E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Park Ave BMW in NJ

10-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
omgitselaine
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi coupe

Park Ave BMW in NJ

hey everyone....

first post here im looking to get the new coupe but not the 335 though that wouldve loads of fuuun im waiting on the 328xi for those snowy days here in jersey and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with park ave bmw in north jersey ?? good or bad comments would be helpful. thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
BMWalopez01
Experienced
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xiT

Garage List
2006 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitselaine
hey everyone....

first post here im looking to get the new coupe but not the 335 though that wouldve loads of fuuun im waiting on the 328xi for those snowy days here in jersey and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with park ave bmw in north jersey ?? good or bad comments would be helpful. thank you in advance
Search further down. There are comments...
      10-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
deltron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325xi Monaco Blue

I bought my car from Park Ave. I would certainly check out Prestige since many have said that they had great service from that dealer. Park Ave is closer to my home and I stopped there first so I went with them.

I worked with Andre Lindsay at Park Ave. I asked him for the TMV (true market value; for NJ, see edmunds.com) price of a '06 BMW 325xi. He walked away just once and came back with a yes.

The price I got was ~35,000k for the car, it was ~37,000k MSRP with all my options. Now, they will tell you that you have to pay some kind of $200 fee for something as well. This is a fee that covers them detailing and preparing your car for delivery. That is what will be pitched to you. I asked for that service to be included in the price we just agreed to. He included this with no real back and forth.

However, they do perform work to prepare your car, so the fee is justified. It was nice the dealer wrapped it into the TMV price I asked for.

I was very satisfied with the service. The price was good with no back and forth. Delivery went well. He accommodated the fact that I was young (25 y/o) and very excited about the car, and he took care of my concerns and helped make it fun.

When I finished the deal, I was told that they (he in particular) sells enough cars to not have to nickel and dime you. They want you to come back to them for your next car.

Just be sure to do some homework on financing if you want to haggle over financing with them. BMW Finance usually has a high interest rate. Park Ave works with some local banks which they can negotiate with. I got a pre-approved loan from E-Loan, it takes a few days. If you have that with you can work on interests rate there (possibly).

The finance guy I worked with was Roger (last name starts with a C), he was a good person to work with. I wouldn't mind working with him again if I were to buy another car.

Lot's of people like Prestige, and my neighbor at work uses Prestige for his car buying needs and doesn't complain about service (though he has complained about what he thinks is ridiculous mileage put on his car for test driving repairs; joy-riding basically). Granted he gets an employee discount since his sister works for BMW, so it doesn't matter where he goes, but anyways.

Good luck!
      10-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Can anyone who have had their cars registered in Maryland, can you tell me what was the fees for taxes and titles are..thanks in advance Jedi...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
patagoniagrrl
Registered
Rep
Drives: '06 325cic

PARK AVE BMW scams..

I recently went to Park Ave BMW with interest in a '06 325ci convertible. I had a lease that had a buyout in which they said would be no problem...YEA until they went with some paint gauge reader and tells me my WHOLE CAR WAS REPAINTED?????????? I never had any accidents and received the car with 10 miles on it...so unless the paint fairies came in the night over the past 18 mths....it was all a scam! Just didn't want to fully pay out my lease....he was like this car has been repainted and showed me with this reader all these numbers that -mind you didn't mean crap too me...but I guess now I should only go buy a new car now with my handy dandy paint gauge reader....I mean really who does this? I could understand if he would have tried to tell me that one door or a fender or something...then ok coming off the port maybe it could have been believable as far as perhaps got a scratch so it? could have been repainted prior to me getting the car??? but no they tell me the WHOLE CAR LIKE THE TOP OF TRUNK, HOOD, ON TOP OF CAR, ALL SIDES WERE PAINTED?? Now who are they trying to kid???? Telling me to go back to my dealer and scream at them cuz I didn't sign a disclosure stating it was painted??? So to not look like a fool at my old dealer...I went to DCH Essex BMW didn't mention a thing about the fiasco at Park Ave...they went out appraised my car and yes---with a paint gauge reader...oh and guess WHAT? Yep they didn't say a word about my paint....all was fine they paid off my old lease in full...and I drove off with my convertible that weekend! So if you don't feel like getting scammed...I would suggest DCH Essex BMW...The atmosphere there was just so much more pleasant....Not aggressive at all...and the hawks didn't circle you and come in for the kill soon as you walked in the door! I know this may be a bit old for this particular post...but hopefully someone in the Jersey area will come across this and rethink heading to Park Ave BMW!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 04:55 PM   #6
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

go to jmk or darien and ask for Neal Applebee.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

Paul Miller in Wayne ask for Steve
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Tonye90xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

I just took delivery from Prestige. I dealt with Alison. She was great. They had the car I wanted with the options I wanted and came off the sticker without me even asking. We did everything by phone/e-mail.

They have descent stock too, more 335's than most dealers I've seen (certainly more than the ones on Long Island).

They were even convenient for me, and I live on Long Island. It was only like an hour and a half for me to get there. They are right off 17s.
Appreciate 0