BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Bizall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0

Is meth readily available in Germany?

I'm thinking of getting meth soon, but on the fence because I will be moving to Germany(Ramstein) next January. Those that are there, do you know if they have "speed shops" or whatever that sell it and if so how much? Thanks in advance and looking forward to heading that way.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
Ghostbear
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135is 09

http://www.snowperformance.de/boost-...nol/index.html

a german tuning shop also selling methanol. Sorry didn't see that they only sell to their customers.

Last edited by Ghostbear; 05-12-2010 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
You need to get in contact with KCSkyrider. He's AF and stationed in Ramstein and is running meth in his 135i. I know that the shop he goes to is called SP Performance and is close to the base. They do very great work by what I have heard. Another place (but I don't know if they sell meth) is Schaefer Clubsport. http://www.mini-clubsport.com/ This is the only guy I bring my car to when it comes to performance oriented or any kind of stuff I need done. He does work on alot of track cars and on street cars (not only mini's).

Best of luck coming over and make sure you have a set of winter specific tires because it gets very cold in this area and this last winter season was the worst in this area.
      05-13-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

For daily driving I use the Windshield washer fluid. They have it here for less than $1.80 a Gallon. It's 30% ethyl 70% distilled water. Of course make sure it's blue in color and rated at -20F. For racing I get Eythl rubbing alcohol. It's 70%eythl 30%distilled water and is about $1.10 a pint. Marcel Schulz owner of Schulz Performance (SP) Is getting a snow performance kit and will be able to buy from Snow performance.de The price was supposed to be VERY cheap and knowing him he will definatly buy in bulk and resale for cheap.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 05:02 AM   #5
Bizall
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_skyrider View Post
For daily driving I use the Windshield washer fluid. They have it here for less than $1.80 a Gallon. It's 30% ethyl 70% distilled water. Of course make sure it's blue in color and rated at -20F. For racing I get Eythl rubbing alcohol. It's 70%eythl 30%distilled water and is about $1.10 a pint. Marcel Schulz owner of Schulz Performance (SP) Is getting a snow performance kit and will be able to buy from Snow performance.de The price was supposed to be VERY cheap and knowing him he will definatly buy in bulk and resale for cheap.

Sweet. Sounds good. What map do you run with the washer fluid? Custom map from Terry? Yep...sounds like I'll be pulling the trigger then. Thanks for all the advice. Also, dumb question, but on base gas stations, they have normal US octane gas? If so, what octanes? What about off base? Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #6
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall View Post
Also, dumb question, but on base gas stations, they have normal US octane gas? If so, what octanes? What about off base? Thanks again.
The gas stations on base use the same gas as Esso off base does. I think its 95 or 98. For some reason (and I can't put my finger on it ) the gas on base to me feels crappier than the one off base. All I dump in the car is Super Plus. I wish we could have the option to get the gas we wanted without any BS from AAFES. Back in the coupon days you could go on the autobahn and fill up with them......as long as you were on the autobahn
      05-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

Here you will have fuel rations through aafes and esso. Esso's best gas is euro 98octane which is the equivilant to american 93octane. For daily driving I run mapv5-7 depending on if I'm injecting meth or not. You won't get knock without the car instantly pulling timing. But I've never seen a misfire with this combo. I even drove around for a little bit on map 8 and it seemed fine but Terry said I wouldn't get the full gain from this unless I was using the 70/30 meth water combo. How long till you get out here? Our carbon fiber vented hood with the "powerdome" might be ready to go to market by then
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Our carbon fiber vented hood with the "powerdome" might be ready to go to market by then
Pics when it's ready KC. I might pull the trigger on that one since I liked what I saw on yours.
      05-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
Bizall
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here you will have fuel rations through aafes and esso. Esso's best gas is euro 98octane which is the equivilant to american 93octane. For daily driving I run mapv5-7 depending on if I'm injecting meth or not. You won't get knock without the car instantly pulling timing. But I've never seen a misfire with this combo. I even drove around for a little bit on map 8 and it seemed fine but Terry said I wouldn't get the full gain from this unless I was using the 70/30 meth water combo. How long till you get out here? Our carbon fiber vented hood with the "powerdome" might be ready to go to market by then
Cool..thanks for the info. I don't head out that way until the first week of February next year. I'm headed over to do postal courier.
Appreciate 0