2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum No 5 series touring (F11) for US

04-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
No 5 series touring (F11) for US

I searched, but I am surprised I haven't seen this posted yet.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/official...on-in-u-s.html

Official: BMW will not sell next-gen 5-Series wagon in U.S.

BMW pulled the sheet off its all-new 5-Series wagon early last month, but kept quite on the cargo-haulers United States plans. However, the German automaker has officially made a decision on the subject, with the U.S. market set to be left out in the cold.

As United States buyers tend to shy away from traditional wagon offerings, it was widely believed that BMW would forgo the U.S. market for the next-generation of the 5-Series wagon. Those reports have now been confirmed, with BMW officially deciding not to import the new 5-Series wagon to the U.S.

Filling the place of the 5-Series wagon in the United States will be BMW’s new 5-Series GT. Designed with American tastes in mind, the 5-Series GT offers the versatility of a hatchback while still offering the body lines of a sedan.

However, those U.S. buyers wanting a traditional wagon with a BMW badge will not completely be left behind – BMW will continue to offer a wagon variant of the 3-Series. But don’t expect a huge spike in 3-Series wagon sales going forward as BMW sold fewer than 1,000 examples of the 5-Series wagon in the U.S. last year.