they have no soul... unlike the bmw
Appreciate 0