E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Courier Pickup in U.S.

04-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
cfabluenose
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i

Courier Pickup in U.S.

Can anyone explain how to arrange for a pickup of auto parts from an American location by a courier to be shipped to a Canadian address? It doesn't seem clear that this can be arranged from Canada. Thanks for your help.

2009 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
I believe you need to make an account. I did it through UPS and then scheduled a pickup in the US and had it shipped to me in Canada.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
cfabluenose
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh View Post
I believe you need to make an account. I did it through UPS and then scheduled a pickup in the US and had it shipped to me in Canada.
I'll check UPS. I checked with FedEx earlier and was told that I could not do this for ground shipment. Since I would like to ship some wheels, shipping by air would be too expensive.

2009 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
zuluZero
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 330i sport BSM

I haven't done it yet myself - but I've heard it can be done with USPS, at least for some vendors / package sizes.
      04-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfabluenose View Post
Can anyone explain how to arrange for a pickup of auto parts from an American location by a courier to be shipped to a Canadian address? It doesn't seem clear that this can be arranged from Canada. Thanks for your help.
Ive done this before.

There is a UPS outlet near the queenston/lewiston bridge..not to far from the miltitary trail outlet mall...all you do is tell the seller to send to a location that does "HOLD FOR PICKUP"

Call the location and make sure they do that. YOu do not NEED an account. ive done this many times at the Niagara Falls,NY UPS location.

Keep in mind hold for pickup only lasts for 3 business days before they return back to the sender.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavFan_08 View Post
Ive done this before.

There is a UPS outlet near the queenston/lewiston bridge..not to far from the miltitary trail outlet mall...all you do is tell the seller to send to a location that does "HOLD FOR PICKUP"

Call the location and make sure they do that. YOu do not NEED an account. ive done this many times at the Niagara Falls,NY UPS location.

Keep in mind hold for pickup only lasts for 3 business days before they return back to the sender.
I think you're misunderstanding. He doesn't want to personally pick the shipment up as I think he's in Nova Scotia. He wants the courier to pick it up and deliver it to him. See some places aren't allowed to ship to Canada so they can't make the arrangements. But if you set it all up yourself it's ok. It's kind of like a loophole. I had to do it a few months ago with a prominent BMW parts seller that no longer ships to Canada.

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
cfabluenose
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding. He doesn't want to personally pick the shipment up as I think he's in Nova Scotia. He wants the courier to pick it up and deliver it to him. See some places aren't allowed to ship to Canada so they can't make the arrangements. But if you set it all up yourself it's ok. It's kind of like a loophole. I had to do it a few months ago with a prominent BMW parts seller that no longer ships to Canada.
That's exactly the situation. The border is a long distance from me (about a 6 hour drive). So I need to have the order shipped directly to my address.

2009 328i
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:
Ah ok. MY BAD.

As a previous poster said, you just setup an account with the courier and arrange for the courier to pick up the shipment. Hopefully the original seller will be nice enough to help setup the waybill or you can set it up yourself, and email the PDF file to the original seller and tell him to paste it on the package....
Appreciate 0