BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Spotted at my work parking garage...

The 135i had Maryland plates and Breyton wheels. The car and wheels looked better in person than the iphone pic.
Attached Images

01-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
enigma135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible

Hey i see you have the Dinan S2, how do you like it so far, any issues? Gonna get mine through Tischer soon hopefully.
      01-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Nicky G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i (M Sport, Premium)

So Tischer as a BMW dealership still sells Dinan? Interesting, a few other Maryland dealers I've spoken with (Annapolis and Russel) don't do Dinan any longer, and tried to discourage it basically. Said they had had problems working with Dinan on getting DInan to cover warranty stuff. I don't know who to believe, but if the dealership themselves does it, hard to imagine it would be too much of an issue if something did come up, and I took the car right to them...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
M2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma135 View Post
Hey i see you have the Dinan S2, how do you like it so far, any issues? Gonna get mine through Tischer soon hopefully.
You'll see, the difference is unbelievable. You will be happy you did. DINAN has a promo going on right now. Hopefully Tischer will give you the membership discount too, (if you are a BMWCCA member). I had mine done at Fairfax Service Center since it is by my house. I have to tell ya, when I picked up my car and drove it off the service lot I knew I did the right thing by getting this. it is outstanding, it is a beast!

I also changed to non-runflat tires. This makes the car drive and handle much better. I also have all the M3 suspension parts but am waiting to have them installed at ATSPEED http://atspeedmotorsports.com/BMW, but that's not until spring.

Last edited by M2; 01-10-2010 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
M2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky G View Post
So Tischer as a BMW dealership still sells Dinan? Interesting, a few other Maryland dealers I've spoken with (Annapolis and Russel) don't do Dinan any longer, and tried to discourage it basically. Said they had had problems working with Dinan on getting DInan to cover warranty stuff. I don't know who to believe, but if the dealership themselves does it, hard to imagine it would be too much of an issue if something did come up, and I took the car right to them...
I believe it has more to do with BMW selling you their tune, now that there is one. They would buy DINAN if they could, just like the bought John Cooper Works and brought it in-house but still sell the same tune upgrade, but now it's in house, straight from the factory and all the profits go to BMW. My reasoning is due to an experience I had when I owned a Mini Cooper S and I wanted to get the John Cooper Works reduction pulley put on my car but Annapolis MINI wouldn't do it since they said it would void the warranty, but I bet they will do it now that they own John Cooper Works. Same parts...At least that's my take on it. Tischer is a authorized dealer and they even have dedicated service advisors and Tech's who do the work. I would have gone to them, since that's where I bought my car, but I didnt want to drive all the way out there. Call me lazy.
      02-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
enigma135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 SG/Coral 135i Convertible

The Dinan tune has been great so far! Also just had the BMW performance exhaust installed last week sounds great!

Might check out ATSpeed for my spoiler installation....