BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

X3 is Amazing in the Snow

I bought my wife a CPO 2007 X3 a few months ago. It came with the Bridgestone Turanza EL42 standard all season tires which will be important to note in a moment.

We went up to Snowshoe, WV to ski a week ago and drove up in a freaking full-fledge blizzard. Going up the unplowed mountain roads the car never once lost traction! There was probably 6+ inches of snow in places and the only time we had to stop along the way was for white-out conditions with the 60mph wind gusts. I was utterly amazed how well the xDrive worked and all this on all season tires that many think suck according to reviews that are out there.

I feel like doing a commerical for BMW. It was the first time I REALLY had to depend on a car to get me to shelter. Stopping for the night was not an option if any of you have ever been to Snowshoe. There is nothing along the way. I was needless to say; very very impressed. I will always have a BMW with xDrive in my stable going forward even though I rarely need to drive in snow.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

Nice post! We also have an xDrive BMW in the family, a 2010 BMW X5 xDrive 3.0i. That SAV is amazing on how it handles and how stable it feels going at 80+ mph. When going out with the family we use the X5 but on my daily commute to Work, School, and the gym I love having my 335i Coupe as my main car :-)
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0