E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Review of Procede v4 Autotuning after a week. Fun Fun Datalogs!

07-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Review of Procede v4 Autotuning after a week. Fun Fun Datalogs!

After a week of having the v4 with Autotuning 7-14 maps, I want to write another passage to describe the delight.

Upon the switch, the primary differences I noticed were the common and obvious:The all-around smoother driveability, the elimination of lag and the plush transitioning into boost. The in-dash boost gauge was great surprise as well

Now that I've had a more seat time and many more rip sessions, I excitement is even stronger. Every time the oil temps reach ~170 and the full boost/power comes on, the car simply comes alive. It's a difficult feeling to describe, but basically the car is so much faster and smoother when and where it counts...which is EVERYWHERE except a 3rd/4th gear pulls. Most people would say that both tunes compared at WOT won't feel much different...and I'd concur. However, where the PROcede really shows its strength is in the daily drives where you're not WOT in 4th gear. First gear is almost too fast- 1/2 throttle and I can easily break my 285 nittos loose..and second gear is just as impressive.

The most impressive aspect for me, however is the power under 5psi. For example, cruising at 70 on the highway. Give a quarter throttle and the car is a torque monster! I don't understand how it can make so much power without boost, but it just does.

So, onto some fun datalogs. I threw in 5 gallons of 100octane unleaded into an empty tank, and had some fun on a 'closed course'.

It is really cool to see the Autotuning working consistently and effectively. I thought the Autotuning datalogs Shiv put up were cool...but once you see it on your own car's datalogs, it is SOOO AWESOME!

I'll update soon with the Dyno Results! My JB3 dynos read 379hp/392tq. I think the peak numbers might be similar, but I really think the entire torque curve will be much healthier!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
supracg
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

nice review!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by supracg View Post
nice review!
Thanks! This has definitely been the most satisfying upgrade so far!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
twinturbopg
How you like them apples?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I need more money grrrr...I wanna upgrade! CONGRATS!