E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Grinding on Decline

08-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
ka2112
kgirlk2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Grinding on Decline

Hi. I have a 2011 335i xdrive and took the car in for service about 10 days ago because it stalled when I turned a corner. Ended up needing the air mass meter replaced.

A day or so after getting the car back, the Service Engine Soon light came on again for a day and then went out. A couple days later, i.e. yesterday, I drove the car up onto my parents' driveway, put the car in park and pulled the emergency brake, as the driveway was on an incline.

The car was running for just a couple minutes, and then I released the emergency brake and put the car in reverse to head back down the driveway. As I started down, I felt and heard a long grinding noise, as if something was stuck underneath my car and it was preventing me from rolling down any further.

I checked all around and underneath the car, and in and around the wheels, and saw nothing, no obstructions. I pulled the car forward and tried again. Same thing happened. Long grinding almost bringing the car to a stop. When I applied the brakes, I felt a great amount of tension on the brake pedal so much so that I could hardly press down at all. I then tried rolling down the incline with my car in neutral, and I experienced the same problem.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what might be causing this??

Appreciate 0