BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

08-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
carri0n m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x5M

exp

So I went in on Sunday morning for my standard maintenance on my 2009 M3. Everything seemed to be going fine about 1 hour into the service and I was bored watching TV in their waiting room, so I decided to go upstairs and check out the Porsches. So I go upstairs and to my horror, I see MY m3 getting pulled out of the service bay. The person driving it rev's it up loud and accelerates rapidly out of the spot, seemingly trying to get the back-end loose (I'm sure the traction control stopped it) and then goes blasting out of the shop.

This makes me furious and I've since complained to my service person, head of the maintenance shop and my service adviser (they all said they were sorry it happened and vowed to make sure to speak to that person). I'm not sure what else to do besides give them an awful review if BMW calls and asks if I was satisfied with my appointment. It really makes me mad to have someone drive my car like that.

Not the end of the world and I'm glad the car was not damaged but still not happy every time I think about it.

EDIT: cleaned up title because they resolved issue.

Last edited by carri0n m3; 09-02-2010 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Thanks for the head's up. I never liked Herb chambers in Boston. I bought my car from Herb Chambers in Sudbury, and i think the service and facility is much better. If you don't mind the drive, i recommend you service it with them. The head of their service department, Ali, seems like a nice guy. He used to work in the Boston branch before sudbury opened.
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
carri0n m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update: received a call from the head of the dealership who apologized profusely. They said they were going to take action to speak to the person that drove the car and offered me a free service appointment (really were nice to offer whatever I thought was approp -- which I always feel bad taking anything given that was not the motivation here).

They said reputation is all they have and felt awful about what happened. I realize they "should" say that but I appreciated the random call to follow-up. People make mistakes and hopefully the person that did it, will learn from it and be more responsible in the future. At least I feel like the situation is "resolved."

Thanks for the heads up on the other dealership, I will definitely take that into account. BTW, where is that picture taken?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
They're open on Sunday? That's a nice perk.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

The photo on the left i have no idea, a guy on the forum made me the sig and put that in. The pic with my car was taken on the top floor of the parking garage in quincy market. I accidentally went to the top floor, but found it had a nice view so i took some pics.

Here are some
Attached Images

///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
carri0n m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

solid pictures, I'll dig up some of mine that I took in downtown as well. Very cool backdrop
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

Bad reviews affect the service advisor's bonus at the end of the month, if you don't give a 5 out of 5 then the person is losing money or points during that month.
Would be extremely careful next time you take your car in for service since they will not be happy with how you rated your last service experience.
      09-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
carri0n m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

that's disappointing to think they would do something bad to my car because they already did something inappropriate and then I told them they did so. is this the mafia? I think a better idea is for them to just do an adequate job and there wouldn't be an issue. I don't think its too much to ask to just drive the car like a normal person vs. like they stole it.
Appreciate 0