E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Fields BMW Orlando

08-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Fields BMW Orlando

Prejudice people best to avoid.

i went with my dad to see the new 330i, and we parked out 750i behind a X5 so the people in the showroom didnt see what car we came in.

we come in, and no one helps, even asked a woman sitting doing nothing to help, and nope.

so when we leave they see what car we are driving, they sent that woman, and she tells us that she is very sorry, and was "busy" she keeps asking us not to leave. left with a bad taste in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #2
arnie
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d auto

hi sorry to hear about your bad experience at that dealer, but it happened to me at a merc dealer and an bmw dealer 4years ago in sa
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
neonsign
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325i, Auto, SG, be

Fields BMW experience

I liked the "soft-sell " approach from Fields. I enjoyed taking my time to check out the cars without a sales person hovering over me. When I was ready, the sales lady assisted me when I asked and even arranged a test drive on the spot. While I waited, I had the free coffee and danish they provided and checked out the other BMWs. Too many car sales people will jump on a customer as soon as he/she enters the showroom, or even before one opens the door of the dealership. If you want the "hard-sell" go elsewhere, say General Motors.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep

Thats ignorant to say, because we were looking at cars, so what the customer is supposed to beg the salesman to help them? At least come over to the customer and ask if you can help them. Thats not jumping, thats doing your job.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2005, 08:54 PM   #5
E24
DUBYA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328I - 6MT

I'm not a fan. However they are the only game in town and know it. For a big city like Orlando it's odd that they only have one BMW dealer - used to have two. The dealership is rebuilding but is currently a dump. I guess they do an OK job. I have a friend who swears by them but I'm not at all impressed.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
ihavedrivenanm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ['02 e46] '06 e90

Without getting into anecdotal revelations of good or bad service let me say this: Field's has the facilities, personnel and experience to provide top quality sales and after-sales service.

As they are in fact "the only game in town" you as the buyer will likely have to work a bit harder to ensure that you actually receive this top level of service. Hint: yelling as a first response to a problem is not a good way to start the process; understandable perhaps but not prudent.

Yes, it is a bit sad that in a city of 2 million people a BMW owner must kiss a little butt but such is the reality of [under warranty] BMW ownership in Central Florida.

Additionally, Orlando never really had two dealerships. Fields is the only follow-on authorized dealer to Louis Motorcars.

Louis was an interesting place. In fact they are the reason for my handle as in fact it was there, in 1983 that I, as a 15-year old [w/learner's permit in pocket] was able to "drive" the late '81 red w/black interior M1 they had. Admittedly "drive" here involved a few laps around both theirs and a larger adjacent lot.

I once asked a BMW-NA rep why Orlando still only had one authorized dealer. His answer: "As long as Field's keeps their local sales penetration high against Lexus/Infiniti/MB/Audi they will be allowed to have continued exclusive rights to Central Florida."

I then asked him: "So, even if I had $5 million in hand and wanted to open a BMW dealership here I would be told no?"

"Yup" was his answer. He then said, almost sotto voce, that the fact that Field's owns 5 other BMW dealerships around the country and were in fact one of BMW-NA's biggest customers was also a factor.

Don't look for any competition to Field's in Orlando for some time to come...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
E24
DUBYA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328I - 6MT

I went to college at Stetson University during the late 80's. Louis was outstanding...out of this world I might add. Fields is a dump. I don't give a rat's ass about how many dealers they have in the US. BMW should do things right. You're right - nothing will change. I have seen the politics of dealerships before. That's why I hardly (if ever) purchase a car locally. As exressed, my friend loves the place. If you want to pay MSRP for a car or $200 under they will kiss you butt. I'm sure that the place will be beautiful after the remodel. It will still be the only game in town. I would shop elsewhere, get a decent deal, and use the money saved on your vehicle purchase to subsidize the Enterprise rental if they refuse to give you a loaner. Either way you are ahead of the game. This dealership is both pompous and arrogant. Maybe that appeals to the average BMW owner - not me.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2005, 09:53 PM   #8
marcg
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I just purchased an 06 330i from Fields and must say it was the Best car buying experience I have had!! No other dealer I spoke to would even touch the deal Fields gave me. I was able to get $1000 over True Invoice (no maco or training), base rate money factor, base acq.fee, no sec. deposit and free floor mats!! My sales guy was not EVER pushy and very easy to deal with. If anyone is in the market for a new BMW send me an e-mail (mginter250@yahoo.com) and I will give you my sales guy name and some insight.

Marc
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 02:54 PM   #9
Ed_330i
Lieutenant
Rep

they arent the only game in town.

If you drive alittle bit north you can go to Tom Bush in JAX.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #10
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

my older brother is 22 and he lives in orlando. Hes told me how much he hates them. Im sure that if you are an old man and look wealthy they would treat you accordingly, but nowadays people that have money dont have to look like they do. He said that the first time he went in there in his friends car (a VW) that they tried to make him leave for getting in the car and "making marks on the paint job". He raised hell for the sales guy with BMWNA and suposedly had a rep from NA call to repremand the salesman. My family has purchesed many many BMW's (right now we have 4 soon to be 5) and it seems to be a reoccuring event wherever you go if you dont look like your old and have money. I will admit there is an exception for our home dealership in Ft. Myers where they treat me like a god (im 17) because they know how many cars we buy... but i would imagine that is normal for them to treat you better where they know you buy cars.

In defence of the dealership, they did treat him better once his whole "situation" was taken car of. He also mentioned how they were very stingy when it came to considering something under waranty, but when it was fixed they did a very respectable job.

the porter- my brother fits your story, 22 year old in a X5 4.6is

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2005, 02:27 AM   #11
ihavedrivenanm1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_330i

[cough][/cough]

You call 180 miles in terrible traffic [I-4 to I-95] "a bit to the North"?

That's like calling San Diego a suburb of L.A.

Sorry, but more than 2-hours in traffic is a bit much for regular service [not to mention spur of the moment irregular service].
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #12
marcg
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Fields

I just took delivery of our 06 330i from fields in Orlando. The delivery process was just as smooth as the buying process. They didn't try to overly push a bunch of add-on products in the F&I office. I also found it to be a much smoother process by having a pre-approval from BMWFS for a lease. This is our second BMW purchase from a Central Florida dealer and this buying experience at Fields was FAR better than that of another dealer which is in Daytona. I will also report on how well the service issues will be handled at Fields as well in the future. A lot of times a good buying experience is soon forgotten with poor service. If anyone has any questions on dealing with Fields feel free to send me a PM. Congrats to Rick Coles at Fields for winning a long time customer!!!

Marc Ginter
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #13
rickb
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 06 325i

I have had both good and bad experiences at Fields.

My initial buying experience about 5 years ago was pretty good - bought a CPO 1998 M3 and was happy with the overall transaction.

About 3 years ago I went in to pick up the new M3 I had ordered and had such a horrible experience I walked away and leased a Mercedes.

I was recently convinced to give it another try, and so took out a short lease on a new 325i - sort of a chance to regain me as a customer. My salesman - Carlos - was really great, and he basically said when the car needs anything, call him and he will have one of his assitants take care of it. Service? They come get the car. Scheduled Maintenance? They come and get the car. So we'll see - if things happen as he says, in 2 years I'll be looking for another M from him. If not, I guess it'll be back to MB.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #14
inabis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Fields is the WORST dealership I have ever been to. They tried to screw my friend over by saying that they were giving him a "deal" on his car $300 under KBB. My friend then decided to sell the car on Ebay and when my friend told the salesman he said in a threatening manner, and I quote: "I bet everything that you wont be able to sell your car. You would be so lucky to get even what I'm giving you for this car." Needless to say, my friend sold his car $1200 over KBB and then bought his E90 from Lynch Imports at Daytona. Lynch has a much better atmosphere and they dont treat you like you don't exist. Bottom line: Fields sucks and Lynch is the shiznit!!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #15
marketman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 323it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_330i

Or closer -- just east by 1 hr is The Imported Car Store in Melbourne

JAX is almost 3 hrs from the big O.
      03-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #16
Beto Pereira
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

i had a bad experience in melbourne fl.

wanted a BMW 325i (or 330i) really bad, went to the dealership here in my town...(should have gone to other places)... the salesman and the finance manager treated me like i was an ignorant, uneducated person. they acted... and even told me they were doing me a favor charging me so much for a lease (they were charging me over $100 more/month than other places were charging me over the phone). the finance guy wouldn't even shake my hand, what an a$$.

not even that... when i talked to the sales guy, we had agreed on a number for my trade in (i was even asking less than what kbb, nada, and edmunds were asking for dealer trade in - i was asking 2200 instead of 3100). but anyways... we agreed on 2200 and when he finally put the numbers down on the contract... he was only giving me 500 for it. i guess he was hoping i wouldn't notice it.

i ended up not getting a bmw, because of the people that work there. after my current lease ends... i might try a new dealership. i hear the one in fort pierce is really good.

i just ended up going to continental and got me a mb clk 350, fully loaded for a better price than what they wanted to charge me for a car that is 16k less expensive.

btw... the service and the people at continental are awesome. and my new car is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #17
DeepGreenE90
Your Daddy
Rep
Drives: E90/ZSP/DeepGreen/Terra/6spd

Thats funny Beto...I followed your previous thread about "buying your BMW"...thought you had ordered the car. In fact, It sounded like you had come to a deal, agreeed on number, ordered the car....Then asked everyone if it was a good deal. Were you not the one who wanted to renegotiate after already coming to a deal...HOW PROFESSIONAL...No wonder you got treated like shit. You deserved it.
How much of the dealers time did you waste? If you wanted to be treated like an educated person...maybe you should have educated YOURSELF before you went into the dealership instead of looking to this thread for advice..I wouldn't have shaken you hand either. ENJOY YOUR CHRYSLER. What are you even doing on a BMW Forum? Your full of

Last edited by DeepGreenE90; 03-28-2006 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #18
marketman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 323it

Looks like you still don't have that BMW you wanted.

really sad situation -- You got rolled by Mercedes.

There was dealer cash on that car you bought.

Looks like you left about 4500.00 on the table.
      06-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #19
ihavedrivenanm1
Private First Class
Rep

OK, Gotta say it: Fields service has exceeded my expectations...So far.

Brought my car in for the first time [save a voluntary oil change at 3,000] for a bad noise/rattle [sound coming from the rear, a sound as if the rear door isn't closed fully].

It took Fields’ three times to fix: [1] re-adjusted door latches per service bulletin, [2] replaced slip-fold down latch, and [3] fixed whatever the problem really was.

Yes it was a pain to have to come back three times but I did get a free loaner each time and the service people seemed genuinely concerned/apologetic.

Now, some might be saying that this was just what standard good service should be and nothing more...and I agree. But we all know that the realities of BMW service often leave much to be desired.

Also, as an aside, I commented to the service manager that the build and material quality of the e90 was not terribly good, that the cheap materials inside were not holding up very well and this on a car with only 6,500 miles.

He agreed with me on the material quality [no comment on build quality] and told me that BMW had given them a presentation explaining that the poor qualities of the interior materials on the e90 were because "BMW did not use any environmentally unfriendly/non-biodegradable materials and unfortunately these materials are inherently less durable - but we [they] feel that the trade-off is worth it."

Now, this might be true, this might be horse-shit, but either way it strikes me that if true then BWM should be compelled to advertise this "fact" so that the consumer themselves could decide whether or not to go ahead and spend nearly $50K on a car with sub-standard interior materials as a trade off for being environmentally responsible.

Quite frankly [again, if this is true] I feel that BMW has to some degree pulled one over on us.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #20
Ghenges
Rep
Drives: Shopping around.

Damn, so I'm reading mixed reviews from Fields in Orlando. I'm in the market right now and I'm looking at a 330i. I'm a first time buyer and I still drive my college car (1998 Suzuki Sidekick Sport). The way some of you guys are describing the place it seems like I wouldn't have a chance and anyone even looking at me if I walk in there. My only hope is since that some of these replies go as far back as last year that maybe they have changed for the better and have not gotten worse. If anyone who had a good experience know the salesperson that helped them out and have contact info (E-mail preferably) then hit me up at GhengesK@yahoo.com.

Same thing with anyone who had a good experience in the Melbourne dealership. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 06:54 AM   #21
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Hey how about we put BEto and deep green in aroomalone and look at it on closed circut damn fellas relax
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #22
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

dealt with Rick Coles over at Fields...

I'm extremely happy with the experience
Appreciate 0