Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Are these Miro same as VMR ?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
Norb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Question Are these Miro same as VMR ?

Hey guys,

Are these Miro wheels on ebay same as VMR wheels 10" in rear called Ultra staggered?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-BM...item2c52c7f31c

VMR are out of stock with 10" so I just came across this ebay ad and wonder if they are the same?

Thanks

Regards // Norb
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Hi Norb,

Miro does offer a CSL style wheel but it is not as concave as the VMRs and has a slightly different spoke design and finish.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

not the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Micro and VMR have similar looking wheels that both look like the csl rims. But they are not the same .
      02-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #5
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norb View Post
Hey guys,

Are these Miro wheels on ebay same as VMR wheels 10" in rear called Ultra staggered?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-BM...item2c52c7f31c

VMR are out of stock with 10" so I just came across this ebay ad and wonder if they are the same?

Thanks

Regards // Norb
Norb,

I can help with your questions:

Things to note:

1. VMR wheels have a longer spoke length than the Miros, which fork later to the outer ring. A longer spoke length gives a slimmer look.
2. Outer ring thickness is noticeably wider onthe VMRs compared to Miro.
3. The VMRs are not as deep lipped as the Miros, giving a truer look to the CSL design.
4. Spoke Angle (or "concavity" as others are calling it) is much more pronounced on the VMRs than the Miros, especially on M3 fitments.
5. VMR wheels are offered in 4 finishes (Silver, HyperBlack, Gunmetal and Matte Black). Miros are only offered in Silver.
6. VMR wheels are manufactured in a true 72.6mm centerbore, not requiring the use of hubcentric rings. Miros feature a larger bore and require a a ring (included) installed before mounting.
7. Miro "Tuning Fork" ends are spaced wider on Miros towards the ring portion than the VMR wheels, which are closer together.
8. Lug holes are spaced farther apart on VMRs from centerline. Miros intercept with trim ring on face of wheel.
9. Reputation: The VMRs have been on the market for quite some time now with a well-established reputation with those running the wheels.

The biggest factors are the spoke angle, thickness and lip depth. As for weights, here's a 19" VMR wheel on the scale:

Comparison is meant for informative purposes only, others can decide upon what direction they would like to go from here.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:17 AM   #6
JayReplay
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 6MT Sunroof Delete

What other brand CSL are out there? I tend to see a lot of vendors selling on ebay and craigslist. All I know of are VMR, Miro, and Alufelgen.

2002 Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 6MT
2017 White C63 AMG Coupe
2002 Oxford Green E46 M3 6MT - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
ackrepps
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

What are the respective weights of the wheels?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3Yer View Post
What other brand CSL are out there? I tend to see a lot of vendors selling on ebay and craigslist. All I know of are VMR, Miro, and Alufelgen.
VMR, Miro and Alufelgen are the only CSL rep manufacturers that I know of. The comparison above shows the difference between the VMR and the Miro. Here is a comparison between the Alufelgen and the VMR.

The advantages of the Alufelgen CSL are:

1. The Alufelgen concavity reflects a nearly identical face as the OEM CSL.
2. The Alufelgen concavity measures at 6 cm from the center vs VMR at 5.5 cm.
3. The Alufelgen spoke profile is thicker and resembles the actual OEM CSL design.
4. As you see in the first picture, the Alufelgen CSL finish is rich Metallic Silver, as opposed to Hypersilver on the VMR, which is a closer match to the OEM finish.
5. The Alufelgen are powdercoated which is a more durable finish.
6. The Alufelgen wheel weights only 26.2lbs which is nearly half a pound ligther than the VMR.
7. The Alufelgen CSL are manufactured using Low-pressure casting which provides a wheel with significantly better properties than VMR's gravity cast method. Low-pressure casting means a stronger and more durable wheel.
8. The Alufelgen CSL front offsets are 19x8.5 ET35 vs VMR's 19x8.5 ET40 for a flush front fitment.

The biggest advantage of the Alufelgen are quality, reliability, strength, weight and fitment.

Based on tom @ eas post of VMR vs Miro and our Alufelgen vs VMR post you have a better perspective of what each brand offers and are able to make a better decision whatever your choice might be.
Appreciate 0