E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > ZSP Suspension Vs. Eibach Pro Kit?

07-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
SmashD
Life's a pitch and then you buy
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36

ZSP Suspension Vs. Eibach Pro Kit?

Hi all, sorry if this is a newbie question I have tried searching and came up with only threads discussing the difference in drop.

Im looking to either get an OEM ZSP suspension kit (springs, shocks, etc.) or just add Eibach Pro Kit springs to my non-ZSP stock suspension. And im wondering which would lead to better performance and ride quality. I know the pro kit will probably give me a more aggressive drop, but im looking more for performance than aesthetics.

Thanks in advance.
Land Rover Discovery
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Wlew
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

I am currently having Eibach Pro's installed on my car. also getting koni yellows installed. I will be able to tell you the difference in ride quality and performance Wednesday.

The eibach kit will definitely improve the performance aspect and reduce body roll. the sports suspension will only help a little over stock. for the money you should just go eibachs and get new springs as well. but as I said, I will be able to tell you soon. Im hoping ride quality isnt too bad.
      07-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
SmashD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlew View Post
I am currently having Eibach Pro's installed on my car. also getting koni yellows installed. I will be able to tell you the difference in ride quality and performance Wednesday.

The eibach kit will definitely improve the performance aspect and reduce body roll. the sports suspension will only help a little over stock. for the money you should just go eibachs and get new springs as well. but as I said, I will be able to tell you soon. Im hoping ride quality isnt too bad.
Thanks for the reply. Let me know how you like the Pro Kit.
Land Rover Discovery
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Wlew
Major
United_States
Rep

Picking the car up tomorrow morning... after a good little drive i will tell you.
      07-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
twinturbopg
How you like them apples?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
honestly stock compared to OEM sport suspension is better but I feel it is only slightly...I compare it every time I get a loner car...I'm personally a lil bit disappointed in the stock sport suspension that I have, I thought it would handle better and high speeds and turns. It is a bit scary at times.

I would like to hope that the Eibach kit is better...gluck bro
      07-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I cant conceive how adding prokit with non ZSP shocks is gonna make any difference performance wise, it might even hurt as you wont have enough damping for those springs as they are about the same rates as ZSP springs.

My vote, buy a slightly used full ZSP if performance is the priority over being lowered.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlew View Post

If youre getting yellows and prokit at the same time it wont be a fair report to the OP as he wont have the damping that the yellows provide.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:21 AM   #8
SmashD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
If youre getting yellows and prokit at the same time it wont be a fair report to the OP as he wont have the damping that the yellows provide.
Thank you for the replies everyone. It sounds like for improved performance my best bet would be to just save up and upgrade the shocks and the springs at the same time.

However if I decide to just get the pro kit springs for now (with my stock non-ZSP shocks), is it safe to say that the driving performance would be decreased noticeably?
Land Rover Discovery
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
nicks3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Xdrive Msport Plus

Ho would eibach springs with ZSP shocks be if you only wanted minimal stiffening but some lowering?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
deanmc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashD View Post
Hi all, sorry if this is a newbie question I have tried searching and came up with only threads discussing the difference in drop.

Im looking to either get an OEM ZSP suspension kit (springs, shocks, etc.) or just add Eibach Pro Kit springs to my non-ZSP stock suspension. And im wondering which would lead to better performance and ride quality. I know the pro kit will probably give me a more aggressive drop, but im looking more for performance than aesthetics.

Thanks in advance.
In terms of performance and better ride quality, I would choose the OEM ZSP over just the Eibach Pro Kit, especially since you're looking for performance over aesthetics.

IMO, aftermarket springs with any OEM shocks is just for looks, and the ride quality will definitely suffer. But then again, 19" wheels are just for looks too, they make the road much harsher. So it's really depends on how you want to balance looks vs. performance all within your budget.

For me, I wanted the car to look just a bit lower than my ZSP setup, I didn't want to spend a lot of money, and I was willing to sacrifice a little ride quality. I went with the Pro Kit srpings because the drop is subtle and the spring rates are the closest to the OEM ZSP spring rates. There's probably little or no improvement in performance, although the ride is stiffer and I do feel like there's less body roll.
      07-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
Wlew
Major
United_States
Rep

if you are alreayd getting eibachs...you might as well get new shocks too. your stock shocks are gonna wear out faster, and you will save money by only paying one install fee. it makes the most sense to do it all at once.

the ride quality is great and there is an EXTREME improvement in handling and performance. its almost night and day. it really is 10 times better. I am taking curves 10-20 faster than I used to. the ride quality with the yellows is amazing. its even better than ZSP was. a lot better. smoother and everything.

dont think about it, just do it. You wont regret it.