E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > New generation iDrive question

03-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

New generation iDrive question

I've been meaning to ask this for a while but it kept slipping my mind... On the new generation of iDrive, when you enter an address that is located on a state route (i.e. Route 9), it won't let you enter a House #. No matter which state route it is, it just doesn't let you.

For a work around, I google the address and look for the closest intersection and enter that into iDrive, but sometimes even that is not available.

Is everyone pretty much in the same boat? Is this a known error?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
e90TiAg335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 e90 335i

Garage List
2010 e90 335i  [7.00]
I had the same problem with mine trying to get to a local address. It wasn't a "Route" road but I don't remember what it was exactly. Anyway, I think I ended up changing zip codes and got it to work.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
Thunder Dump
That tickles
Rep
Drives: '09 328i E93 SGM/CR

Very few state roads only have a route number. It may be commonly known as "Route 9" and that's what the signage says but if you look at a map, 95% of the time it will have an actual name (or more than one, as it goes through a city). Using the correct name will allow you to enter a house number, whereas using a route number will just take you to the midpoint of the route.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Dmitriy@AUTOcouture
Major
Rep
Drives: carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
Very few state roads only have a route number. It may be commonly known as "Route 9" and that's what the signage says but if you look at a map, 95% of the time it will have an actual name (or more than one, as it goes through a city). Using the correct name will allow you to enter a house number, whereas using a route number will just take you to the midpoint of the route.
On the original version of iDrive (as well as many other navigation systems), you could enter the route # (such as "RT-9") and the house number without a problem.

That is retarded programming if you have to look at a map, in order to use a navigation system.
Appreciate 0