E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > bad experience...

11-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #1
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i AW

bad experience...

As some of you may know I've been waiting for my car to arrive which was supposed to be here at the end of october. It hasn't been shipped cause of the port strike however i'm very disappointed in the service that i'm getting from my dealer. The news that I get from them is whenever I call them on what's happening, for example I found out about the strike on the forum and then I call the dealer which is when they tell me that my car is stuck in Halifax. I would at least expect them to call me to say that my car would be delayed in the shipment. During the strike I called and my CA's assistant checked up on my car because i wanted to know if the car would be shipped through another route and the assistant said that the car was shipped to Edmonton which was awesome. Now with the strike ending 2 weeks ago, my dealer calls me today after my dad called to check up on the update of the car because it should've been here from edmonton which approx. take a max of 1 week(called parkshore dealership to doublecheck) and thats when I found out that my car was NEVER in edmonton and its been in halifax ALL ALONG!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Receiving updates on the car ONLY when I call and getting information that even isn't correct? This is probably the worst experience and I'm very very disappointed.
:mad: :mad:
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
wnston1127
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

i feel you man, same thing happened to me cause of the strike. thnkgod for this forum or i would've never have known what the problem was as to why my car is so far a month and a half late.
you should give your dealer another call. i called mine and theyve assured me that i can go in on wednsday next week to pick it up. but ofcourse they assured me i could go in to pick it up first week of october...
nevertheless the poor sevice of never calling to tell me, nor explaining why my car was delayed. they def wont be getting any thankyous from me when i go to pick up my car. nor will i ever be going back
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
VanSky
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

that's sux man... my car was stuck in Halifax too but now it just arrived to the dealer this morning. I was told that my car was gonna ship to Edmonton too but then it had been re-routed to Van after the strike was over.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
Backattack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (Dec 13th)

Garage List
2000 M5  [0.00]
it will be here when it gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc19
As some of you may know I've been waiting for my car to arrive which was supposed to be here at the end of october. It hasn't been shipped cause of the port strike however i'm very disappointed in the service that i'm getting from my dealer. The news that I get from them is whenever I call them on what's happening, for example I found out about the strike on the forum and then I call the dealer which is when they tell me that my car is stuck in Halifax. I would at least expect them to call me to say that my car would be delayed in the shipment. During the strike I called and my CA's assistant checked up on my car because i wanted to know if the car would be shipped through another route and the assistant said that the car was shipped to Edmonton which was awesome. Now with the strike ending 2 weeks ago, my dealer calls me today after my dad called to check up on the update of the car because it should've been here from edmonton which approx. take a max of 1 week(called parkshore dealership to doublecheck) and thats when I found out that my car was NEVER in edmonton and its been in halifax ALL ALONG!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Receiving updates on the car ONLY when I call and getting information that even isn't correct? This is probably the worst experience and I'm very very disappointed.
:mad: :mad:
There are some things you can change and there are things you have no power over. Try to relax and spend your time thinking about other things... I know it's hard but the day it gets here will arrive faster if you're not obsessing about it. You know the saying, boiling water takes longer if you watch it.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
goober
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

wc19, the wait shouldn't be much longer. Chances are you car is already local... and possibly awaiting transport to the dealer.

A little more patience, it's almost over.

BTW, I'll be getting mine early next week. I'll be so relieved when I get the call to pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #6
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo
May I ask how much experience you have purchasing a car? Patience, it'll be all good once it arrives.
sorry it was kinda late so i forgot to say that it was my first time purchasing a car i'm a nooob.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

but yeah just wanted to rant for that day cause it was so fustrating but now the car is at the port and gotta wait for a week or 2 till I get the car...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
canuck335i
Private with no class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

you are one very fortunate young person to be able to afford a new BMW for your first car, you should not be frustrated but happy!

my .02
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 02:54 AM   #9
charlie335
Shiodome Redeveloper
Canada
Rep
Drives: lawllercoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc19
but yeah just wanted to rant for that day cause it was so fustrating but now the car is at the port and gotta wait for a week or 2 till I get the car...

join the bandwagon! im powered by daddy too =)

mine is arriving in the end of december. let's go have a vancouver e92 meet or something haha
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck335i
you are one very fortunate young person to be able to afford a new BMW for your first car, you should not be frustrated but happy!

my .02
for sure i'm totally happy about getting the car it was just that I was expecting it to actually come on time but its all good it'll be here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie335
join the bandwagon! im powered by daddy too =)

mine is arriving in the end of december. let's go have a vancouver e92 meet or something haha
nice nice yeah i'm paying for half of payment and i'll be slowly be paying him back ... yeah i think they were planning to have a meet in december? not too sure
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

thanks for the advice guys, i've been pretty busy lately with midterms and work so its put my attention off to everything else and hopefully the car should be here soon, it was at the annacis port on the 15th and they dealer said it'll take approx 1 or 2 weeks for the car to get to the dealership...anyone get theirs yet??
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #12
wnston1127
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

lol even though im a 328 and not a 335 like you big players, a e92 meet in vancouver is a awesome idea. I'd definitely be down for that.
btw, i got my 328, and there were a whole bunch of 335's and other 328's being/done prepping at brain jessel. call your dealer and see if your cars here yet!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
charlie335
Shiodome Redeveloper
Canada
Rep
Drives: lawllercoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnston1127
lol even though im a 328 and not a 335 like you big players, a e92 meet in vancouver is a awesome idea. I'd definitely be down for that.
btw, i got my 328, and there were a whole bunch of 335's and other 328's being/done prepping at brain jessel. call your dealer and see if your cars here yet!

yahhh! a e92 meet would be so awesome. where do all u guys live? im in richmond. i called my dealer yesterday and he said that the car just started production and he doesn't have the actual delivery date... ahh i really hope it comes before christmas >___________________<
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #14
wc19
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnston1127
wow congrats wheres the pictures?!?! I ordered my car from autowest, btw did you ask for anything extra when you got your car? Most likely i'll call my dealer tomorrow and see if its at the dealership yet or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie335
yahhh! a e92 meet would be so awesome. where do all u guys live? im in richmond. i called my dealer yesterday and he said that the car just started production and he doesn't have the actual delivery date... ahh i really hope it comes before christmas >___________________<
yeah we could have like a christmas meet. I live in vancouver.
Appreciate 0