E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > mud flaps

01-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Garage List
mud flaps

Hi.I was in hong kong during the xmas break and i noticed that most of the E90s there have mud flaps(mud guards).I was wondering if they come out as stock when you get your cars or do you make a special order for them?I am considering placing them in my car.Are they OEM?Any particular reason why most E90's have them there?
      01-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
N52B30
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92, E70, W204

Yes, mudflaps are standard (in HK and Australia) and already installed when the car is delivered brand new!! You should be able to order them through your dealer in Manila, but check with them first if you have an M-sport body kit... from memory, some models cannot install mudflaps with body kits. Hope this helps.

Last edited by N52B30; 01-14-2010 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N52B30 View Post
Yes, mudflaps are standard (in HK and Australia) and already installed when the car is delivered brand new!! You should be able to order them through your dealer in Manila, but check with them first if you have an M-sport body kit... from memory, some models cannot install mudflaps with body kits. Hope this helps.
thank you very much!i appreciate it a lot.My car isn't fitted with an M sport kit so i guess they will fit just fine.
      01-15-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N52B30 View Post
oh...and may i say...YOU HAVE AN AWSOME GARAGE!
      01-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjay View Post
thank you very much!i appreciate it a lot.My car isn't fitted with an M sport kit so i guess they will fit just fine.

Impossible, I think your garage just need to a little work on the mudflaps that would be fit your M-sport kits. Just wondering how come mudflaps are not a standard installation for bmw in your place as I think you need it more than us here in HK, just my personal opinion ^ ^
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
docjay
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Impossible, I think your garage just need to a little work on the mudflaps that would be fit your M-sport kits. Just wondering how come mudflaps are not a standard installation for bmw in your place as I think you need it more than us here in HK, just my personal opinion ^ ^
I agree with you completely!The roads here are dusty and a bit bumpy.When it rains the dust turns into mud and it really gets our cars dirty. Mud flaps are not popular here because i think most car enthusiasts feel that they don't look good on Bimmers particularly the sedans,coups and roadsters. When i placed my order for my E90 last September i inquired about the flaps and the agent teased me by saying that i was buying a BMW and not a Toyota.She continued by saying that nobody installs flaps on bimmers here in Manila.I think this is true since it was only there in HK that i saw them.Plus my father owns a couple of bimmers and when i said that i was thinking of putting the flaps on my first bimmer he laughed at me!He teased me by saying that it wouldn't look nice on it.So when i was there in HK last December i saw them for real-installed and all and i think they look great.So next week im going to the dealer to have them installed.
      01-16-2010, 02:52 AM   #7
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Renus, M sport kits come with its special design (size altered) mud flaps while the stock ones no longer fit.

For my ACS kit, I have to abandon the mud flaps (now in my parking space storage).
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0