E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede v4 Technical: Stg3+ and Stg4+ w/methanol datalogs

01-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Exclamation PROcede v4 Technical: Stg3+ and Stg4+ w/methanol datalogs

1-22 maps tested on a 6AT Stg 3 car running Vishnu PnP Methanol System

Things to notice:

Ignition correction curves
The meth map (Stg 4+ with Ign Correction at 0%) runs considerably more timing than the pump gas map. This extra timing is PROcede-induced and not caused by knock feedback as it would be in a reflash or in a piggyback that does not actively control ignition timing.

Boost pressures
Peak boost on the pump gas map is limited to 15psi. Peak boost on the methanol map is set to 16.8psi. Eventually, these peak values will be adjustable though the User Adjustable menu. It makes no sense for a tune NOT to adjust boost when toggling between methanol and non-methanol maps. Running the same boost pressure is a tuning compromise, plain and simple.

Target Boost vs. Actual Boost (aka "Pressure in front of Throttle Valve in BavTech speak) This is Debug Word 4 and Debug Word 5 (both plotted in the 5th graph)
Look how closely they match each other. The closer they are too each other, the more responsive the engine will be. The error (difference between Actual and Target) is within a small fraction of a PSI at all times (post spool-up). And you will see this kind of error regardless of what your modifications/conditions are. V4 is that adaptable. You will not find any other reflash or non-CANbus integrated piggyback to come close to this.

Stg 3+ on 91oct (methanol injection disabled) and Ignition Correction set at 100%:

Stg 4+ on 91oct plus methanol (enabled) and Ignition Correction set to 0%:

Cheers,
shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 01-23-2010 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

looks great and i'm sure that car is a rocket!
      01-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
You have been busy today. Nice work.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
You have been busy today. Nice work.
Thanks.. you'll be happy to know that we are working on the progressive mapping for methanol right now. So instead of switching between two distinct maps when the methanol flow trigger goes ON/OFF, the PROcede is going to read actual methanol flow (in ml/min) and gradually "blend" one map into the other as a function of flow. So you wont see any "step" change in boost, timing or fuel. Everything will be invisible, failure-proof and as smooth as one could want.

Cheers,
shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Thanks.. you'll be happy to know that we are working on the progressive mapping for methanol right now. So instead of switching between two distinct maps when the methanol flow trigger goes ON/OFF, the PROcede is going to read actual methanol flow (in ml/min) and gradually "blend" one map into the other as a function of flow. So you wont see any "step" change in boost, timing or fuel. Everything will be invisible, failure-proof and as smooth as one could want.

Cheers,
shiv
Great news SHiv! It looks like you had a bad case of cabin fever with all the rain you guys had!! First nice day and your like a mad tuner!!!

I am running stage 3 so if I use 3+ for meth map, all I would need to do is turn ign cor to 0%? Correct
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
maui86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:

Cheers,
shiv
this is what i'm waiting for to install your meth kit i have sitting in my room :-)

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui86 View Post
this is what i'm waiting for to install your meth kit i have sitting in my room :-)
Same here. Going to be a fun day when this comes to pass.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:

Cheers,
shiv
Smooth tuning as always............Shiv Style
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
GreenPlease
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Wow. Amazing how much meth allows you to tighten the timing up. Very promising. Nice work.

Edit: btw, Shiv, are you running straight meth or 50/50? Also, have you taken a look at the thread on the boards re: pre-compressor meth injection? Any thoughts? Thanks.
      01-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #10
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Just to clarify, if I get a basic meth kit and have a procede, do I need a controller to adjust the meth controls? The procede will change the map if the meth stops, negating the need for a secondary gauge to prevent any engine damage?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Looks like someone was having fun yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Just to clarify, if I get a basic meth kit and have a procede, do I need a controller to adjust the meth controls? The procede will change the map if the meth stops, negating the need for a secondary gauge to prevent any engine damage?

yes I do believe that is correct, his meth kit comes iwth everything you'll need to integrate w/ the procede.
      01-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #13
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
You definitely don't need a gauge. But you will need the Labonte electronics (pump controller and flow detector) in order to interface with the PROcede.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #14
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
You definitely don't need a gauge. But you will need the Labonte electronics (pump controller and flow detector) in order to interface with the PROcede.

Shiv
lol...+1 on the Labonte electronics! I personally witness that the electronics need to be compatible with the tuner software!!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
cocoturkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 335i

Quote:

Shiv
with V4, do i have to set future use 1 to "0" or "1" in order to activate my meth kit? or it does not matter... i just have to push the ON button on the remoate keynob and it will automactially start spreading meth when boost is above 6psi?

with V4, how exactly should we setup the values in user adjustable menu so we can switch bewteen pump gas map and meth map on the fly? does V4 switches back to pump gas map automatically when it detects no meth flow?
Appreciate 0