03-04-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Joint Meet....

And no Flapps, its not a drugs meet

I have been floating around on another forum call M3Cutters which is a UK forum. I am trying to arrange a meet for both us guys on here and them on there. They seem like a great bunch of guys/gals...
Ok guys... a meet has been set by one of the guys from M3Cutters..
9th April at around 8pm @ Leake Street, Waterloo.

Thanks
Taz
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR

Last edited by Donbona; 03-16-2010 at 02:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Flapps
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 Vert, Silverstone II DCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
And no Flapps, its not a drugs meet

I have been floating around on another forum call M3Cutters which is a UK forum. I am trying to arrange a meet for both us guys on here and them on there. They seem like a great bunch of guys/gals...
So all we need to do is arrange a time and place that suits everyone.
Please can you guys help with the details.

Thanks
Taz
I didn't say a word!!!!! The mere suggestion, I'm emotionally scared and morally outraged

That sound's a great idea, can replace the spring meet I was trying to arrange, just waiting for the weather to improve. Count me in. Just hope it doesn't pass my bed time if its in the evening! No doubt you'll be incorporating your TGIF stops as well????.....

Flapps

Last edited by Flapps; 03-04-2010 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Im so glad you got offended!!

Yeah... possibly.... it all depends on wether we want to do it during the day or evening??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapps View Post
I didn't say a word!!!!! The mere suggestion, I'm emotionally scared and morally outraged

That sound's a great idea, can replace the spring meet I was trying to arrange, just waiting for the weather to improve. Count me in. Just hope it doesn't pass my bed time if its in the evening! No doubt you'll incorporating your TGIF stops as well????.....

Flapps
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
ryandoc
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Edition

Donbona,

I'be had this little niggly thought for a while now regarding a UK wide M3 meet. Ok sounds over the top perhaps but a well advertised meet, arrange something and some partnerships with locations / tracks etc to use their grounds etc. Get BMW involved slightly, make a weekend of it. M3's only of all guises. Who knows could even set some sort of record.

I'm serious, choose a middle location organise starting point drive then end point at agreed large location, get some mags to cover it hell coudl even get temporary stickers made up for the side of all participants cars.

Sell it across the forums as THE national M3 meet.

I say do it !! I'd happily help
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

I can get a mag there to do a feature, already have one lined up for something I was going to arrange.

Agree somewhere in the middle would be good
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Flapps
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandoc View Post
Donbona,

I'be had this little niggly thought for a while now regarding a UK wide M3 meet. Ok sounds over the top perhaps but a well advertised meet, arrange something and some partnerships with locations / tracks etc to use their grounds etc. Get BMW involved slightly, make a weekend of it. M3's only of all guises. Who knows could even set some sort of record.

I'm serious, choose a middle location organise starting point drive then end point at agreed large location, get some mags to cover it hell coudl even get temporary stickers made up for the side of all participants cars.

+1

Flapps

Last edited by Flapps; 03-04-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
ryandoc
United Kingdom
Rep

If there's some interest Id certainly help in organising this no matter how long it took.

I would even be prepared to put some wonga in to set-up a simple website or something to advertise it. Then a common worded email to be put out to the various forums.

Could even come up with an event name, simple logo and as mentioned temporary stickers for the side of cars, ask participants to purchase for a small cost.

Sounds over the top of a simple thread posted just tonight but why the hell not !! Be cool to be part of something like that.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #8
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Sounds very interesting... maybe talking to Anneka at Sytner might help.
I will mention it to her.

Quote:
Donbona,

2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
ryandoc
United Kingdom
Rep

Donbona ,

If you're serious and need a hand PM me serioulsy. I'm guessing make a plan of action. Something like

Decide possible start and end venue's
Contact venues for 'initial' approval
Decide on weekend to run event.

Once thats done its a case of deciding how far you want to go, simple website with paypal details for purchasing 'entry packs' etc (I have a modern printers about 1 mile from me!), common worded post to put up on the various forums. Name event and logo and so on and so on.

Let me know how you progress
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #10
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok.. im going to have to try to fit this in between work times.. as I run 2 companies. When were you thinking of doing this for?? Maybe around June?

Quote:
Donbona ,

If you're serious and need a hand PM me serioulsy. I'm guessing make a plan of action. Something like

Decide possible start and end venue's
Contact venues for 'initial' approval
Decide on weekend to run event.

Once thats done its a case of deciding how far you want to go, simple website with paypal details for purchasing 'entry packs' etc (I have a modern printers about 1 mile from me!), common worded post to put up on the various forums. Name event and logo and so on and so on.

Let me know how you progress
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 04:42 AM   #11
ryandoc
United Kingdom
Rep

Might take a while longer then June to organise.

What I'll do is draft a note that can be placed onto the forums, I'll PM you see what you think and what dates suit. then we can take it from there. get it posted see what initial response we get!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 04:48 AM   #12
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Might take a while longer then June to organise.

What I'll do is draft a note that can be placed onto the forums, I'll PM you see what you think and what dates suit. then we can take it from there. get it posted see what initial response we get!
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #13
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

You have my attention, I've been working on a meet proposal myself to take place in May.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #14
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
You have my attention, I've been working on a meet proposal myself to take place in May.
Cool.... where are you thinking about doing it?

Also still waiting for you to call so we can arrange the item I want to buy.
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Cool.... where are you thinking about doing it?

Also still waiting for you to call so we can arrange the item I want to buy.
This will probably sound very mysterious... "you will receive a call from a service advisor named Cosmic"

Regarding the meet, I initially had a lot of the same ideas as yourselves, perhaps a convoy from one dealer to another, or a track day? However track days can be really costly and I'm not sure if people will be interested with trips to Germany coming up? In regards to the convoy there could be issues with safety for us should any of the participants drive dangerously. So those ideas have for the time being been ruled out.
In view of this, the plan for the moment is to bring in vendors and exclusive/interesting items and hold a social at one of our dealerships (probably Harold Wood). I was planning a few special secret things for the day too to make it all a little more exciting!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #16
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This will probably sound very mysterious... "you will receive a call from a service advisor named Cosmic"

Regarding the meet, I initially had a lot of the same ideas as yourselves, perhaps a convoy from one dealer to another, or a track day? However track days can be really costly and I'm not sure if people will be interested with trips to Germany coming up? In regards to the convoy there could be issues with safety for us should any of the participants drive dangerously. So those ideas have for the time being been ruled out.
In view of this, the plan for the moment is to bring in vendors and exclusive/interesting items and hold a social at one of our dealerships (probably Harold Wood). I was planning a few special secret things for the day too to make it all a little more exciting!
And when will this Cosmic person call ??

I will think about the meet and work something out.
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:

Sounds good
      03-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #18
Flapps
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I only hope TGIF's can supply a trailer kitchen to satisfy Donbona's stomach...

Flapps

Quote:

03-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #19
chrisburns
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 CP Individual Mexico blue

Great ideas guys, dont forget to include us lot over here
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
cienzod
Rookie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 E83 // Mini Cooper S vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapps View Post
I only hope TGIF's can supply a trailer kitchen to satisfy Donbona's stomach...

Flapps
Oh you can still satisfy that yearning, quick blast from Junc 28 to 30 on the M25 for Lakeside/Bluewater or Basildon on the A127 for the nearest TGIFs to Harold Wood...

BTW...Count me in for this, been looking for an excuse to take run south and visit the old stomping ground.

Last edited by cienzod; 03-06-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 02:27 AM   #21
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisburns View Post
Great ideas guys, dont forget to include us lot over here
Dont worry Chris... you guys are more than welcome. The more the merrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienzod View Post
Oh you can still satisfy that yearning, quick blast from Junc 28 to 30 on the M25 for Lakeside/Bluewater or Basildon on the A127 for the nearest TGIFs to Harold Wood...

BTW...Count me in for this, been looking for an excuse to take run south and visit the old stomping ground.
Cool... maybe we should do the meet at Bluewater??
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 04:44 AM   #22
bape
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 DCT

This is sounds great. I am up for this also weather is looking goood these days, hope it stays out from now on
Appreciate 0