Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Ftm/tpms Problem

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
cjcura
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Garage List
Ftm/tpms Problem

Hi everyone i have a 2006 330i with an i drive (module update due to service) i installed new set of Aluflegen sf-71 yesterday. While driving to work my i drive screen popped up and said "Flat tire", when i got to work i tried resetting the tpms but the reset option on the idrive wont even let me reset the system. Now i have that annoying error message. I took my car to my local dealer and stated that u cannot rest the system and you have to drive it like that due to you have an 06 model. Any suggestion i would greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
brokemywallet
Slaveaholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I

car running in gear or park? try that first......but, since yours is an 06, it has ftm, so you should be able to reset it......
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
cjcura
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Garage List
i try doing it on park..the option on my idrive wont even let me pick the reset option..BMW dealership also upgraded my i drive module to a newer module (07+) due to my idrive went crazy last year and nothing was working and replace the unit. the weird thing also the screen reads "tpm" not "ftm"..went to the dealer and said..there is noting u can do..u have to drive it like that since u have an 06 model..i was like "bs"..i was hoping maybe someone had experience the same problem..i read unpluging the battery im not sure if that would help?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
migue90
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

i dont have i-drive but im having the same problem with the same wheels - all the pressures are correct across all tires but everytime i go to reset it just comes back up