E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Supercars, BMW & Hong Kong

01-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Wolfman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Supercars, BMW & Hong Kong

I mention in an earlier thread about so many luxury and exotic cars as feast for my eyes in Hong Kong, looks like I am not alone, as this uk newspaper found out:

Hong Kong's roads clogged with supercars
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/exp...supercars.html

They mention that many exotic car owners ship their cars to China and elsewhere to drive and escape the traffic jams in HK. Now Bmw, certainly a E90, is no supercar, but we are car fans. I can't agree that there is nowhere to drive in HK. There is somewhere to drive if you know where to look. Or am I wrong, what do you guys think?

Last edited by Wolfman; 01-04-2010 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
Wolfman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I found a news video of the above report, funny, do any of you guys know the people in the video? Mostly footage from local porsche members, why no Bmw members?? On a side note, that banker lady interviewed in front of her R8 has terribly fashion sense, haha (Just kidding):

Anyway I am getting to understand more of HK car culture from the these news articles, along with my cantonese which I hope is getting better day by day.

Last edited by Wolfman; 01-05-2010 at 01:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

wow i was reading some of the comments on the youtube....interesting how people get very jealous and say stupid stuff...

but thats how it is in big cities...

lol agreed, im surprised that woman is a banker....must be doing mainland business vs western...aint going anywhere with that kinda engrish
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 04:46 AM   #4
Wolfman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Haha, I guess she is one of those vain and shallow people. I suppose if one has the money, one can buy whatever they want, that's the Hong Kong etho anyway. I don't mind it in the sense that it allows me to see in person many exotic cars which I would otherwise not be able to see. What I do mind is that there are certain people I see (not anyone of you here, rest assured) that buy cars purely for showing off without knowing anything about the car itself. I was chatting with one of my client, a housewife who just purchased a 335i. When I mentioned to her how great bmw's straight-six engine was, she gave me a blank expression and asked me "What's a straight-six"?. By contrast, when I chat with a lawyer lady, I can tell she knows exactly what she was talking about with her F01 7 series.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
Bimmer /E93
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93 (Sold), Z4 35i on board

If you guys want to know where the supercars are in HKG, go to Tregunter club house parking (14 Tregunter path)
I got lost counting them.. But there were over 12 lamborghini , 14 Ferraris, 7 Austin Martins and I guess 6 Maserati.. Mind you, I did not drive all the parkings level, it was just from the gate to my "Visitor Parking" Spot...

A Wooow... The Parking guys was wondering were did I disappear, it took me 45 minutes to reach the club.. haha
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer /E93 View Post
If you guys want to know where the supercars are in HKG, go to Tregunter club house parking (14 Tregunter path)
I got lost counting them.. But there were over 12 lamborghini , 14 Ferraris, 7 Austin Martins and I guess 6 Maserati.. Mind you, I did not drive all the parkings level, it was just from the gate to my "Visitor Parking" Spot...

A Wooow... The Parking guys was wondering were did I disappear, it took me 45 minutes to reach the club.. haha
uhhh....thats where i live....surprised cuz nobody knows tregunter path hahaha
      01-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Haha, I guess she is one of those vain and shallow people. I suppose if one has the money, one can buy whatever they want, that's the Hong Kong etho anyway. I don't mind it in the sense that it allows me to see in person many exotic cars which I would otherwise not be able to see. What I do mind is that there are certain people I see (not anyone of you here, rest assured) that buy cars purely for showing off without knowing anything about the car itself. I was chatting with one of my client, a housewife who just purchased a 335i. When I mentioned to her how great bmw's straight-six engine was, she gave me a blank expression and asked me "What's a straight-six"?. By contrast, when I chat with a lawyer lady, I can tell she knows exactly what she was talking about with her F01 7 series.
there are always people that buy things for the "image" vs really interested in it. but i'd place my bet on that women doesnt care about cars most of the time, but of course there are statistical outliers
      01-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #8
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
to be honest, this happens in most places, be it in HK or somewhere else
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
Wolfman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have no problem with it as long as I get to see some cool cars, shallow as some of these people maybe. But it seems HK has a particular concentration of these people, after all, don't we have the most rolls royce per capita? Funny, there seems to be an inverse relationship, the higher the tax the more people want to get expensive cars. That dosen't seem to make sense, but oh well, as long as I get to see exotic cars!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 04:24 AM   #10
little_croco
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Monaco Blue/Beige

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [6.00]
true, and it also reflecting where do you hang out most of the time.

we should appreciate how better we know what we get then to enjoy it with reasons, instead of just blindly follows. there are always levels like novice, expert, professional no matter in which subject areas
E90 330i VB32 Monaco Blue/Beige/BurledWalnut - Prodrive GC-014I Forged 18" 8.5J/9.5J British Black + Michelin PSS 225/255 + Bilstein PSS10 + H&R ARBs + ACS bodykit + Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit 355-6F/345-4R + Rogue Engineering IKON exhaust kit + Simota Intake V2 + MFD Scoops + Blackline w/ red bulbs + PIAA H11 4700K fog + PIAA 6500K White Angel Eyes + MTEC 7000K license plate LED + GS-55 front doors LED + Valentine-1
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
Renus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:

There is a Female racer here even doesn't know about 335i or bmw too before we have given her several lessons ~~> our Miss Suri (joking)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
Wolfman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Haha, careful there, better not offend the opposite sex! I know many good female racers back in the States, although not as many in Hong Kong, but I'm sure Suri is a great all-round driver. I've notice (and this is totally non-scientific), many female drivers here prefer porsche for some reason. Porsche are great cars of course. Also I notice many drive the bmw X 5 and 6 as well. Wonder why?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #13
Suri_
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Megane RS250 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
There is a Female racer here even doesn't know about 335i or bmw too before we have given her several lessons ~~> our Miss Suri (joking)
Im trying to cover this,how many years you planning to remember this stuff???????

Quote:
Haha, careful there, better not offend the opposite sex! I know many good female racers back in the States, although not as many in Hong Kong, but I'm sure Suri is a great all-round driver. I've notice (and this is totally non-scientific), many female drivers here prefer porsche for some reason. Porsche are great cars of course. Also I notice many drive the bmw X 5 and 6 as well. Wonder why?
Oh yeah,thanks for your kind words
I tried Porsche 996 turbo few days ago,(i was just giving it a shot,not really interest),after that I like my E92 more and more.but yeah,pretty fast even i was just tapped lightly on the gas,and the stock brakes are perfect!If you have enough point to deduct,it would be a good choice!!!but back to your words,I think female drivers prefer porsche it's becoz Porsche is Porsche.''What car are you driving?'',''Ball-Zhi lor''!sounds good,and female likes this feeling forsho.hahaha.
X5 and 6,according to my mum's words,X5 is big and comfort.I think that's the point why C9 likes to pick X5,6.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #14
css
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri_ View Post
Im trying to cover this,how many years you planning to remember this stuff???????

Oh yeah,thanks for your kind words
I tried Porsche 996 turbo few days ago,(i was just giving it a shot,not really interest),after that I like my E92 more and more.but yeah,pretty fast even i was just tapped lightly on the gas,and the stock brakes are perfect!If you have enough point to deduct,it would be a good choice!!!but back to your words,I think female drivers prefer porsche it's becoz Porsche is Porsche.''What car are you driving?'',''Ball-Zhi lor''!sounds good,and female likes this feeling forsho.hahaha.
X5 and 6,according to my mum's words,X5 is big and comfort.I think that's the point why C9 likes to pick X5,6.
i wish i could say that too! at least you can say "bo ma lor"! i can only say "yut charn or nissan"
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #15
css
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
i thought shes very wolf
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #16
Suri_
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Megane RS250 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oda View Post
i wish i could say that too! at least you can say "bo ma lor"! i can only say "yut charn or nissan"
I can also say ''ball zhi lor''
Dude,I like your NISSAN so much!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #17
E93DT
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
2009 E93 Cabrio  [0.00]
Cool

There are many nice cars around us. Just enjoy what you have now...!
Appreciate 0