E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Aussie PM should be king of the world?

09-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
lons
Lons
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport edition - carbon

Aussie PM should be king of the world?

Just been sent this. I asume it's true and at risk of upsetting people - I wholeheartedly agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

This man should be appointed King of the World. Truer words have never been spoken.

This should be a world wide rule. If you want to move to any country and become part of that country...WELCOME, But if want to change anything in that new country you wish to live in ...GOODBYE

It took a lot of courage for this man to speak what he had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least he was willing to take a stand on his and Austrilia's beliefs. Yes, allow those that want to come, to come. But understand that if you want to go to a country not of your birth, you should expect to live by their rules and respect their ways of life. This doesn't mean you have to give up yours. I think he explains it very well.

Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Attached Images

09-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

I think most Muslims believe in God as well

I agree with everything he said culturally, but he let himself down by suggesting that the Christian God is more legitimate than anyone elses God.

In my opinion, if there is a God, then I doubt very much that he could care less what religion we follow.

Most people choose a religion almost exclusively as a result of the culture they are born into.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
That email has been doing the rounds for aaggeessss. I like it.
      09-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Also, Kudos to the Prime Minister of Palau, the first person with the bollocks to tell everyone else to leave his sharks the fuck alone.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
i like aswell!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Great bloke and I appreciate plain speaking, common sense words from a Politician.

I can't imagine Broon or Har'person' saying anything like that lest it might offend someone...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Well said that man!!

I am getting sick and tired of not wanting to offend anyone, and it is only the extreme nuts that are ever offended anyway, not the everyday folk that live here and just happen to have parents or grandparents from another place.

One thing though, he doesn't mention the Aboriginals does he??
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
lons
Lons
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
I think most Muslims believe in God as well

I agree with everything he said culturally, but he let himself down by suggesting that the Christian God is more legitimate than anyone elses God.

In my opinion, if there is a God, then I doubt very much that he could care less what religion we follow.

Most people choose a religion almost exclusively as a result of the culture they are born into.
I absolutely agree and as I'm an atheist (I think) I'm happy for people to believe and follow what they like.
I DON'T like feeling that I'm now part of an ethnic minority in my own country and that my rights are being erroded by the do gooders.

Just wish our unelected PM had the balls to say live by English laws. (but he's Scottish and hasn't any balls anyway).

Nothing at all against the Scots, some of my best mates are of that nationality.
      09-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
Mud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lons View Post
I DON'T like feeling that I'm now part of an ethnic minority in my own country
Eh? Something like 85% of the population is 'White British'.

you feel like a minority even though 50 odd million people are the same colour and culture as you?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Top bloke
      09-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I don't think his comments about Christian things on the walls of the schools were meant to mean that other faiths didn't count. I think he meant that since the majority of Australians are currently Christian, there is no need to be self conscious about showing it - a bit like the crazies in local government here who banned reference to Christmas at Christmas time lest it offend the sensibilities of those of other religions.

Ironic of course that those of other other religions weren't in the least offended but are now convinced that some in authority are completely bonkers.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

Now that bloke knows what he is talking about!! Thats what it should be like in every country if your not native to that country you should live to there values and way of life obviously not forgetting your own but like he said no one forces you to live in that country!

He should run the world!

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
lons
Lons
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Eh? Something like 85% of the population is 'White British'.

you feel like a minority even though 50 odd million people are the same colour and culture as you?
Yeah - and I'm one of them.

My point, although I didn't make it well is that our culture and values are being erroded in favour of foriegn immigrants settling in the UK. Additionally, the English receive less benefit than the Scots and Welsh.

How is it possible that the English are governed by a large percentage of Scots but not be allowed to place English MPs into Scottish parliament. Even more ludicrous that we have an unelected Scottish PM!
Is he biased towards his constituants back home - you bet you ass he is!

The balance has tipped so much due to do gooders and political correctness that I can feel in a minority (sheer numbers notwithstanding). I'm not the only one if conversations in the pub are anything to go by.

I'd add that I am definately not racist in my outlook and welcome anyone who can contribute but surely they MUST abide by the laws of the nation and integrate rather than attempt change.

Surely the Aussie PM is only stating what many of the public feel. Unlike our gutless politicians he isn't afraid to put his beliefs on the line instead of punting for popular votes all the time!

I would never deliberately racially abuse anyone but should I do so particularly regarding the colour of their skin, I would probably be arrested. Not so if the reverse happened and I was called a white ??

The blame lies squarely with government and soft attitude. The system is crap but we are so far down the line I fear it's too late to retrieve.
      09-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon
How is it possible that the English are governed by a large percentage of Scots but not be allowed to place English MPs into Scottish parliament. Even more ludicrous that we have an unelected Scottish PM!
Is he biased towards his constituants back home - you bet you ass he is!
What are you saying? If you aren't English, you can't hold a senior position in the British government?

The English can't place English MPs in the Scottish parliament? - Place! What happened to democracy then - does it only apply to England?

An Englishman can easily become an MP in the Scottish parliament by standing at an election and getting voted in - same as anywhere else!

Unelected Scottish PM? Let's see, Prime Ministers who got to that office without being voted in.

Harald McMillan who succeeded Sir Anthony Eden
Lord Home who succeeded Harold McMillan.
Jim Callaghan who succeeded Harold Wilson.
John Major who succeeded Margaret Thatcher.

It's not that he's unelected that's getting up your nose, it's because he's Scottish - that's pretty clear.

As for looking after his own constituency with a special bias - no. He doesn't give a rat's arse about it - doesn't have the time. Besides, that area would vote labour even if a dessicated carrot was standing for election.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 04:46 AM   #15
lons
Lons
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
It's not that he's unelected that's getting up your nose, it's because he's Scottish - that's pretty clear.
Knew I'd get up some Scotman's nose! - Touchy lot you guys north of the border.

Actually your assessment of my opinion isn't true. I may be English and proud of it despite my comments but have Scottish blood and very close relatives who are Scots as well as a number of close friends of the same nationality. (Yes I do have friends)!

All that gets me about England / Scotland is that we have to pay for further education, many medical drugs etc. etc. which is not the case in your neck of the woods.

Not saying the scots are wrong - just that if we are one nation then it should be equal. Brown continually refers to the "UK" and "British" people. Not th English and the Scots.

And I stand by my statement that "Broony" is biased. Strange that a number of contracts have headed north and could easily have been done elsewhere.

I also live in an area where the majority would vote labour whatever - daft bastards!
      09-26-2009, 05:33 AM   #16
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

That has been my outlook forever. I dont mind anyone from any country, any creed, skin colour or religion seeking a better life in the UK but dont tell me my children cant dress up as father xmas at school because the fucking muslims will get offended. If you dont like our lifestyle then FUCK OFF back to where you came from.

Im moving to AUSTRAILIA.
      09-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #17
Geoffo
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Something else..

Top man that Aussie PM..

We have lots of immigrants over here as well (Belgium) , mainly from Turkey & Morocco.
A lot of these immigrants don't want to fit in with our society & are already asking for street names to be changed so they sound more Turkish/Arabic, there own schools & even there own Police force (!)..This is unacceptable.
The majority of Belgians have no problem with immigrants who want to fit in with the rest of us.

If they don't like it here,then they need to F*CK OFF to where they came from..

+1 Steve A on the Father Xmas thing..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 05:46 AM   #18
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Although I have lived in Scotland and have the accent, I'm actually Northern Irish and therefore not particularly infected with that specific Scottish stereotype.

As usual when stereotypes are used - from all corners against other corners, there is a real shortage of facts and plenty of fiction.

Tuition fees DO apply in Scotland but don't get reported very clearly. The fees are merely delayed until the graduate gets a job and he has to start paying them back once his salary reaches (I think) £15k per annum but that "no tuition fee" myth seems to persist in England.

What's more, until 18 months ago, the minute a student graduated, (s)he or rather their parents were presented with a bill of just over £2,000 which had to be paid immediately as a "contribution to future students" - and still owed every penny of the fees and whatever debt (s)he had racked up.

As for contracts going north, work has been placed in specific areas for political reasons for centuries and in an un-biased system will sometimes go north or south. - How's about the time Rosyth was dumped for nuclear submarine work and was given to a yard in Portsmouth - which didn't even have the infrastructure to carry out the work at the time! You probably didn't complain then.

What really gets up my nose - and it applies no matter where you are or who you are, is the way sound bites by the Media - or reported by the media become, when repeated enough, received wisdom - like the tuition fees for example.

When the Poll tax was abolished and we went back to rateable values, Scotland got it's standard re-valuations at the specified interval but England missed two lots of re-valuations because the government of the time were worried about a political backlash (they didn't give a shit if Scotland complained since they were Tories) with the result that equivalent houses in Scotland and England had the Scottish house at twice the rate the English house paid. To this day, the council tax for an English house is still substantially less than an equivalent house in Scotland. You no doubt don't like the level of council tax you pay - and quite right - but you wouldn't like our council tax levels at all.

And if anyone wants to throw in the "fact" that the Scots, per capita get more from the public purse than the English, this is another sound bite.

The figures concerned are not based upon ALL public spending. The figure excludes all military costs, all costs of parliament in London, including buildings (remember the MPs office block built in London at a cost of £600m? - not included.) Other, smaller departments are also excluded from the calculation, the vast majority of whose budgets are spent in England. (Military is probably only 80% rather than the 90% suggested by population as several large bases are in Scotland because they weren't wanted in England - too much of a military target.)

Reverse stereotypes are also true - not enough information, too many sound bites. It behoves us all, not to take too much as gospel.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #19
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
How's about the time Rosyth was dumped for nuclear submarine work and was given to a yard in Portsmouth - which didn't even have the infrastructure to carry out the work at the time! You probably didn't complain then.
As a small point of order(fact) in your post. The work was actually moved to Devonport (Plymouth) not Portsmouth. This was a highly politicised decision made by John Majors Tory Govt, not hard to see why, when the Tories have hardly any votes in Scotland and Gordon Brown's constituency was adjacent to the Rosyth yard. It was a crap decision (and I am a Tory!).
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
That has been my outlook forever. I dont mind anyone from any country, any creed, skin colour or religion seeking a better life in the UK but dont tell me my children cant dress up as father xmas at school because the fucking muslims will get offended. If you dont like our lifestyle then FUCK OFF back to where you came from.

Im moving to AUSTRAILIA.
Stevie + 1 from me.

Your sentiments probably echo the thoughts of the overwelming majority of the indigenous population of the UK. No (mainstream) politician of any persuasion has the bollocks to say it.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #21
craig2859
Black .... all the way !!
Rep
Drives: [Previous]2006 330d M-Sport

Garage List
Well said, and I am sure that is the thought of a lot of English People too.

I am not racist at all, however that is how it should be, simple.

If you want to move to our country then live by our rules and learn the language ..... not much to ask for.

I have been all over the Middle east with my job as a soldier, and we always have to abide by there rules 100%.

If a westerner goes to a Muslim country, and commits one of there crimes .... look what happens.

Can you imagine if a group of westerners went to a muslim country and set up a christian church, and started to carry out peaceful demonstrations ..... I would give it an hour.

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #22
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Steve, no muslim I know would get upset about kids dressing up as Santa or other at Christmas. It's the bleeding heart liberal, political correct squad who "don't want to upset others" - thus supplying a need that doesn't exist.

Peter, I couldn't remember where the work moved to so I just picked Portsmouth
Appreciate 0