E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > COLD AIR INTAKE and 3" Catless Downpipes for TRADE

01-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
odc1008
Rep
Drives: 335i

COLD AIR INTAKE and 3" Catless Downpipes for TRADE

Hello all,

I bought an '07 335i a few months ago full of mods but I had to pass inspection so I had to take the catless down pipes and CAI out.

Here is what I need:
O2 sensor (post cat)
the air scoop that goes on top of the radiator and your stock air box.
Stock 18 inch rims and tires (I am willing to add cash to the deal depending on condition of the rims and tires)

Here is what I have for trade:
Ultimate Racing CAI (Siliver retail $600) - I have the filter but probably needs a new one. Please go to their websight if you want to know what it looks like.

3" inch catless exhaust. The person that sold me the car said he paid $1000 for it and had it installed by a local dealer. Each weight like 4 lbs each compared to the 30 lbs stock behemoth.

Here is the catch: One of the O2 sensores was reverse screwed into the cat (this was a dealer install) so that is why I need an O2 sensor for the stock cats I had to get to put back on the car. I will give you the O2 sensor that was wrongly put in. BIG BIG bump to LostMarine for helping me with getting some stock cats. If you are looking to gain about 30-40 hp to your car and don't want to spend any money please contact me.

My email is odc1008@gmail.com. Please shoot me an email if you have any questions. I am also willing to pay cash for the air scoop, rims and O2 sensor if anyone has those parts laying around. All parts are off the car and ready to go.

Thanks!

Lee
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

ill pm u

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
cuban335i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i xdrive

will you just sell or trade the UR CAI for the aFe DCI plus cash?
'12 e92 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo - ADV.1 ADV10, Volk TE37SL, OSS, Innotech F1, Arkym, iND
'09 e92 335i Alpine White/Saddle Brown - fully modded
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
LostMarine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lying Vendors Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by odc1008 View Post
Hello all,

I bought an '07 335i a few months ago full of mods but I had to pass inspection so I had to take the catless down pipes and CAI out.

Here is what I need:
O2 sensor (post cat)
the air scoop that goes on top of the radiator and your stock air box.
Stock 18 inch rims and tires (I am willing to add cash to the deal depending on condition of the rims and tires)

Here is what I have for trade:
Ultimate Racing CAI (Siliver retail $600) - I have the filter but probably needs a new one. Please go to their websight if you want to know what it looks like.

3" inch catless exhaust. The person that sold me the car said he paid $1000 for it and had it installed by a local dealer. Each weight like 4 lbs each compared to the 30 lbs stock behemoth.

Here is the catch: One of the O2 sensores was reverse screwed into the cat (this was a dealer install) so that is why I need an O2 sensor for the stock cats I had to get to put back on the car. I will give you the O2 sensor that was wrongly put in. BIG BIG bump to LostMarine for helping me with getting some stock cats. If you are looking to gain about 30-40 hp to your car and don't want to spend any money please contact me.

My email is odc1008@gmail.com. Please shoot me an email if you have any questions. I am also willing to pay cash for the air scoop, rims and O2 sensor if anyone has those parts laying around. All parts are off the car and ready to go.

Thanks!

Lee
no problem!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
odc1008
Rep

update:

I will accept anything around $150 for the CAI if you give me the air scoop that sits on top of the radiator. You dont need this piece but I desparately do

Also I talked to Rev and found out that the one catless downpipe is probably shot because the O2 sensor was threaded in the opposite direction. My mechanic put a plug in on my stock down pipes until I get an O2 sensor and it hasn't thrown up any codes yet. If anyone wants the catless pipes for racing purposes or knows a machine shop that can rethread the bung these catless down pipes would be a steal. They were a thousand bucks now one is in need of some re-bunging so give me an offer for these if anyone wants them. My car sounds like a kitten now without them ..... also gone are the extra ponies....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I will accept anything around $150 for the CAI if you give me the air scoop that sits on top of the radiator. You dont need this piece but I desparately do

Also I talked to Rev and found out that the one catless downpipe is probably shot because the O2 sensor was threaded in the opposite direction. My mechanic put a plug in on my stock down pipes until I get an O2 sensor and it hasn't thrown up any codes yet. If anyone wants the catless pipes for racing purposes or knows a machine shop that can rethread the bung these catless down pipes would be a steal. They were a thousand bucks now one is in need of some re-bunging so give me an offer for these if anyone wants them. My car sounds like a kitten now without them ..... also gone are the extra ponies....
i can come by and look at them any time man, maybe ill pick them up for the hell of it!
i can feel you on the downpipes, i just took mine out today too, took me 4 damn hours just so i can pass inspection and take it to the dealer for service, its such a hassle!!!

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:

For an installer to screw it in backwards, they really need to find another profession....That has to be one of the dumbest things that I have heard....Good luck on getting your parts though!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
BoostedCosta
SUPERMAN
Rep
Drives: AW e90 335i M-Sport

so wait...u want to trade your CAI for stock intake?
if so PM me ill do it
      01-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

+cash, i had wanted it but going to keep stock airbox for warranty purposes

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

It would be impossible to screw them in backwards no? What probably happened was they were threaded in crooked and cross threaded. You might be able to have a machine shop just re tap the threads for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
odc1008
Rep

I looked at the one downpipe tonight and it didn't look that bad.... I think it was just cross threaded like 328i suggested.... thanks 328i

As for the CAI..... first person to come to my door with just the air scoop that goes on top of the radiator and $100 bucks towards a new O2 sensor can have it. (you can keep the air box)

If any wants to buy the DP's I will take $230 for them since that is what an O2 sensor costs.

This site has been awesome because everyone is so helpful so I am just trying to get a little bit for the parts.

LC
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
2008montegoblue335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335xi

what kind of downpipes are they? do you have any pictures? i would def be interested.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
Bobby_LeMans
Banned
Rep
Drives: your mom wild!

Where are located in Philly?
Pm me the address...I am gonna be around the area this weekend...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #14
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008montegoblue335i View Post
what kind of downpipes are they? do you have any pictures? i would def be interested.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Picked up the UR intake from Lee last night. Great deal! I took a look at the downpipes briefly and there wasn't any notable labels on them. I thought they might be Riss Racing, but didn't Riss have their name on them? I think they are at least a year or two old, who made downpipes back then?

I'm still considering picking those up and retreading the bung.

Edit: Now that I think about it they may be Ultimate Racing downpipes. Not 100% positive though.

http://www.335ishop.com/images/P/ur_335i_dp_nhfc_b.jpg

Last edited by WCM3; 02-02-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0