2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Picked up my 530D F10 today. USB interface question
Closed Thread

07-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
uktivo
Private
Rep
Drives: 530D - F10

Picked up my 530D F10 today. USB interface question

Hi all,
Just collected my F10 530D today.. It's fab.. I moved from the E60 m sport with AC schnitzer body kit to the quite elegant 530D se with a few options and love it.

Just one issue. This is to do with the USB interface / Snap in cradle for the iphone 3gs.

I have purchased the snap in cradle and all this seems to do is charge the phone and I've been advised it uses the outside sharks fin for tx/rx. What it doesn't seem to do is allow ipod integration. So I got free of charge for the dealer a y cable which consists of an ipod connector one side, joined to a usb connector and jack plug. These connect to the USB socket and jack socket, next to the snap in connector.

I've done the connection but when I go into the idrive, into external devices. USB interface is not highlighted.

Does anyone have experience with an iphone 3gS running ios4 with this car? are there any issues?

or does anyone have any pointers please?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
uktivo
Private
Rep
Drives: 530D - F10

MODS..
Sorry, Please close this thread as I have spotted a similar one open and reposted it there.

Sorry
Roy
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread