ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
nickbartleet
Registered
Rep
Drives: z4 Coupe 3.0SI

Z4 3.0SI Coupe Lowered - Rubbing Issues

Hi Guys,

I have a UK spec 3.0SI Coupe and the car has a set of 19" CSL Style VMR VB3 alloys.

The car has a factory fitted z4m front bumper.

The wheels are rubbing on the front wheel arch liners. I have already got through one set of wheel arch liners and it is becoming quite costly.

I have tried H&R lowering springs and now am on Eibach (The ones designed for the Coupe). If anything, the eibach seem worse on the front, but they are better on the back. The back look slammed on the H&R's.

Does anyone have any advice. I just rang M Style who I bought the wheels off and they have no good advice.

You can see the rubbing in one of these pics.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
strokeZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 M3 6MT

Hey there, I had the same problem with my Z4. I ended up installing some Koni adjustable sport struts and shocks. I also installed Dinan springs (front and RR) w camber plates as well. All in all I have no more tire rub. I am running the staggared 18" set up. The only other advice I could give you is to pick up some good coil overs. From what I can tell (and I will tell you I am not an expert), the larger wheels are a bit too much (heavier) for the stock shocks/struts to handle.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I rubbed in the same exact spot and it was due to the aggressive offset and too tall of a tire. When I was running vmr v710s, the vendor suggested a 235/40 over the oe recommended 225/40-18. What's your offset and what size tires are you running?