Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Really Confused...Please help

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-19-2005, 02:37 AM   #1
nick0
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Really Confused...Please help

Hey guys,

About a month ago, I got my metallic black 325i e90 w/o SP--something I regret because of the added handling and beauty. Regardless, I figure I might as well amend some of my regrets, and lower the car and add new rims. But, being the newbie I am to this extremity of cars (I'm learning), this whole lowering + wheels is pretty much overload to me

The setup I'm hoping to imitate would be the black e90 in this picture:

I found the same rims here

600 dollars for an entire set seems like a pretty good deal to me!

But, my excitement was soon dampened after finding that I need springs + (according to my friend) adapters to fit that wheel to my car + tires!

So can anyone help out and give me some kind of walkthrough or explanation that can help me achieve this look? I'd really really appreciate this, thanks.

(Can someone also give me some kind of approximation as to how much the entire spiel would amount to?)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2005, 02:42 AM   #2
nick0
Rep

oops...I posted this in the wrong forum--sorry. Can someone move this?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2005, 06:50 AM   #3
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

nick0, that's RichP's car you're looking at. Here's some more photos of it

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2977

Those are 18" E46 M3 (Style 67) wheels, on OEM sports suspension, with 10mm spacers in front and 5mm in rear. You might be able to pick up genuine used wheels from an E46 M3 owner for pretty cheap.

I'm not sure why your friend said you need springs and "adapters" (spacers?) to fit that wheel to your car. These wheels will fit on your E90 without springs or spacers. Lowering the car and putting spacers to push the wheels out more to be flush with the fenders will make it look better, but isn't a prerequisite to being able to fit these wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
xactly what jwocky said.. and also the wheels that you linked are not the same as on RichPs car.. the ones you have there on that link are like this one : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2835

both styles come on M3s but they are a bit differnt in design and finish
      08-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
nick0
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwocky
nick0, that's RichP's car you're looking at. Here's some more photos of it

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2977

Those are 18" E46 M3 (Style 67) wheels, on OEM sports suspension, with 10mm spacers in front and 5mm in rear. You might be able to pick up genuine used wheels from an E46 M3 owner for pretty cheap.

I'm not sure why your friend said you need springs and "adapters" (spacers?) to fit that wheel to your car. These wheels will fit on your E90 without springs or spacers. Lowering the car and putting spacers to push the wheels out more to be flush with the fenders will make it look better, but isn't a prerequisite to being able to fit these wheels.
Oh! That's great to know--but I think I'd like add H&R springs for the added handling + looks. So from what I've researched, they run about 300 dollars? Shocks would be necessary as well, right?

Also, are there tires that any of you would recommend? (Preferably just "performance" tires--not ultra performance)

Thanks again guys, you're helping a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2005, 06:39 PM   #6
nick0
Rep

I think I should also add that I would like the wheels to fill in the gap very nicely, so is 1.3" too extreme? Or does it fit just right?
Appreciate 0