2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Ride quality of 530d GT getting hammered

11-20-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Ride quality of 530d GT getting hammered

Seems to be a growing problem with BMW's latest products in the UK, great car but for the awful ride quality with Autocar only gave it 2 1/2 stars out of a possible 5 stars. In the past BMW were regarded as one of the best premium brands to offer great handling combined with a truly great ride but somehow they have lost their way.

I was almost considering one to replace the Jag after my term with it but now I am at a lose as to whether there is and decent riding BMWs anymore. Their switch to run-flats may well be their undoing.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

As well as BMWs tendency to use Runflats, there is one by reviewers to bash bmw for them. I used to have 17' runflats. And when a mate of mine got in, first thing he said was : Damn this thing rides smoothly. Have to admit my 19" runflats are about the same and maybe even softer on good roads. But they're not all that bad as some people say they are imho. There are some really good reviews about the 5GT aswell btw. Just saw my first one on the street today and i have to say it came out better than i ever expected it to
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

5th gear made an intersting review about this car they spoke only in a good way about it! after seeing the car in person i was really impressed!
Appreciate 0