BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
It's official - Oregon Chapter BMW CCA

The national org has now approved the Oregon Chapter of CCA.

1/25 email:
"Hello CCA Oregon Supporters,

Steve Johnson just e-mailed the news that we have anticipated for a long time: “Congrats. You are official, the newest chapter in the CCA.” The petition of establish an Oregon Chapter of the BMW CCA has been approved! This is a historic day for BMW enthusiasts in Oregon.

Many of you have enthusiastically supported the establishment of this chapter, have worked very hard and spent much of your personal time, overcoming obstacles, and setting up the foundation for meeting the requirements of a new CCA chapter. Thanks to all of you! Also, the chapter is very lucky to have a slate of very dedicated pro-tem board members and chairpersons:

Eric Wishan, Vice President
Anh Le, Secretary
Trayson Harmon, Treasurer
Bruce Feller, Member-at-Large
Doug Goodrum, Member-at-Large
Chris Trappe, Communications Chairperson
Trina Kubeck, Activities Chairperson
Anthony Werre, SIG Group Coordinator

Supporters, we will need lots of help to get this chapter up and running, so please volunteer to help. Just think, you can say that you were a founding member of the first state-wide BMW CCA Chapter in Oregon and SW Washington!

Our first official event is the monthly club dinner, Thursday night, 7:00 at the Hunan Pearl Restaurant. If you have not already done so, please send a message to Ina Feldman (inafeld@comcast.net) to reserve a spot. Gary and Ina have relocated the dinner to a larger restaurant, but please keep in mind that they can accommodate up to 40 people.

We will keep you informed about our first general meeting, scheduled for Tuesday, February 9th (location TBD).

Yahoo!

Brian Cone

971 645-6228
BMW CCA Club Member, Oregon Region Pro-tem President
BMW ACA Club Member
PDX Mini Club Member
Columbia-Willamette Chapter President-CHMM"

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Very Cool

I've been a BMWCCA member since 1997. The monthly magazine is great. The Lone Star Region (in North Texas where I live) is very active with autocrosses and track events, weekend driving tours, morning drives, and social events. In addition the tech support at the national and local levels is first rate. You also can get a cash rebate ($500 in the case of the M3) from BMWNA if you buy a new BMW after you have been a member of BMWCCA for 12 consecutive months.
      01-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Oregon CCA Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
I've been a BMWCCA member since 1997. The monthly magazine is great. The Lone Star Region (in North Texas where I live) is very active with autocrosses and track events, weekend driving tours, morning drives, and social events. In addition the tech support at the national and local levels is first rate. You also can get a cash rebate ($500 in the case of the M3) from BMWNA if you buy a new BMW after you have been a member of BMWCCA for 12 consecutive months.
My area, Portland, has the last remaining BMW ACA chapter, of which I've been a member since 1976. They have been a great sponsor of track events at PIR, but other activities have been sporadic of late. I joined the Puget Sound chapter of CCA around 2000, but since it's centered in Seattle, 185 miles away, I have not participated in events. I think this new chapter will be a good thing, though it may be the death nell of ACA.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Here is a note from Brian Cone............

Hello BMW Chapter supporters,

Frank Patek, BMW CCA Executive Director, has placed an article on the CCA website main page (Latest Club News section) announcing the creation of the newest CCA chapter: the Oregon Region! Take a look.

http://www.bmwcca.org/

Thanks to all of you who have supported this effort. This is a historic time for BMW enthusiast in Oregon and SW Washington!

Brian Cone

971 645-6228

BMW CCA Club Member, Oregon Region Pro-tem President

PDX Mini Club Member

Columbia-Willamette Chapter President-CHMM

This new Oregon Chapter is gaining momentum!
Appreciate 0