E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > rear brakes vibrating/rattling while stopping

08-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
Eggroll
好味道!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

rear brakes vibrating/rattling while stopping

i noticed this annoying vibrating/rattling noise coming from the rear whenever i am making a stop from street speed, as the car is stopping... i brought it into dealer and described the problem and the dealer came back and said what they hear is only the non oem suspension making tiny noise over bumps... which is BS.. so my best bet is to have a tech sit in my car and duplicate the noise? btw my warranty is out in 20 days... if they are not willing to fix it for me and the noise gets more obivous/brake disc need to be replace after my warranty is out, and if i complain to BMW NA, you think they will fix it for me without costing me anything? any inputs will help guys.. thanks a bit!

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
i noticed this annoying vibrating/rattling noise coming from the rear whenever i am making a stop from street speed, as the car is stopping... i brought it into dealer and described the problem and the dealer came back and said what they hear is only the non oem suspension making tiny noise over bumps... which is BS.. so my best bet is to have a tech sit in my car and duplicate the noise? btw my warranty is out in 20 days... if they are not willing to fix it for me and the noise gets more obivous/brake disc need to be replace after my warranty is out, and if i complain to BMW NA, you think they will fix it for me without costing me anything? any inputs will help guys.. thanks a bit!
They can't fix what is not broken, right? Unless you/they can duplicate the problem, what do you repair or replace? Take the tech out for a ride and point it out.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Make sure the rear caliper is not loose/unbolted.
Grab a handfull and try rocking them, should be no play.
I have seen the two brake caliper mount bolts loosen up before.
Appreciate 0