E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > OEM "Black" floor mats

12-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Nightfly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' E93

Heads up.

I bought a set of "Black" OEM carpet floor mats for my 09' E93 from my dealer when they had a 25% off after-Thanksgiving sale. They didn't have them in stock, but were nice enough to order a set. When they arrived, the mats were grey with a black heel pad on the driver's mat.

I called the dealer and told them the wrong one's were sent. I was told there were only two colors made for the convertable, black or beige. OK, whatever, but these are grey with a black pad. They said drop by and we'll figure it out.

So I go in and they tell me that in fact I have the "Black" mats. I pointed out that yes, the pad is black, but the rest of it is grey (or at least NOT the same color as the pad) The parts guys said "You're right, but BMW calls it 'black'..."

They gave me a refund, but he seemed a little cranky that after doing a special order I wouldn't accept the product. No harm, no foul from the parts guy, I told him if he were the person sewing the mats that would be one thing but it wasn't his fault, but I really didn't care if BMW called it 'flaming orange tiger stripe' it wasn't 'black'.

Moral of the story: I should have ordered something off the internet rather than try and support a local business... go figure. Also, be aware, a two-tone grey/black floor mat IS black as far as BMW is concerned. Again... go figure.

[EDIT: Anyone have a favorite online mat vendor???]
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=mats

Please bookmark Tischer BMW for future reference. BTW, they have floor mats in blk,beige, and gray. That guy you dealt with at your dealer is a complete moron.
      12-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Nightfly
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akack79 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=mats

Please bookmark Tischer BMW for future reference. BTW, they have floor mats in blk,beige, and gray. That guy you dealt with at your dealer is a complete moron.
Other than mentioning in my post that I'm looking for carpet floor mats (your link is for rubber all-weather ones) and after looking at the BMW accessory catalog and seeing that it only lists TWO carpet mat colors (the aforementioned beige and 'black') for the E93, your post was very helpful.

BTW - I'm still open to ideas for an online vendor someone is fond of
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Here: http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemVi...productId=760#

Which one did they give you?

Free shipping for orders over $200.

12-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
Nightfly
Private
United_States
Rep

Between the two images, I'd say the first one but as you might be able to see, the heel pad is not the same shade as the rest of the mat.

In real life, the pad is drop-dead black, and the carpet a 65-70% grey scale grey. The photo's don't reproduce the reality very well. The other image you posted, as I understand, is what BMW considers 'grey' with the pad the the 50% grey and the remaining something like a 30% grey (very light, I've been told).

I kinda feel bad squandering bandwidth on this... just wanted to let folks know to be cautious if they're ordering without actually seeing the product.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...egoryID=104047

Page 3, again you can order almost any OEM part from Tischer BMW, they are a forum sponsor and they post in sponsors classifieds section.
      12-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

LTBMW is another good place to shop from. I like to shop around for the best price. Tischer BMW has good prices but not on all items. I discovered that they have a mix of high and low prices from my previous research when I was shopping for parts.