E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > going to dealer for last free service-SA suggested DME update- should i?

07-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
itsjappo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

going to dealer for last free service-SA suggested DME update- should i?

I am getting car serviced tomorrow and my SA said they had a recall and should update the DME. After reading some info on here from people who has had their DME updated, they seem to hate it and have horrible lag. I'm not sure what version's they have so please chime in if I should do this update or not. My car runs with no problems now and love the way it drives. I'm just going in there for the last free maintenance due to service light reminder. No mechanical issues at all. What you guys think? Let me know. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

if you bring it in, I think they are forced to re-program your car, under the guise of emmissions or the like. I just did the update and do not feel any degradation in performance. Then Again, I have my RevII Procede going in shortly.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
itsjappo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

so no change in driveability and performance? As long as it won't cause my car to get laggy like others been saying. So just concerned. Anyone else?
Appreciate 0