BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

01-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Chi-town expat
Registered
Rep
Drives: None at the moment

M3 USA specs vs Euro specs

Hi guys (and girls?),

Could anyone tell me if there are any differences between the software/hardware of US spec M3's vs Euro spec?

I'm temporarily living in the US and would like to buy an M3 somewhere in the near future to take it with me to the Netherlands when I return. I have checked with my BMW dealer in the Netherlands what adjustments I'd have to make and he says that they can adjust the lights to make it compliant with Dutch regulation, but that BMW in the NL would not be able to do any software/programming related work.

Is this true? Or could anyone tell me where I can find the right info about this?

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town expat View Post
Hi guys (and girls?),

Could anyone tell me if there are any differences between the software/hardware of US spec M3's vs Euro spec?

I'm temporarily living in the US and would like to buy an M3 somewhere in the near future to take it with me to the Netherlands when I return. I have checked with my BMW dealer in the Netherlands what adjustments I'd have to make and he says that they can adjust the lights to make it compliant with Dutch regulation, but that BMW in the NL would not be able to do any software/programming related work.

Is this true? Or could anyone tell me where I can find the right info about this?

Thanks a lot!
rear lights need to be swapped out and fog lights added in along with switch but those are simple enough plug and play. not sure what they mean about programming.

you would have the US speedo, but it has kph as well (although its pretty small) and a digital kph display so no problem there as far as telling your speed. might want to call that dealership up again and ask to clarify. i recommend calling a few centers. i think you will find you get different stories from each of them.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Chi-town expat
Registered
Rep
Drives: None at the moment

Thanks a lot, I will definitely do that!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

i just activated the rear fog lights on mine. just had to take out the existing switch and then unclip the bottom right button. thats all that is required for the fogs. at least that is one thing free. You still have to get the TUF approved rear lights that blink amber (not red)
PN 63 217 154 153 for left side and 63 217 154 154 for right. They run 121 euro each w/o VAT.

That should be it other than the condition of your car should be in top form including new or near new tires mounted on it and appropriate for the season.
Appreciate 0