BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
bimmernupe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
National Capital Chapter BMWCCA Summer Tour 2010: Great Pie Run V

National Capital Chapter BMWCCA Summer Tour 2010: Great Pie Run V

As always you do not have to be a member to attend any NCC event, but membership in the BMWCCA has its privileges. The discounts alone pay for the membership. $48/year BMW CCA

Register here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....04DD7EB8780A82
I know some people hate registering for an event, but this is the way the chapter is moving. It helps us give the venues we use a pretty close number as to how many people to expect and also when to close registration once we hit capacity. Once you complete registration on the site, each subsequent time you return you only need to find your event and click it. Preference will always be given to registered attendees.

This pie run is August 7th departing 8am and will try will try something a little different. Instead of driving to the pie spot we will start the drive from there. We will begin at Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont, MD and end at Prince Michel Winery in Madison , VA. As always all persons are welcome to attend, whether a member or non-member.

Catoctin Mountain Orchard in Thurmont, MD (near Camp David). We have been here so many times do I really need to repeat myself. A few of us have been known to leave CMO w/ 12+ pies. CMO is a mom & pop operation specializing in homemade pies, either baked or frozen. They also have fresh fruits, preserves, jams, jellies, dressings and cider.

Note: I highly recommend ordering your pies ahead of time since we are a large group. The pies can be ordered freshly baked or frozen. Some people do bring a cooler with them to keep their pies from sliding around in the trunk, especially since we have a lot more fun driving to do. When you place your order, reference the "BMW group". The pies range in price from $8.95-$10.95. Check their site for the different types of pie.

IMPORTANT: The deadline for calling or emailing in orders for pies is Thursday, August 5th. Pies I like: Apple Walnut, Strawberry, Cherry Crumb, Peach, Peach Blueberry, Blueberry, Four Berry.

Next stop, Wilson Farms Meat Co., they have been a family run business for 55 years. They sell every part of the cow, lamb and pig. All meats are cut to order. This is a great opportunity to pick up some great aged meat for the summer grill. Maya, the owner, is a joy to deal with and is quick witted. Don’t take her jabs seriously, she is only joking.
Wilson's is a cash only business. No checks are accepted unless you are an established customer. It is highly recommended that you place your order in advance, especially if you want a custom cut. The store front is quite small and they will keep things moving. The meat will be packaged individually wrapped and then boxed tied with butcher’s string. You will definitely need to bring a cooler. We will pass plenty of places to pick up ice. There is also a place about a 1/2 mile away to pick up ice. The cut off date for ordering is August 6. I will send order form via email if you contact me: harlemknights02@gmail.com

Lunch is a pie run favorite, The Bavarian Chef, it has been operated continuously by the Thalwitz family since its opening in 1974. Its cuisine is distinctively German and all the food is prepared onsite using Thalwitz recipes. Its recipes are sought after, but can only be discovered with the senses. When Eckhard and Bruni Thalwitz opened the Bavarian Chef in 1974, it quickly became a local favorite, renowned for its incredible portions of authentic German food and warm hospitality.

The restaurant usually opens at 4:30 on Saturdays, but the owner is willing to open early for our group. The menu for our group will be fixed with beef, chicken, pork and fish entree options, assorted sides, dessert and drinks (non-alcoholic) for $31/person including tax and gratuity. They give you so much food that you are sure to take home a doggie bag! THE BAVARIAN CHEF RESTAURANTS

From lunch, we will head to Prince Michel Winery which is about 15 minutes from The Bavarian Chef. The tastings are complimentary at Prince Michel Winery. Prince Michel Vineyard and Winery

Rain Date: August 21st
      07-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
bimmernupe
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
Counted thus far 53 people.
Also I was speaking with another club member and he inquired as to why we go the pie place first. Some people have had issues with the fresh baked pies making it through the trip.
On all Pie Runs, I suggest that anyone doing spirited driving order the frozen pies. They taste just like the fresh baked pie, with no pie omelette.
Hope this helps.
      07-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
bimmernupe
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
We are now up to 65+ people. This will be a ridiculous tour. Again you don't have to be a BMWCCA member to join us. Registration is still open.
      08-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
bimmernupe
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
Getting close to 80 people.

A small change in time. CMO will not be ready for us until 8:30 so we will not leave until 9am.

Also Pat said they have recieved no orders for Saturday. If you have ordered you may want to call and reconfirm your order. 301.271.2737 and let them know you are with the BMW Club.

Gotta remember to get some more Bone Suckin' Sauce. That stuff is like saucy crack.