E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > How To RE INSTALL factory intake on 335i??

09-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

How To RE INSTALL factory intake on 335i??

I am removing my AFE dual cone air filter and putting back the factory....it appears that both hoses are too short and doesnt reach the air box!!!!!
any ideas???
I searched the threads but came up empty handed....
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Push them from under the hoses up and down, while pulling/pushing into the stock intake tubes on the airbox. Once you have the hoses onto the intake tubes, use one hand to pull/push the hose while using another hand to use a flathead or something on the clamp to put it into place. Its def a little tricky, just keeping playing with the hoses.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

Im letting you know now, that its extremely tedious. Once you get one hose in, the other slips out...GL bruh.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
Highflyr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i E90

try tightning the clamp on the first one so it doesn't slip out?
      09-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

thx for the responses fellas!!.....
I got the fucking thing on....and what a pain in the ass!!!
I did the rear hose first by moving it side to side.....hard to get a grip with the tiny workspace....but it went in.
the front one, which should of been easier was a bitch. I grabbed a hair dryer and heated the end of it for a minute or so....made it a little better to work with.......it simply slid in from that point.
I took it for a quick run and i must say, it runs so much smoother....I think the word that comes to mind is that it feels "cleaner"....it may not make sense....but its the way it felt.....weird!
im going to leave in the air scoops for now as I dont think the dealership will notice....but ill tell ya one thing.......I am not putting back on the DCI again!
again....thx for the responses.....much appreciated!!!
cheers, Shiggy
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
thx for the responses fellas!!.....
I got the fucking thing on....and what a pain in the ass!!!
I did the rear hose first by moving it side to side.....hard to get a grip with the tiny workspace....but it went in.
the front one, which should of been easier was a bitch. I grabbed a hair dryer and heated the end of it for a minute or so....made it a little better to work with.......it simply slid in from that point.
I took it for a quick run and i must say, it runs so much smoother....I think the word that comes to mind is that it feels "cleaner"....it may not make sense....but its the way it felt.....weird!
im going to leave in the air scoops for now as I dont think the dealership will notice....but ill tell ya one thing.......I am not putting back on the DCI again!
again....thx for the responses.....much appreciated!!!
cheers, Shiggy
I hear ya ......... I went back to the OEM box with a MS drop-in & the power feels stronger ....... especially in the higher RPM range. Mileage took a dive though.

Just purchased a UR CAI so hopefully the best of both worlds are soon to be found under the hood.

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

I love the sound my DCI makes :P
Especially when it's decently cold out

swooshh
lol

I never thought about putting the stock one back on...
Appreciate 0