BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

12-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Angel IBright V3+ EAS

I have been looking around for quite some time now for upgraded Angel Eyes. I looked into Camaross's, Luxe's, etc and I finally came to the conclusion EAS's Angel IBright's were perfect for my taste. It took about 5 business days for the Angel IBrights to come in. I was patient and excited for the arrival. I received them and received no instructions on how to install them. I went to the DIY and thankfully found it. I installed the passenger side no problem and began to install the driver side. However an allen screw that came on the cooling piece was not there. I am very meticulous when it comes to my cars and doing installs. I keep everything packaged until I need the actual part for the install. The allen screw was not there. I called EAS and they sent me one 5 days later. I finally installed the Angel IBrights. I was happy.

Less than 3 days later my car's "check light code" popped up. I parked the car and investigated. I later find this:

and the other side:

Completely melted and something went BOOM inside.

I called EAS and spoke with Brandon and Tom and they said they will send me one free of charge, but it will take 5 days. I asked them if they can overnight it since the product was faulty. They told me I have to keep the box outside of the lamp cover because it would be too hot and they can NOT overnight it to me free of charge. I paid $25 overnight to get it to me. I was annoyed.

I received the blackbox and reinstalled the piece. All good now.

Until.. the "check light" warning came up again and found this:

The red wire had completely fallen out of the plug. I called EAS again and told them my situation. I don't remember who I had spoken to, but he told me to email a picture to Returns@europeanautosource.com and they will take care of me. I spoke with Katie and she told me I would have to take apart my Angel IBrights and mail it to them because it was, yet again, "faulty." I asked her if they can just send me another one so I don't have to wait 10 days to receive my Angel IBrights. She said she is going to talk to a technician and see what they can do for me. I am very irritated. This is a pretty expensive upgrade and for it to keep breaking is unacceptable. There are cheaper Angel Eye's out there and have yet to have these many problems within 2 months of use.

Right now I am pending my comments towards EAS and the Angel IBright system. Once it's determined what EAS is going to do, I will finish my comments.

UPDATE LAST POST 5/15/10

UPDATE 12/10/10

Last edited by chungdae; 12-10-2010 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
This is a much more detailed description than I got from your email, which had nothing but a cellphone picture attached and no description.

These driverpacks you have pictured appear to be the old design, an email was sent to everyone of the driver exchange to a heavy duty version back in September which we replaced at no cost - regardless if users were experiencing issues or not. Since this is a warranty item, we have no problem replacing it - but you would have to cover the overnight shipping if you need it by tomorrow, exceptions are made if the kit was just recently purchased.

Now that we have the entire story, I will continue this rest of this discussion via email.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

When I had called in, I spoke with Katie this morning and explained to her the entire situation of what had happened in detail. She told me she was going to talk to a technician and give me a call back. The email that was sent was when I was on the side of the road when the malfunction had occurred again. I was also told that these driver packs were the latest and newest versions EAS received. I also never received an email about the updated driver packs and being sent a set. I bought these less than two months ago on October 12. I do not NEED them overnighted, but anybody that went through this type of hassle and paid $300 would not want to wait 10 days to receive a driver pack.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
When I had called in, I spoke with Katie this morning and explained to her the entire situation of what had happened in detail. She told me she was going to talk to a technician and give me a call back. The email that was sent was when I was on the side of the road when the malfunction had occurred again. I was also told that these black boxes were the latest and newest versions EAS received. I also never received an email about the updated black boxes and being sent one. I bought these less than two months ago on October 12.
Please check your email.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

wait a minute, these are version 3 and they are STILL having problems? i thought problems would be solved by now.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
wait a minute, these are version 3 and they are STILL having problems? i thought problems would be solved by now.
V3 is a LED reference (not DriverPack), which have not had any issues since they were revised with a HD version a couple of months ago

Any reported problems were quickly rectified.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: Still awaiting updates from EAS.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
UPDATE: Still awaiting updates from EAS.
New shipment arrives tomorrow, thanks for being patient.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
New shipment arrives tomorrow, thanks for being patient.
I will be waiting.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #10
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
I will be waiting.
I had to wait for almost 2 months to get my replacement drivers since my first set of AIBs died. The second set still had issues. I'm on my 3rd set now.

There's many threads regarding quality issues with this kit. For every one person who comes clean about there issues, there's about 5 people that don't.
      12-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #11
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

I was in the same situation as you C17MooseDriver...my first one burned out from overheating..and my second set arrived in 2 weeks....but by then they announced the revision of the AiB ..so I just tossed them aside till the new set came, which was about 1.5months later..but this was purely for quality improvement, so I don't blame them... my only problem with how the situation was handled was having to pay to ship the bulbs back..it was only like $30, but just sucked since I basically added that $30 to the kit

in case you missed it, tom you have pm..
      12-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
I had to wait for almost 2 months to get my replacement drivers since my first set of AIBs died. The second set still had issues. I'm on my 3rd set now.

There's many threads regarding quality issues with this kit. For every one person who comes clean about there issues, there's about 5 people that don't.
Yea I had heard about the driver packs over heating and I was told that these were the newest and updated driver packs V3+. Now I'm being told the driver packs were NOT the newest ones and they were going to send me the new ones. I only hope that it indeed is the new driver packs.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
I was in the same situation as you C17MooseDriver...my first one burned out from overheating..and my second set arrived in 2 weeks....but by then they announced the revision of the AiB ..so I just tossed them aside till the new set came, which was about 1.5months later..but this was purely for quality improvement, so I don't blame them... my only problem with how the situation was handled was having to pay to ship the bulbs back..it was only like $30, but just sucked since I basically added that $30 to the kit

in case you missed it, tom you have pm..
I just find it ridiculous that we spent $300 on a product that only burns out after a couple of days, lasts only a couple months, and we have to PAY for overnight shipping. Other products out there have yet to have these many problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #14
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Yea I had heard about the driver packs over heating and I was told that these were the newest and updated driver packs V3+. Now I'm being told the driver packs were NOT the newest ones and they were going to send me the new ones. I only hope that it indeed is the new driver packs.
As stated before (in Post 6 of this thread), V3 has nothing to do with DriverPacks - it is a specification of the LED.

Quote:
I just find it ridiculous that we spent $300 on a product that only burns out after a couple of days, lasts only a couple months, and we have to PAY for overnight shipping. Other products out there have yet to have these many problems.
Most AiB have zero problems, no product is 100%, which is why a warranty is given. We typically cover return ground shipping within the US as a courtesy, but if you absolutely need expedited shipping (overnight) - you would be liable for the additional cost as your original order was specified as ground shipping.

No one has ever been left high and dry and we have stood behind every single kit sold if an issue was brought up - but you have to give us a chance first to make things right - starting/bumping threads will not help at all.

We should have our new shipment of AiBs today, and tracking info will be provided by email when your replacement is shipped.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #15
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As stated before (in Post 6 of this thread), V3 has nothing to do with DriverPacks - it is a specification of the LED.

Most AiB have zero problems, no product is 100%, which is why a warranty is given. We typically cover return ground shipping within the US as a courtesy, but if you absolutely need expedited shipping (overnight) - you would be liable for the additional cost as your original order was specified as ground shipping.

No one has ever been left high and dry and we have stood behind every single kit sold if an issue was brought up - but you have to give us a chance first to make things right - starting/bumping threads will not help at all.

We should have our new shipment of AiBs today, and tracking info will be provided by email when your replacement is shipped.
"but you would have to cover the overnight shipping if you need it by tomorrow, exceptions are made if the kit was just recently purchased." what is defined as recently purchased? I sent an email regarding this question but was simply ignored. Several days after the incident of the first driver packs I had to pay for the overnight shipping, again what is considered "recently purchased?"
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
"but you would have to cover the overnight shipping if you need it by tomorrow, exceptions are made if the kit was just recently purchased." what is defined as recently purchased? I sent an email regarding this question but was simply ignored. Several days after the incident of the first driver packs I had to pay for the overnight shipping, again what is considered "recently purchased?"
When the newer DriverPacks were released, we replaced all kits on the market, whether they reported DriverPack issues or not as a precaution - as well as covered Ground Shipping. IMHO - this speaks volumes for support behind a product.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this in detail - I can be reached at x22.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When the newer DriverPacks were released, we replaced all kits on the market, whether they reported DriverPack issues or not as a precaution - as well as covered Ground Shipping. IMHO - this speaks volumes for support behind a product.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this in detail - I can be reached at x22.
I'll be calling shortly.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

I spoke with Tom and appreciate his professional courtesy giving the benefit of the doubt pertaining to the issues with the driver packs and hopefully the newer driver packs will eliminate any other flaws within the system.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #19
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

good to see that EAS is working something out to resolve the issue instead of just putting the blame on the customer.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #20
05SCM33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
good to see that EAS is working something out to resolve the issue instead of just putting the blame on the customer.
true, but terribly disappointing that a vendor continues to make a product available with so many problems . . . .
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #21
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: 12/11/09

I received an invoice from EAS and they finally sent me the updated and beefier updated driver packs. EAS also decided to 2nd day air to where I live in Miami, FL so I don't have to wait the five days. I will keep you all informed when I actually receive them.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #22
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: 12/15/09

UPS "rescheduled" my delivery date so I received them today. They sent me one new AIB LED and 2 "updated" driver packs:

The top one is the old one and the bottom is the "updated" one. Cosmetically, they look identical. I installed them and will send back the "faulty" LED and driver packs so they will refund me the $125 they charged me.

Comments/concerns: Angel IBrights were perfect for what I was looking for. They have the perfect hue and brightness for my taste. However, for a product that costs over $300 and had this many faulty equipment is unacceptable to my standards. I'm NOT the only person that has had this many errors and has complained. There are numerous threads pertaining to the quality of this product.

I give EAS a 8/10 in customer service for being abrupt, tentative to my posts, and understanding the frustration of what is supposed to be expected in a product coming from a very prestigious company such as EAS.

I give Angel IBrights a 5/10. The quality seemed very good, the build seemed immaculate, and the hype was more anticipated than the E92 M3 itself, but the product is indeed horrible. It appears it is a 50% chance it will be working fine and 50% it will indeed give you many problems.

I suggest to other members to spend their money on another product; I expected a superior product compared to others on the market, but the Angel IBrights is NOT what you will expect.
Appreciate 0