BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Cris C125i
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 125i Coupe

what if you had a second chance to choice serie 1.

Hello everybody:

I'm kind of excited becauses I will have to payed my car for the next november. I have a 128i and I'm thinking to get a new one. This time I would rather a 135i but I need to know whats is the most I can do with my money. I mean Should I buy the perfomance? or Should I change my mind about getting the new 135i?

I want to use your experiencie and knowlegde about serie 1. Or simply I need a second opinion about it. I'm looking forward to getting a new serie 1 with variations but after to know your coments.

Thanks!

Greetings from Tequila's land
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris C125i View Post
Hello everybody:

I'm kind of excited becauses I will have to payed my car for the next november. I have a 128i and I'm thinking to get a new one. This time I would rather a 135i but I need to know whats is the most I can do with my money. I mean Should I buy the perfomance? or Should I change my mind about getting the new 135i?

I want to use your experiencie and knowlegde about serie 1. Or simply I need a second opinion about it. I'm looking forward to getting a new serie 1 with variations but after to know your coments.

Thanks!

Greetings from Tequila's land
If I didn't get my 135i, or didn't want to spend the money for one, I would have gone with the 328i sedan with sport, manual.

Why? Because I think the 3 series sport suspension is better sorted than the 135i suspension. So, if I didn't get the power of the 135i, then I would have gone for the better handling lower powered car, the 328i sedan or coupe. The NA 6 has plenty of smooth useable power, and it LOVES to be revved. Coupled with the sport suspension of the 3 series, it's an enthusiasts winner combination for a BMW of lower cost.

If you can swing just enough for the 135i then all you need is the manual to keep costs down, and the sport pkg. The new 1 comes with lots of goodies standard. You'll have the awesome power that makes you not mind the sub-par suspension tuning.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
dude, it's night and day. I came over from a pretty heavily modded 328 and I thought that car was quick, so could this be that much quicker stock? The truth is simply... YES!

If you need to pass on a few options for the upgrade do it. Ultimately you driving the car is the #1 reason to buy it, not to have a navi or leather or bluetooth. You can do without the extras (though I highly recommend at least the Sport or Msport pkg for the seats and suspension) and still love the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Brix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' Grigio Telesto F80-6MT

Seriously do it... These cars are a great overall value. You cant go wrong. Just pick a nice color...
      08-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

I would never buy the same car twice. No matter how bad I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Cris C125i
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 125i Coupe

Nice information! Thanks a lot! I will let you know my decisio!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
michifan
Old Soul
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM BWM 135iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
I would never buy the same car twice. No matter how bad I love it.
I had a 2000 S2000 and right after 9/11 they were practically 'giving away' cars. I ended up swapping the the 2002 model and never regretted it.

I'm buying my current 135 off lease (CPO through my dealer) when it comes up (at least that's the plan), mainly because I take care of my car and I don't see anything else that I want as much.

While I am interested in the 1M - especially if there is a 1M Convert, I think I'll have a good value with my current car. That's the beauty of a low money factor lease, if the residual is higher than market - negotiate or turn it in. If the residual is lower than market, keep or sell. If it's about the same, you can be indifferent.
Appreciate 0