2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum European Delivery

07-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
PinkAle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW x6 2007 BMW 530xi

European Delivery

My wife and I have a 535 GT Xdrive on order and we were just wondering what is the cost to ship it back to the states, is it actually worth it to pick it up in Europe? Just curious P.S I will be p;osting picks of our vehicles soon and on a side note why do people cover up plate numbers? Thanks for your responses
Andrew
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkAle View Post
My wife and I have a 535 GT Xdrive on order and we were just wondering what is the cost to ship it back to the states, is it actually worth it to pick it up in Europe? Just curious P.S I will be p;osting picks of our vehicles soon and on a side note why do people cover up plate numbers? Thanks for your responses
Andrew
There is no cost to you for return shipping under the European Delivery program; unless you decide to drop off the car in Italy. Plus, if you use a savvy sales advisor, you can usually negotiate a price that is even lower than the posted discount for European Delivery.

There is a dedicated european delivery forum on another BMW enthusiast site that has as much information about European Delivery as you could possibly want.

-MrB
(ED 4/28/04) '04 545i Silver Gray/Beige
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

There are two ordering processes, as I understand it, one to order for dealer pickup in the USA, and another to pick up in Europe at the factory. If you ordered it for normal dealer pickup, I'm not sure you could change it to pick up in Germany. Also, there is a built-in discount for picking it up via the European delivery program that includes shipment back to the USA to your dealer, and duty taxes. The European delivery program discount amounts to about 7% off base price (double-check, as it sometimes varies). I'm considering that, but am waiting for the diesel to become an option - the 40mpg highway rating and good city figures is quite interesting.

Also note, if you order a model, you also have the option of having it delivered to the factory in South Carolina and getting a day's training at the track there. This is available both for normal dealer orders and for the European delivery program (subject to change). If you pick it up there, you get to drive a similar car on the track. They include one night at a nearby hotel as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
PinkAle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW x6 2007 BMW 530xi

Thank You Mr Belk and jadnashuanh fpr your help I guess the next one we'll take the ED I just never knew there was that kind of difference and we're looking to go to Europe soon anyways
Appreciate 0