E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Most Noteworthy LED Angels at Night?

11-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
tkillips
Casual Modder
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 BMW 335i

Most Noteworthy LED Angels at Night?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get rid of my Thunders because I really don't notice much difference from stock and I'm really trying to get away from that look. I know there's a million threads on this topic already, but I couldn't find anyone asking a similar question. What I'm trying to find is a LED set that is going to turn people's heads and be really noticeable while being classy and not obtrusive at the same time. That being said, the output during the day doesn't really concern me all that much because I don't feel like ANY headlights are going to be that amazing during the day. Anyways, I'm trying to find a set that meets that description, anyone have any thoughts? Night pictures would be really helpful as well if anyone has any.

TK
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

**********s has everything you need in terms of lighting products for your E92.

Check out our B.L.U. Super Hyper White LED Bulbs BMW E92 Angel Eyes!!
[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/GP%20Thunder/e90compairWM.jpg[/IMG]

Please contact me if you have any further questions
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Synergy 69
www.facebook.com/Synergy69
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335I MT

I've been liking the looks of the Lux H8 or the OSS Designs.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Also check out the WeissLicht system, we tested them against the RD units to be brighter
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
dirtyylicous
Swagger on a trillion
Rep
Drives: IS300

I know you want LED but nothing beats the OSS angels IMO
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Mike@F1 Autohaüs
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ❤

Lux H8 or Angel iBright would best suit your description.

The custom OSS Designs setup is another option if you want to break neck

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #7
sleepyx637
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

1) OSS
2) Lux H8 (I have these) or AiB (never tried, but many have and these seem to be Lux H8's major competitor)

Your choices are really dictated by your budget. The more $$$ you throw into the bulbs, the better they'll look during the day/night. OSS costs more than Lux H8/AiB, which costs more than RD/WeissLicht, which costs more than GB Thunders.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
burberry
Caffeine Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

i was told that some codes are let through in earlier 07 E90's. If that was the case I wouldn't be able to get the LEDs without the error codes. Can someone give a little more explanation?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
I'm still waiting to see some real pics of WeissLicht, Aib is bright and nice but i want it blue and bright which leaves it too OSS Design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
gtkm4
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

snaps necks, really noticeable, not cheap looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkillips View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get rid of my Thunders because I really don't notice much difference from stock and I'm really trying to get away from that look. I know there's a million threads on this topic already, but I couldn't find anyone asking a similar question. What I'm trying to find is a LED set that is going to turn people's heads and be really noticeable while being classy and not obtrusive at the same time. That being said, the output during the day doesn't really concern me all that much because I don't feel like ANY headlights are going to be that amazing during the day. Anyways, I'm trying to find a set that meets that description, anyone have any thoughts? Night pictures would be really helpful as well if anyone has any.

TK
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
slimmie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB e92 335i

OSS Design angels are soo yumm....

The only bad part is your down a car for a week or so since you have to remove your headlights and ship them

They should take a trip out to cali and set up shop here for a few to get all the cali ppl covered.. I kno I would do this mod for sure if it was simple in and out procedure
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
yooooooo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

OSS is awesome,
look how much sun light there is on the passenger side, and the AE are still soo visible
other kits show you pictures of their angel eyes in the dark, cause you can hardly see them during the day

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #13
x-noize
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 alpine white 335i

get em you wont be dissapointed
      11-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Upgrading to the OSS set up voids your headlight warranty right?
      11-14-2009, 03:47 AM   #15
tkillips
Casual Modder
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@F1 Autohaüs View Post
Lux H8 or Angel iBright would best suit your description.

The custom OSS Designs setup is another option if you want to break neck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Also check out the WeissLicht system, we tested them against the RD units to be brighter
Am strongly considering these, there just doesn't seem to be enough pictures out there at the moment for me personally. I would love to see more pictures on customer cars if you have any

I'd be totally up for the OSS Design setup if it was plug and play (I realize this isn't realistic), I just feel like the whole process of detaching my headlights and sending them in would render my car useless for a while as well as be fairly difficult to do. I absolutely love the way they look and am looking for something as similar to the OSS as possible. Again, I realize the engineering of the OSS is far more complicated than most others hence having to ship it in, but humor me . And yes, breaking neck is a brilliant description of what I'm after

Something I forgot to mention in my first post was that I have an e92, which eliminates LUX which was a strong contender

Which headlights are these?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #16
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

lux h8s are designed for the e92s

Quote:
Am strongly considering these, there just doesn't seem to be enough pictures out there at the moment for me personally. I would love to see more pictures on customer cars if you have any

I'd be totally up for the OSS Design setup if it was plug and play (I realize this isn't realistic), I just feel like the whole process of detaching my headlights and sending them in would render my car useless for a while as well as be fairly difficult to do. I absolutely love the way they look and am looking for something as similar to the OSS as possible. Again, I realize the engineering of the OSS is far more complicated than most others hence having to ship it in, but humor me . And yes, breaking neck is a brilliant description of what I'm after

Something I forgot to mention in my first post was that I have an e92, which eliminates LUX which was a strong contender

11-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #17
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:

Will you be around the Bay Area soon? You can stop on by to see the WL units in person
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #18
tkillips
Casual Modder
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine 335i View Post
lux h8s are designed for the e92s
I've been looking at pictures of these and they look a bit too close to stock for my taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Will you be around the Bay Area soon? You can stop on by to see the WL units in person
I will be back in the bay area in about a month, got to finish out this semester and then I'll be driving up for about a month If I don't have the headlight situation figured out by then I'll definitely be stopping by

Out of curiosity, how long does the whole OSS process take?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #19
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by burberry View Post
i was told that some codes are let through in earlier 07 E90's. If that was the case I wouldn't be able to get the LEDs without the error codes. Can someone give a little more explanation?
No error codes for the E90s if you're getting the LUX 4.0 (bluer light) or LUX 5.0 (whiter light).

Btw, this thread is for the E92/E93.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #20
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

no error codes on all DTEC's , e90/e91/e92/e93. just to name a few
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #21
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
no error codes on all DTEC's , e90/e91/e92/e93. just to name a few
LUX is pretty bright at night, but you see a good reduction in perceived output under the sun. This is unfortunately due to the design of the OEM angel eye system. As much as Marc has try to mitigate the problem by appropriately designing the LUX to get maximum light output, we are still stuck with a poor baseline design by BMW.

The OSS angel eyes obviously don't fade in the sun. It's basically a ring of LED modules behind the angel eye plastic tubing, so they illuminate both rings evenly without any hassles. I have included a pic from my testing of the OSS headlight yesterday:

Bottom line is, if you want easy / hassle free install / full reversibility in minutes, go with LUX H8 PnP. If you don't mind sending out your headlight or getting a spare set for the upgrade, the OSS system is the way to go. Mike@F1 and Luis@OSS are easy to deal with.
      11-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #22
fuzion23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i Coupe Space Grey

Hi Kev,
Fo you know where we can get spare E92 headlights at a decent price?
Appreciate 0