E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Noise when turning the wheel left and right when stationary???

07-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
kennejp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Noise when turning the wheel left and right when stationary???

Hey guys like the title say I have a weird/loud popping noise when turning the wheel to the left and right normally at really low speeds or stationary. I have the H&R race springs on the stock sport shocks. I have had them for 4-5 months now with no problems but this has been progressively getting louder and worse lately. Any ideas on what this could be? Also when driving I can hear a higher pitched squeaky noise every time i hit any sort of bump. This has started recently also but I don't know if it is related. It is not a clunk so I highly doubt its the shock but sounds like something squeaking coming from the pass. front fender area. Any ideas on either?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
kennejp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Comon guys someone has to know or had this problem before-I have read other threads about it but they never say how they fix it!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Wlew
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

as far as the steering wheel noise, I used to have it on my old 4runner I kept at the farm. I found when I washed it really well underneath, it went away. I know that doesnt help a lot, but thought id offer something.

As for the springs... maybe your shocks are starting to wear out or the springs were installed improperly? something in the suspension is obviously malfunctioning. Try taking it back to wherever you went, and see if they can diagnose it? Sorry Im not much help. I am going to get my car in an hour with newly installed eibachs and konis... I can ask my mechanic this question if you want?
      07-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennejp View Post
Hey guys like the title say I have a weird/loud popping noise when turning the wheel to the left and right normally at really low speeds or stationary. I have the H&R race springs on the stock sport shocks. I have had them for 4-5 months now with no problems but this has been progressively getting louder and worse lately. Any ideas on what this could be? Also when driving I can hear a higher pitched squeaky noise every time i hit any sort of bump. This has started recently also but I don't know if it is related. It is not a clunk so I highly doubt its the shock but sounds like something squeaking coming from the pass. front fender area. Any ideas on either?
do you have downpipes? if the steering rack was loosened to gain access to the dp's, and wasnt tightened good, then it will make a pop noise as it moves side to side with the steering pressure
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Are the end links the wrong size?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0