E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Good Replacement brake pads for 07' E92 335i

07-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
montegostarr
Girlie Girl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 328i Sedan

Good Replacement brake pads for 07' E92 335i

Hey, can somebody give me so me guidance for a set of F/R brake pads for my 2007 E92 335i that is equivalent to OEM or better? I don't race my car but it is daily driven. Not looking to purchase top dollar racing pads. I plan on replacing my factory pads, or should I just stick with OEM? Help me out guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
skiernan36
stick to your guns
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i 2012 Audi Q5 2.0T

OEM are great for daily driving. they're inexpensive, they work well, and they have minimal break dust. unless you plan on going to the track a lot i'd stick with them
      07-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

^ +1 if you didn't have a problem with OEM, then stick with them.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
E90Graphite07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiernan36 View Post
OEM are great for daily driving. they're inexpensive, they work well, and they have minimal break dust. unless you plan on going to the track a lot i'd stick with them
minimal break dust? you serious? I've had mine changed twice by the dealer (under warranty)...and they dust like crazy, even after I get a car wash.

Join us on Facebook:
E90Post - Houston
Houston BMW DIY Services
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Graphite07 View Post
minimal break dust? you serious? I've had mine changed twice by the dealer (under warranty)...and they dust like crazy, even after I get a car wash.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
montegostarr
Girlie Girl
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Graphite07 View Post
I definitely concur with that! I was told that if you want supreme braking you will get heavy brake dust. I have lots of break pad left but that brake dust is just so irritating! My wife have a 08' 328i E90 and have the same issue! I would love to find a brake pad that maintains OEM braking ability but gives off less brake dust.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Originally Posted by montegostarr View Post
I definitely concur with that! I was told that if you want supreme braking you will get heavy brake dust. I have lots of break pad left but that brake dust is just so irritating! My wife have a 08' 328i E90 and have the same issue! I would love to find a brake pad that maintains OEM braking ability but gives off less brake dust.
I ran PBR "Delux" pads on my Passat..solid braking performance, lower dust than OEM for sure...unless I get "free" pads from BMW B4 my 4 years are up...I'll go with PBR again when my OEM pads are worn out.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
boostd92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport

Garage List
I ran Akebono Euro's on my E46 330i ZHP. They were perfect street pads. Didn't have as good initial bite as the stock pads, but were as close to "dust free" as any pad I've ever ran. Stopped the car just fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by montegostarr View Post
Hey, can somebody give me so me guidance for a set of F/R brake pads for my 2007 E92 335i that is equivalent to OEM or better? I don't race my car but it is daily driven. Not looking to purchase top dollar racing pads. I plan on replacing my factory pads, or should I just stick with OEM? Help me out guys.
Stoptech St. Performance (Para-aramid composites) or Hawk HPS(Ferro-carbon brake compound). This is a nice upgrade in pads for street or occasional track use. If you want minimal dust, go with AK EURO forsure.

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

If you want the best performance out of a brake pad, and you want low dust, Cool Carbon has the pads for you. They're a great set of pads that will give you 1/3 the brake dust over the OEM pad after bedding them in.

Trust me, nothing will beat these pads
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Definitely check out the StopTech Performance Brake pads. StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads are engineered to meet the demands of high performance driving situations while maintaining their ability to work in every-day driving conditions. StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads combine the benefits of premium street brake pads with aggressive friction formulas suitable for track day and autocross use. Para-Aramid composites deliver optimum stopping performance over a wide temperature range and are specially formulated to deliver linear response in both cold and hot conditions. All StopTech Brake pads are 100% positive molded and include OE style shims to eliminate noise associated with brake pad vibration. In addition each StopTech brake pad is scorched to remove any impurities in the friction material. While this does not eliminate the need to bed-in new pads it does provide improved stopping power right out of the box.

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Centric%20Parts1/streetperfpads2.jpg[/IMG]

Why Choose StopTech Brake Pads?
Combines benefits of premium street pads with aggressive
friction formulas suitable for track use
Para-Aramid composites deliver optimum stopping performance
100% positive molded
100% shimmed to eliminate noise and vibrations
100% scorched for easy bed-in
Great brake modulation
Very Affordable

Comparison
Less brake noise than Axxis Ultimate Brake Pads
Less dust than the Axxis Ultimate Brake Pads
Similar heat temperatures to Ferodo DS2500 Pads

Feel free to shoot me over a PM if you have any questions at all!

- Alan
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 04:46 AM   #12
montegostarr
Girlie Girl
United_States
Rep

Thanks guys for the input but can I get some actual experienced results about these various brake pads? I know every brake pad advertised will give their positive input. The main thing being "Meets or exceeds OEM quality". From my personal experience with my previous Mercedes and Lexus, I switched OEM brake pads for EBC greenstuff and redstuff. Both work extremely great in regards to minimal brake dust but as for actual initial bite and braking IMO they did not compare to OEM. With that being said, I'm looking to keep OEM performance but minimize brake dust. I know it sounds like "I want my cake and eat it too" but if it can be done, please lead the way! BTW the cool carbon brake pads looks promising.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #13
fisherbln
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I had good luck with Hawk Ceramics on my M3. They were practically dust free, but had less initial bite than stock.

Brake pads are all about trade offs: Dust, Noise, Torque, Longevity, Fade Resistance, etc. You can't get it all in one pad.
      07-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
ChrisB41
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

I have run Ceramic Akebono pads on almost every car I have owned. Great pads for the money and very minimal dust. I have also ran Ceramic Stop Techs too which are very good.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #15
bigdaddyf
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I GRAPHITE

Left OEM For Akebono

BMW OEM pads are notorious for heavy dusting---Went to Akebono and have no noticeable brakedust

I do not want to wash my vehicle every 3 days to prevent the rims from being damaged

Akebono Euros have been a godsend
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
schooner325ci
Registered
Rep
Drives: e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
If you want the best performance out of a brake pad, and you want low dust, Cool Carbon has the pads for you. They're a great set of pads that will give you 1/3 the brake dust over the OEM pad after bedding them in.

Trust me, nothing will beat these pads
Hi im a newbie, very interested in the cool carbons. im not allowed pm at the moment. but can you give me a price estimate for these pads for a 2003 e46 325ci. aswell as shipping to ireland.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner325ci View Post
Hi im a newbie, very interested in the cool carbons. im not allowed pm at the moment. but can you give me a price estimate for these pads for a 2003 e46 325ci. aswell as shipping to ireland.

thanks
Check out their site! Great vendor and tons of quality bmw products!
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #18
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Centric Rotors & Cool Carbon

Thinking that I will go with this set-up. I have 45k and 28% left on the rear pads and 17% on the fronts --- looks like I will just miss the free replacement.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #19
EAS
Rep
Drives: VF620 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner325ci View Post

thanks
You can send me an email to david@europeanautosource.com or go directly to our site

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
Thinking that I will go with this set-up. I have 45k and 28% left on the rear pads and 17% on the fronts --- looks like I will just miss the free replacement.
We have Cool Carbons in stock ready to ship!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

This quick review is from personal experience and fully used them for the lifetime of the product. So I've used the following of recent years: Hawk HPS, Axxis/PBR Deluxe, Axxis/PBR Ultimates, Centric Posi-Quiets And Stoptech Street Performance Pads.

Hawk HPS - not sure if they are available, they were strong performers better them OEM stopping and bite but didn't last me at all.

Axxis Deluxe - No brake dust almost, felt comparable to OEM stopping maybe about 90% once warmed up, initial bite was missing compared to OEM.

Centric Posi-Quiets - Used them on my GF's car. They were quiet, bite was good, felt very OEM like, stopping power was OEM like, with less dust (not dustless but less dust). So overally I'd say a good alternative to stock pad with a little less dust and much nicer on your wallet.

Axxis Ultimates - used on some BBK. Well stopping power was great better then OEM for sure, the bite was there. Also kept my rotors in good shape. But annoyed me like crazy, why? They were designed for high speed Braking (like Racing/Autocross) so sure they had the stopping power while being safe(organic pad) but the drawback was they squeaked at really low speeds. I am talking about when I would crawl up to a stop sign or sitting in traffic, that made me hate them. I wonder if bedding them better would have done a better job. I really wanted them to be my perfect pad.

Stoptech Street Performance Pads - They came out last year and we had some early adopter customers grab them right away and reported really glowing reviews back to us. So I had to try them, especially Stoptech was talking about how they were using their new compound great for the track yet could be kept on the car to be driven in the street right after. So after the annoying squeaks I was really ready for some new pads. Honestly I was surprised how great they were. Bite was great, way better then OEM didn't need to warm them up. High Speed Braking was I am positive on this was much stronger then OEM and on par if not better then the Ultimates. The most important thing after all that performance was that yup they were great on the street as well. I had no squealing. By far one of the best replacement pad that I've personally used. Sure we sell the product, but honestly I think this is one of Stoptech's best innovation last year.

So you can guess it, but my vote goes to the Stoptech Street Performance pads. They perform great and are a great value.

Remember to always to a good job bedding in your brakes.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

I heard that the new OEM pads (the ones that come standard on the 335) are very low dust - in fact, I thought I heard it here on the forum somewhere. Is this true? If so, perhaps a set of those would be exactly what you're looking for...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #22
deanmc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
I have the Stoptech Street Performance pads paired with Stoptech slotted rotors, and I'm not too happy with the setup. The pads squealed, even after I took them off and applied anti-squeal to them. Now the make weird noises in wet conditions, and make a loud short squeak right before full stop. I'm also having brake juddering issues, and I'm not sure if it's uneven pad deposits from improper bed-in or out-of-spec rotors. Can't seem to re-bed them either. On top of that, I think they perform worse than OEM pads and rotors AND produce just as much brake dust.