ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
GothM
Oversteer Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe, Black Sapphire

1 lap of Oregon Raceway Park / Z4M

Me hacking up one lap of the new Oregon Raceway Park in the Z4M during last Friday's Club Carrera track day. The video does not do the track justice. It is like a roller coaster for cars. Lots of fun in the M Coupe and very challenging. Thought you would like to see what it looks like. Come visit.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
R32
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothM View Post
Me hacking up one lap of the new Oregon Raceway Park in the Z4M during last Friday's Club Carrera track day. The video does not do the track justice. It is like a roller coaster for cars. Lots of fun in the M Coupe and very challenging. Thought you would like to see what it looks like. Come visit.
your lines look pretty good to me! i'm sure that you embarrassed a lot of the i-don't-need-to-learn-how-to-drive-because-i-have-a-porsche crowd.

that course looks like a lot of fun- lots of on-camber sweepers that will let you go faster than you'd think . it doesn't look that technical or hard on brakes, but i'm probably not a good judge of such things...

are there corner workers in the flag stands? it looks like you're all by yourself out there!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

Well, I've added that racetrack to my list! Man, that looks fun!

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

Looks like you were running a good smooth line. The track looks like a lot of fun and there's not much to hit if you go off. Is your car completely stock or modified, and what kind of tires were you running?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
GothM
Oversteer Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe, Black Sapphire

Thanks. Yeah, the track is out in the middle of what used to be a hay fields so if you go off you may shovel up some dirt but you are most likely to drive home.

My car is stock other than H&R springs and I am running 18x9s with 245/40s up front & 18X10s with 275/30 in the back. The tires are Nitto Invos.
Appreciate 0