BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
italy430
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 2000 328i

I will NEVER... EVER... buy from Umnitza again

***Class-action lawsuit information included below in thread***

Just like the title says, I will never buy from them again. They seem to run a shady, scam type of business with very poor business practices and HORRIBLE customer service, yet they say they have "devilishly good" service.

I will tell you about my situation with Umnitza and will include photos, videos and a complete email transcript of my conversation with Umnitza. The email attached is a 30 page long Word document which includes the dates and times of emails and is only there to back up my statements in this post. It doesn't include every single email conversation that I have had with Umnitza but the "Gmail conversation" attached is whole and complete in its entirety, I have only removed my last name, email address and mailing address for privacy concerns. I haven't modified Umnitza's emails at all since all their contact information is public. I am not trying to hide anything and will be fully honest about everything. I'm just telling the facts about what happened.

I bought the headlights December 24th, 2008. When I first received them I noticed that there were a number of things wrong with them. I should first say that one of the problems I say in the email is that they shipped both female ends but I found out that they had shipped the proper ends, I just didn’t put them together properly at first. I first noticed that the ballasts were damage with huge dents all over on both sides of both ballasts. These ballasts are made of very strong aluminum it looks like and you would have to smash them with a hammer or screwdriver to make these kind of dents. Pictures included. There were also other parts on it that were broken and the light bulb had fallen out because it was not proper secured and had been scratched from rolling around in the shipping box. I had these replaced and eventually got them in my hands. Umnitza also claims that one package kept getting bounced by USPS because of an “invalid” address, yet previous parts from Umnitza, as well as every other USPS, UPS, FedEx package I’ve had shipped to the address worked perfectly. It’s Ship Happens in Sumas, WA which is a mail handler and since I live in Canada it’s easier to have it shipped to Sumas and go across the border and pick it up. I eventually paid to have it shipped to Canada but I do find it quite strange that all of a sudden it just didn’t work. I still don’t know what happened and in no way was I trying to “blame” Umnitza for USPS bouncing it, which I stated to them many times throughout the email, but Umnitza instead refused to reply to my other concerns and only focuses on the fact that they believe it wasn’t their fault for the shipping. Unprofessional, poor service.

If you start reading on page 21 with the email on Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 3:22 PM you will get to the meat of the email. You will be able to tell that I had gotten very frustrated with the horrible service and the very unprofessional attitude that Umnitza was using to deal with the situation. They had tried to blame the damage to the lights on shipping and that it wasn’t their fault when the lights were wrapped extremely well with bubble wrap and thick foam pieces surrounding it and with zero damage to even the fragile cardboard box that it was packed in. Being very firm I laid out what exactly was false advertising with the help of a friend who is a legal assistant and requested that I have these returned with a full refund. I was then accused of blackmail by Umnitza because I stated in the email that I would also be posting on the forums about my experience, which by the way I didn’t, this will be my first post regarding this. I then corrected him in the next email with the proper legal definition of blackmail as well as extortion to make sure I covered everything. As you might be able to tell, this is a very unprofessional manner to deal with customers, especially of accusing a customer of blackmail, a serious criminal offence. After my email on Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM I was then told that Matt, the owner of Umnitza, would contact me Friday to discuss this.

On the phone I discussed with Matt that I was very unhappy with the service and that I wanted a refund. Matt remarked that I seemed a lot nicer on the phone than the emails that he must have read before calling me. I told Matt that yes I am, and I’m a reasonable guy but I don’t like to be screwed around with and if I need to I would take legal action. So we talked and we worked out a deal that Umnitza would give me a new headlight assembly, a mistake on my part. So eventually I got the headlight and started putting them in. I’ve run into nothing but problems (what’s new?!) while trying to install them and even took it to my indy shop and my main mechanic I always go to for everything said he wouldn’t touch it and to take it back to where I got it from. Then I noticed that the right xenon light stopped working completely. I was absolutely infuriated. I just sent Matt at Umnitza an email requesting that I have them refunded and that I will be contacting a consumer agency if I don’t have a reply within 2 weeks from September 13, 2009.

I understand that I have made a few mistakes with dealing with a company like this and being able to look over the whole situation there are many things I would change, like I would have demanded a refund from the start. However, I’m sure you will be able to see why I am very frustrated with this and hopefully I’ll be able to resolve this soon without having to deal with lawyers, as it is just more of a headache for me as well as for Umnitza.

I also understand that Umnitza seems to be very well regarded. In fact, one of my friends bought Angel eyes from Umnitza and is very pleased with them. However, I have been able to find more than a few people on the internet, like myself, that have had some bad experiences with Umnitza. I have since ordered OEM xenon replacement headlights from Tischer BMW, which are listed at $1855.86, which is more than THREE times the list price of $609.98 from Umnitza for the headlights I ordered. I have no problem spending the money to buy something good and I will continue to buy OEM as I have had pretty much nothing but problems with the majority of my aftermarket purchases. Nothing beats OEM fit and quality!!

The reason for this post is to gain some support and to inform the public of a problem with Umnitza, similar to filing a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs or BBB.org.

Media, 30 page Gmail conversion in Word format and website receipt for Umnitza purchase:

http://picasaweb.google.com/leslie.j...eat=directlink

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d...5965eaa7bc68bc

Last edited by italy430; 09-16-2009 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Nice but...how is this related to Coupe and Convertible General Discussion
Do they even sell parts outside of the E36/46 realm?
      09-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
italy430
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
Nice but...how is this related to Coupe and Convertible General Discussion
Do they even sell parts outside of the E36/46 realm?
The reason i decided to post here is because it isn't specific to the E36/46 and not even specific to BMW. Umnitza sells part for a variety of car makes. It was also to get a little more attention and to get some support from people with similar experiences. All I want is to resolve this and get my money back and move on. This is obviously "bad press" for Umnitza but I don't intend it solely in that fashion. If I had gotten my money back and this solved, I wouldn't have even bothered to post about my bad experience with them.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

you should put this in the general auto/bmw section, that way it is spread across all forums in the bimmerpost community
      09-14-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Belongs in vendor feedback section. It was specifically designed for threads like this.

Sorry for all of the hassle you've gone through though!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
italy430
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Dear italy430,

umnitza has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - I will NEVER... EVER... buy from Umnitza again - in the Vendor Comments & Supporting Vendor Info presented by Dell forum of Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum.

This thread is located at:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...9&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
All our emails are confidential and proprietary between us and the customer. Even despite this, the email stream only shows how big of an effort was made to meet all your demands: we never wavered from our professionalism in solving your issues.

Often, what ends up being lost in translation is the fact that the products you are/may purchase from either us or other vendors are invariably replicas of OE parts and/or custom built to order parts that take time to assemble. While we make every conceivable effort to ensure they meet the OE parts standards, some customers cannot be pleased.

One thing you need to be aware of is our return policy does not accept parts that have been installed (and used for over 4 months), however, we were of course willing to help you with the product problem you were experiencing.

There will be no refund offered for parts that were installed on your car however if you want to discuss this via phone only, we'll be happy to do so.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
it seems Umnitza's response somehow got deleted so I posted it back up with my response...

"Often, what ends up being lost in translation is the fact that the products you are/may purchase from either us or other vendors are invariably replicas of OE parts and/or custom built to order parts that take time to assemble." .... I don't believe there is anything lost in the translation whatsoever. You said that perfectly yet, like every response I seem to get from you, it NEVER directly answers my concerns about your company.

I will try and make this as clear and direct as possible so that I, as well as the ppl on this and other forums will be able to see that you really are trying to the best of your ability to assist your customers in their needs and concerns...... Please explain why I was shipped damaged ballasts. I do not need to hear that they aren't OEM parts and that you have other vendors that supply you. You advertised on your site a specific product that was "assumed" to be brand new and in perfect working condition and was advertised as being non-OEM. And "assumed" can be legally used from all the evidence I've documented so far. It is without a doubt that you are responsible for your final product that you provide the customer. I cannot imagine shipping a customer a clearly damaged product even if I had received the product, damaged, from my vendor.

A couple reasons I just ran over re-reading the email that shows that you DID NOT do your best to help (this is not a full representation of the problems or concerns I have with Umnitza):

1) I informed you that I had not received my clear film protectors for my headlights that I ordered at the same time. I sent the email on Jan 21, 2009 and to this date have still not received them. (You can add that to the refund amount.)

2) I asked you to provide me with a receipt showing that the value of the goods I was paying for was $0 for the replacement headlight you shipped so that I wouldn't have to pay Canada Customs twice for the same headlight. You did not provide me with any such receipt.

3) I should also point out that the interior LED lighting "kit" that I ordered and in the first part of the email said I wanted to return is because they didn't have enough bulbs in the "kit", the bulbs that they did have, most did not fit and/or had something wrong with the connectors and the "kit" I'm referring too is actually a small, worn out, clear plastic baggie with the lights just dumped in, rubbing against each other with no protection. Again, very misleading with your advertising. Umnitza, take a look at Bimmian, they know how to put a proper interior LED lighting "kit" together. And I didn't make a fuss about this to Umnitza. Umnitza also claimed this interior LED lighting kit has OEM fit and finish....

4) The turn signal lights that I ordered from Umnitza claim that they have OEM fit and finish. They DO NOT have OEM fit and finish! Again, I did not make a fuss about this. http://www.umnitza.com/depo-front-tu...ked-p-329.html

5) The LED tail lights that I ordered also claim OEM fit and finish, no error messages, complete plug and play, 1 year warranty and no dealer reflash required. Perfect!!... if only it was actually true. They barely have OEM fit and finish, better than the turn signals and headlights tho, I have error messages that even the dealer couldn't put out, obviously not plug and play then, and speaking of the 1 year warranty I have a whole row of LED lights in my left tail light burnt out as well as a row in my left rear turn signal. Please ship me replacement bulbs. If you would like pictures or anything like that I can send you some. http://www.umnitza.com/eagle-eyes-ta...nly-p-323.html

6) Not only has every single product that I've purchased from Umnitza had multiple problems with it, Umnitza has had extremely poor customer service and I'm sure will all the above information I don't need to go into the false advertising on Umnitza's part or the fact that I'm extremely frustrated with this company. I'm sure anyone in my current situation would be as well. And then one of my xenon lights stopped working and after fiddling with it for about 1 hour I couldn't get it to work so I decided that was it and sent and email to Umnitza which they still have not replied to, and posted on the forums.

You state that you have a 4 month return policy and that you don't accept products that have been installed. You forgot to state in that policy what happens when you sell false advertised products. I have more than enough reasons to demand a refund and I will keep pursuing this.

If this whole issue is not resolved by September 28, 2009 I will take further action.

This reply will be posted to the other forum sites as well as emailing a copy of it to Umnitza. If Umnitza would like to contact me by phone they may do so and have my contact information. You may coordinate a time with me to talk on the phone by email.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
sysfailur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Wow. I hate to profile people or companies just from another person's experience but this is pretty bad. I will certainly be watching this thread for more information.
      09-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
thanks for heads up

i was seriously thinking of pulling the trigger this week for lights from then
      09-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
italy430
Private
Canada
Rep

I'm considering a class-action lawsuit against Umnitza seeing as there are many people short money or product from Umnitza and I continue to find even more stories of it. It'd be more beneficial for everyone doing a class-action rather than trying to have all individual settlements.

If you have been or do know of anyone who has been screwed over by Umnitza, send them this info and get in contact with me, PM me. I'll be meeting with a lawyer in Seattle, WA on Monday to discuss the idea of a class-action lawsuit as well as an individual settlement.

As of now, Umnitza has told me they refuse to continue talking over email and I told Umnitza that I'd be willing to discuss things over the phone only if I recorded the calls. They rejected that. Funny how they don't want to discuss anything where it can be kept on record! Also, people that have contacted Umnitza, have you noticed their little speech at the end of all emails? It says everything in the email is protected under a US law. Interesting that, with all the companies I've dealt with before, I can't remember any one of them stating that in their emails. And especially from a company that deals with selling lights for cars! I could maybe see it from a lawyer or some sort of high class legal company but not Umnitza. Just little signs to watch out for.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
jsracerx
Jeff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 E36 M3 BMW

I am currently having very similar issues with this vendor on a set of HID fogs for my E36 M3. FYI - I also have discovered a good number of similar issues posted to the Maxima forum as well.

It has taken over 3 months to get the order fulfilled, then when installing the parts don't work. I have followed their instructions to rework the wiring on the parts shipped, and that still doesn't work. The best they will offer is for me to drive ~2 hours to their shop and pay them to install.

Basically nothing that I have been told over the numerous phone calls has been followed through, and the key element I specified and made clear of the lights being fully plug & play (no vehicle electrical modifications required) was accurate.

I will not recommend this vendor to anyone.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
Dtmpowerm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1998 E36 BMW M3 Cabrio

Thumbs up About Umnitza

As much as i enjoy notifications on bad companies i have to stand up for the people at Umnitza. My car club and myself have been dealing with Matt and his associates at that company for 7 years now. We shop there on a weekly basis and not once have i even had an issue with Umnitza. Now i dont know what company you're speaking of but their customer service has always been outstanding. Thats the main reason why soo many of my friends, family and business partners go there. I always suggest Umnitza to anyone looking for BMW or non BMW products and applications.Their prices are great and if i ever had an issue with a product or warranty they were always quick to resolve it. To this day I still go there at all hours from as early as 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and have seen houndreds upon hundreds of customers getting helped and are always satisfied afterwards. Even on Saturdays its will be packed. That is why it is such a popular business with great customer review. Now as a business owner myself i know that not everyone is going to be pleased, But very and i mean very rarely have i seen or heard someone say anything negative about this company. Regardless of what i may say here today it is only justified that i speak up because unlike this person ive dealt with them hundreds of times, not just once. and i say here that ive never had a bad experience. As my own BMW shows I am and always will be a loyal customer.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dtmpowerm; 02-16-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtmpowerm View Post
As much as i enjoy notifications on bad companies i have to stand up for the people at Umnitza. My car club and myself have been dealing with Matt and his associates at that company for 7 years now. We shop there on a weekly basis and not once have i even had an issue with Umnitza. Now i dont know what company you're speaking of but their customer service has always been outstanding. Thats the main reason why soo many of my friends, family and business partners go there. I always suggest Umnitza to anyone looking for BMW or non BMW products and applications.Their prices are great and if i ever had an issue with a product or warranty they were always quick to resolve it. To this day I still go there at all hours from as early as 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and have seen houndreds upon hundreds of customers getting helped and are always satisfied afterwards. Even on Saturdays its will be packed. That is why it is such a popular business with great customer review. Now as a business owner myself i know that not everyone is going to be pleased, But very and i mean very rarely have i seen or heard someone say anything negative about this company. Regardless of what i may say here today it is only justified that i speak up because unlike this person ive dealt with them hundreds of times, not just once. and i say here that ive never had a bad experience. As my own BMW shows I am and always will be a loyal customer.

You realize you lose a shit load of credibility as a 'legitimate customer' when you bump up a year old thread and this is your only post on the forum, and you go probably a bit overboard with the praise... right?

What this means to me, as an independent consumer. is that you're somehow affiliated with the company, did a google search, found this forum, and had to post to try to earn back your name.
Whether or not that's true, it's irrelevant from the consumer standpoint.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
SpaceG135i
WTF was that, Was it your car?
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i Space Grey Red Interi

No wonder your such a good super hero lol. But i agree with Freakzoid, little weird no for a little bit old post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
You realize you lose a shit load of credibility as a 'legitimate customer' when you bump up a year old thread and this is your only post on the forum, and you go probably a bit overboard with the praise... right?

What this means to me, as an independent consumer. is that you're somehow affiliated with the company, did a google search, found this forum, and had to post to try to earn back your name.
Whether or not that's true, it's irrelevant from the consumer standpoint.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
In my eyes I find it fishy. And with thousands of dollars of mine floating around for mods I would like to invest them in a company that has a better reputation.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceG135i View Post
No wonder your such a good super hero lol. But i agree with Freakzoid, little weird no for a little bit old post
Hahah thanks

Him not responding has officially sealed the deal in my eyes. this is nothing more than a company trying to save face
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #17
luis@ossdesigns
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

In defense of Umnitza, they have always done right with my dealings with them so no complains. I'm sure you can talk to Matt and come to a mutually beneficial agreement without all the unnecessary sh it slinging .

hope you can resolve it soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
kcchief_fan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 330Ci Conv

Same experience

I ordered
1 ea. Projector46 COUPE E46 04-06 FACELIFTED (CHROME or BLACK)

Headlight Type - Black
Car Model - 2004-2005 3-Series (E46) Coupe
Pre-Installed - FX-R Retrofit
Clear Film Protection - Headlight Only
Angel Eyes - Multi-Color Orion V2
Bulbs - Predator Xenix
Color - 4300K - Stock Xenon Color
Optional - Integrated LED Turn Signals (AMBER)
Xenon - FX-R Retrofit with Adapters 35W

Back on 20 November and was told (after calling to find out my status) on 20 Dec that the Multi-Color Orion V2 was on backorder and it would take 4 more weeks OR I could go with white and have it shipped in a few days. As of 11 Jan they hadn't shipped. Matt (owner) called me personally on the 12th and apologized (he had been gone over a month) and is handling the situation firsthand as he is disappointed in his staff. Although I will still be out the Christmas present for my wife, I'll be waiting to see the quality of the product and estimate of arrival being accurate. IF it arrives closely to estimated delivery time and the quality of the product is good it'll go a long way to making me a satisfied customer.

Last edited by kcchief_fan; 01-12-2012 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: Updated status
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #19
ImInHell
Rep
Drives: E90

Bumping for my horrible Umnitza review and experience in 2014

First of all I want to say that I am posting this thread not to bash or damage Umnitza or its owner but rather to warn any potential buyers from the horrible products quality and customer service of Umnitza and its owner Matt Grintsaig.

Luckily I photographed each and every problem since I got the headlights and up until today so every claim will be backed up by a matched photo, also all of the emails I exchanged with Umnitza and Matt (over 200) are backed up, saved and screenshots will be posted if needed.

My ordeal begun in October of 2013 when I ordered complete set of front headlights for my BMW E90 LCI, I ordered two front headlights "E90 Projectors" with "Orion V4 120 LED Version" angel eyes and "FX-R retrofit 35W Xenon" Bixenon.

In this post I will number the events that I have had with the headlights and with Umnitza representatives and Matt in a chronological order, for the biggest and most severe problems you can jump to #3 and continue to #4:

1) In October of 2013 i ordered and received the headlights from Umnitza, as soon as I opened the package I noticed a odd piece of something fumbling inside my passenger side headlight, emailed umnitza about it to find out that it’s an UGLY "Piece of glue that got loose", after many attempts pulling it out umnitza emailed me the next solution:
"the next option would be to put the
headlight in an oven that's heated up to 215 degrees Fahrenheit, so that
will allow you to take out the lens from the headlight, letting you reach
and take out the glue piece that is stuck in there."
I haven’t got the headlights and I already need to freaking stuck them in the oven and open them while I have no mechanical knowledge what so ever.
Eventually I managed to pull out this piece after a lot of effort but only because I managed to get it loose from the side it was stuck on, otherwise I would have had to open the headlights myself.

2) Because installing the headlights grounds the car for a whole day it took me about 3 weeks to find time for the installation, I ordered my mechanic to my house to get them installed, as I got back to the the car I saw error lights on the main dash indicating that the two front headlights are faulty, I talked about this issue with umnitza prior to installing the headlights and here is a quote I got when I asked if I should expect any errors after install: "We have had no reports on errors for the 2008-2011, only 2006-7", my E90 is 2010 and guess what, It got errors, CC-ID 131 and CC-ID 132.

When I saw that the problems are mounting up I wanted Paypal buyer protection to be at my side so I decided to open a case for the transaction just in case any more problems are found and things won't work out with Umnitza, unfortunately 45 days had passed so I could only notify them I have a problem with the transaction but I was not eligible for their full protection.

3) OK, This is probably the biggest problem with Umnitza headlights that makes them totally unusable, the headlights are not 100% sealed for rain & car wash.

So as soon as I got my car back from the shop, saw all the errors and stuff I moved on and decided to wash the car in my garage, it was a sunny hot day and all I did was hose washing the outside of the car, no soap, no sprinkles, nothing.
5 minutes after I finish washing the car and letting in dry in the sun I see the passenger side headlight has fogginess and drops of water inside it.

I emailed umnitza right away about this and in the meanwhile opened the rear blubs caps and fanned it with cool air with an hair drier to evaporate the water from within the headlight.
I got an email back from umnitza saying
"The issue is something that happens only 1 or 2 times first and then it goes away. Please leave the car in the sun and it will go away."
Ok so ive done that, waited till it's gone, washed the car again and now not only do I have water drops inside my headlight but I notice that my headlight became A FREAKING AQUARIUM it accumulated like 3 inch of water inside it, so im looking at the connection of the black plastic and the transparent lens and I find out there is a gap in between them where a seal should be.

Now for umnitza comment to this I must dedicate a full paragraph:

"Let me explain a couple of things so you understand that it’s not entirely a defect.
We build headlights with the glue they have. When we open them, the glue gets a little separated and it’s warmed up. When we close them, the same thing happens. We do this in California where temperatures vary between 15-30 degrees Celsius.

Then we package them up sealed and ship them. They get put onto a truck, it gets shipped to the airport, and then the plane ships it to you. During the flight, the plane is at 35000ft elevation, where temperatures in the cargo area can reach -50 Celsius. Then of course when it reaches your country, the temperature is once again 20-39 Celsius.
So you can see that sometimes the seal gets hard in the cold, then soft in the warm and can develop microscopic bubbles. Putting a small bead of silicon around the edges of the lip will usually help settle this without any issues"

Do you get it? Umnitzas claiming that their headlights might not be sealed properly if they ship it via air, ISNT THAT CRAZY?

At that instant im rushing my mechanic back to take out the faulty headlight off while umnitzas telling me" The situation where you see the slight gap *MAY* be contributing, but the only way to know this is to put some black silicon in that area and run the car for a period of time to see if it solves the problem".
The mechanic got the headlight off (requiring a removal of the whole front bumper) and when it was out and angled it was literally pouring out water.
I am testing the gap and sees that water runs through it with no sealing what so ever.
So im listening to umnitzas technical support and not only do I silicone the gap but I silicone the whole headlight head to toe wherever there are joints and let it harden for a day.
Now im having the mechanic putting it back together so I can finally drive my vehicle, he finishes, we are washing the car again, hose only, to find out that AGAIN that there is condensation and water filling the headlight.
At that point im thinking "wait a minute, you are all bothered with that headlight but what about the other one? You haven’t looked at it" all sure its perfectly fine im looking inside the OTHER headlight to find out that although it does not have any condensation on the lens itself it is filled with 2 inch of water inside it.

Astonished I decide to make an experiment, I tape two toilet paper pieces to the inside of both blub caps of both headlights, close them and wash the car with only a hose, dries everything up, open the caps to find out the papers soaked with water, meaning there is a huge leak in the headlights (I made a video of the whole procedure and I will post it if needed).

Seeing the results Im ordering the mechanic yet again to remove both headlights asap, once they are out I examine them closely to find out that both of them have half an inch gap between the headlight unit and the caps that cover the bulbs.

Now those caps have sealing rubber on them because they should seal the headlights in that area only that mine do not seal what so ever and they are completely useless letting TONS of water pour in.

That problem is not in a single headlight but in both headlights, what does than say about umnitza products quality and quality inspection? 2 out of 2 faulty headlights, and even more so with the SAME problem?

At this point after glue pieces, error lights, three different leaking unsealed areas on both headlights, grounded car and an unpaid bill for all the mechanic work and without paypal buyers protection I demand a full refund of my money (for the headlights only nothing else) umnitza completely ignores me and address the back caps issue:
"All you need to do is put a larger seal on that spot, it’s very very easy."
So I continue trying to fix this horror and asking how to seal it and umnitza unbelievable response is: "Try just a small bit of silicon in that area." With that solution the rear caps that are supposed to be removable becomes unusable and there is no way to change bulbs if needed.

In my desperation I went online and posted anonymously about a "condensation problem in headlight" with no mention of umnitza or anything else that might indicate the brand of the headlights, I let umnitza know about this topic and what was their response? Straight up THREAT:

"If you feel you want to post something online, you are of course fully able to, just like we are also fully able to discontinue support. Everyone has free will "

Can you believe it? umnitza is latterly saying – keep the post up and we will stop support you.

Seeing nothing is working out with umnitza I took both headlights to an expert in my living area to have them properly sealed.

ok so now I will stop to summarize all of the events financially wise until that point:

1) Bringing a mechanic to disassemble and reassemble the headlights numerous times (each disassembly requires a removal of the whole front bumper as well) – 550$.
3) After both headlights were out again I sealed the left one with silicone as well just In case anything happens.
4) To seal the rear covers correctly I gave the headlights to and headlights expert in my area to add the extra gasket and he charged me 50$ for the work and materials.
5) The whole process took two weeks and my car had been jammed in the garage since the 22th of November, in that time I had to use taxis as my transportation, that cost me another 550$.
6) This process had consumed so much from my time in that two weeks and that cannot even be calculated.
Total sum of money spent: 1150$ in repairs only, not including headlight initial cost.

At that point I was jammed from both sides, I did not have paypal buyer protection so I had to deal a compensation with Matt Grintsaig the owner of Umnitza.
After all of this ordeal he offers me two choices, 300$ compensation (with over 2000$ in expenses until that point [incl` headlights]) or send them my headlights for repair (meaning having my car grounded for at least a month).
After declining his offer he did not budge until the final offer was 355$ refund + 1 year warranty take it or leave it.
With nothing else to do and ton of money wasted I decided to take this refund stay with crippled headlights, lose what ill lose and learn the lesson from this horror vendor.

The end NOT.

4) So now in August 2014, less than a year since I received the headlights I park my car at home, locks it and what do I see?

The freaking angel eyes ring in the driver side headlight just popped out and its loose inside the headlight.
With little hopes I contact matt via email with photos of this horror, what's his solution?:
"If you would like us to fix them, They are covered under a 1 year warranty but you would be responsible for shipping." – yeah, shipping, modest thing of around 400$.
Now I have the mechanic take off the headlight once again and I decide that this time I will try and fix this terror-light myself so I baked it open in the oven, and what do I find out once its opened? The plastic clip that should hold it to place is just broken.

I don’t care anymore, I just glued the angel eyes ring back to its place and at this point I do not even seek to talk to Matt or anyone from umnitza.
I only plan to try and fix those lights and get rid of my E90 and leave this whole horror story behind me.
At this point im -2500$~ and counting.

I post this even though I got threats from Matt warning me not to post anything bad about his company:
"There are many protections that vendors have – legal lawsuits, credit agency reporting where we can damage a person’s credit almost permanently, public reporting on various online vendor sites that can ruin a person’s reputation as well. Buyers aren’t the only ones that have resources. We are all people here, there is no need to go into this. It wastes everyone’s time." – yeah, and what about WHOLE DAYS I wasted because of those faulty products of his?

I have two last things to say:
1) from my own experience I would strongly avoid buying Umnitza products, the products I received were broken and of very low quality.

2) To my own personal view the customer service of umnitza is completely horrible.

Please spread this post, Thank you.

*I am sorry if this post is in the wrong section, if so, please move it to the proper one, thank you.
Appreciate 0