E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Synapse BOV question

01-29-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
AWe92cal
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW e92 335i

Synapse BOV question

So I installed the charge pipe twice because the first time I installed it, the connection from the I/C to the C/P wasn't on right. I noticed the BOV was very very quiet. I took it out for a test drive and wound up getting a "Engine Malfunction" light.

I reinstalled making sure everything was sitting properly and started her up. This time it sounded a lot better and there was no CEL. I noticed that the rubber coupler sent by Synapse for the I/C pipe to the C/P was a little big on the charge pipe side; have you guys ever noticed a problem like that?

Also, when I'm driving say from a stop (1st gear) accelerating slowly; I start to reach about 3k RPM; but I hear the bov venting; while my foot is still on the pedal. And when I release my foot; the BOV doesn't vent, but when I do WOT runs 2-3-4 gears; it vents just fine.. any input? I think I have a leak somewhere; and I don't know where its coming from.

Thanks again!

Calvin

COBB AP | AFE DCI | VRSF DP | AE Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

The venting part is normal the synapse by design stays open with light driving. Which version of the synapse kit do you have 1 or 2. Their first version was a peice of crap if you ask me as far as the piping and the couplers and clamps. But their version 2 is alot better.
      01-29-2010, 01:56 AM   #3
AWe92cal
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW e92 335i

So the venting is normal? Alright good! I was getting worried for a sec. its the 2nd version with the updated C/P and BOV without port C.. i was disappointed that the coupler they sent me was too big for the C/P i had to tighten the clamps all the way just so it could fit snug; even after that there was one little ripple. but i didn't feel any leak there

COBB AP | AFE DCI | VRSF DP | AE Exhaust
Appreciate 0